Used to Be Fat

Here's what I look like after a workout with the "PUMP" Flexing (i wished i looked like this 24/7). 
p00670.jpg

Here's what I looked like before...
1wzcobx84kwc53eyz91z9du.jpg

used to be 42"+ waist... now around 33.

before.. 267 at most
after.. 150 the lowest

I still got that "fat guy mentality" kind of
Im trying to get down to 140 and then "bulk up" from there.

Raises hand*

My weight gain rapidly accelerated in my Freshmen year in college. I'm sure some of us have heard about the "Freshmen 10-15" due to the new environment and different adjustments. For myself, I gained 45 pounds up to my Sophomore year. The reason for the weight gain was obvious. I ate at fast food restaurants almost everyday, I drank soda, and I hated the thought of exercise.

Around this, the Air Max History of Air shoes hit the outlets for great prices, so I copped like most (1s, 93s and 95s). Since they were cheap ($20-$40), I didn't care about any scuffs or anything, so I used them all as beaters. I put two and two together and started running towards a healthy lifestyle in the Summer of 2007. Ever since high school, I cannot remember a time when I used a pair of shoes for their actual purpose. lol

I began running one mile a day for a month, and my weight was steadily dropping. Of course, I dropped the soda, started to eat healthier foods and resisted eating at fast food joints, which DEFINITELY helped. As I felt more comfortable, I inceased my mileage and upgraded the tech of my footwear because running in AMs started to hurt my feet after awhile. With all the running and changed eating habits, I started feeling great!

Fast forward two years, I lost a toatl of 55 pounds since highschool, and I've maintained a healthy lifestyle. Now, ever Summer, I test myself to run 100 miles in the span of five days. I'm also training for two marathons in months to come (SF & Nike SF).

All I can say is that ONE healthy decision is a step towards another and another.

And if you plan to run / workout, Bluetooth Stereo Headsets are the way to go!

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Here's what I look like after a workout with the "PUMP" Flexing (i wished i looked like this 24/7). 
p00670.jpg

before.. 267 at most
after.. 150 the lowest

Wow!
eek.gif
Good job...

me. me.

I started working at Chick Fil A during High school, I was reaching about 280... I wore a size 42 waist size.
frown.gif
no one told me I was fat lol...

Anyways, I started hooping more, stopped drinking soda and what not... Now I'm about 190... with a size 33 waist size.
i'm 6'3" btw

I'm 175...trying to get to 165 I'm 5'11ish but, my diet sucks since I can't stop eating junk food.

I've always been chubby, in the middle of High School I got in shape,
but that Christmas vacation I pigged out and ditched my healthy lifestyle.

I've been meaning to get in shape ever since..
Instead, I gained a good 20ish pounds in my Freshman year of college (this year)
Between eating fast food regularly, and drinking soda, I'm now in horrible shape.
The thing that sucks is that I know HOW to lose weight, and I know that its possible
because I did it before, but I haven't been consistent.

This entire semester I've been trying so hard: drinking only (a gallon) of water a day,
eating healthy, 45minutes of Cardio...But that lasts for like a week. Then I have tests
and other assignments, which lead tome abandoning my consistency. I really wanted
to lose my gut before the Summer so I could look decent, but now I have finals and
its practically impossible. Now I have to go through the majority of the summer looking
like @!$! (6'1'' 220, no muscle)...It's my chance to be consistent, and I'll be damned if
I'm not in decent shape by mid-July.

end rant/

edit: wow props gatorad3

p00670.jpg

before.. 267 at most
after.. 150 the lowest

im 5'11"

my 2010 new years resolution was to lose some pounds so i started to only drink water, eat less calories & only eat fast food on rare occasions. so far ive went from 215 to 185-180 so im happy with the results so far. but it still looks like i have a gut though and ive been getting off track recently because i havent been counting my calories.

I was 224 a few months back.. not ever a fat kid or anything.. I am 6'3 but just had to much fat.. Im now 199 and six pack is almost in full sight

Originally Posted by sbrar8

yea i dropped about 30 lbs of fat since last summer
hit up the Stay/Get in shape thread

Same with me.  I'm 5'8" and last summer I was pushing 200lbs and needed to move up to a W33 or W34 and almost thought about moving up to XL for shirts 
grin.gif

Then I started eating a lot healthier and worked out.  I ditched the fast food and stopped eating late unless I came home late from work.  I still ate my sweets but kept it small.  Vegetables, baked chicken, rice and fruits were a lot of my main food.  

Eating good proportions were probably the most important thing. I used to go for 2 plate fulls (sometimes 3), but not I'd have difficulty finishing a 2nd serving.

Now I'm down to around 170lbs and wearing Medium shirts and back down to W32.  It's one of the greatest feelings behind a lot healthier.  

(Another thing, I used to get so tired playing a few pick up games.  Now I'm back to playing pick up games for hours.)

Back in the beggining of 07' when I was around 15-16, I reached my peek weight at 220 (I was around 5'9). Thought to myself, I HAD to get rid of it. Now after a few summers of bball and some working out, Im 175. Feel great

p00670.jpg

before.. 267 at most
after.. 150 the lowest

Props bruh.

I was 283 about a month ago. Join a gym and now im at 261. Trying to get down to 220-230 within the next couple months

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

p00670.jpg

before.. 267 at most
after.. 150 the lowest

Props bruh.

eek.gif

my dude. you deserve a page full of
pimp.gif
smileys. PROPS.

Originally Posted by DR813

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by DR813

I was big for most of my life. I weighed 270lbs in 2006, and now I weigh 185lbs. Having a free gym where u live FTW
pimp.gif
Info on workout routine? Calorie intake?

I just workout everyday. as far my diet, I just eat one meal a day. I eat real early and nothing for the rest of the day.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you only eat once per day?
What time do you workout?

So I am assuming you are getting fewer than 700 calories per day.

Have you checked out the stay in shape thread?

I gained a lot of weight during my mid 20's right after college. i got up to 185 for me it was a lot i had been 150 most of high school/college life. I joined a gym, lots of cardio, changed my diet and with in a few months i was down to 155. Then i started doing weigths and stopped the cardio..i gain some weight back, some muscle some flab. but i still go to the gym 4 times a week and eat a better diet, which helps. so i keep my weight around 165 which for me is great..

I swear if I change my diet, i'll see better results. I already work out 5 to 6 days per week. I just haven't altered what I eat AT ALL. I'm thinking if I try it for a month, i'll see better results. It's just hard when you have a kid. Lil guy is 6 and loves the stuff thats bad for us. SMH

Originally Posted by swooshdude

I swear if I change my diet, i'll see better results. I already work out 5 to 6 days per week. I just haven't altered what I eat AT ALL. I'm thinking if I try it for a month, i'll see better results. It's just hard when you have a kid. Lil guy is 6 and loves the stuff thats bad for us. SMH
Don't make excuses. You can do it man. Get to where you need to get and bring your son along with you. You can do it.
pimp.gif

Used to be fat kid. 5th grade-*%#, got a lil taller, played football and bball..slimmed up

I used to be 250 when I was 17 I'm 5'9" btw. Once I graduated from school I decided to lose it. For the whole summer I was working out around 3 hrs a day non-stop I still don't know how I didn't give up. Once I was done with the workout I would just chill in my room. When the summer was done and I started college I weighed around 175. I went to visit a friend of mine and he could barely recognize me lol dude asked me if I knew him. Right now I'm around 165 I'm fine where I'm at I might drop to 155 and be good. I went from a size 42 to a size 34.
pimp.gif

p00670.jpg

before.. 267 at most
after.. 150 the lowest

Major props dude. Tips?

Back
Top Bottom