using the cell phone while driving- anybody been fined yet?

I know in Ontario we are now prohibited from using the cell or messing with the ipod while driving, but have you heard of anyone getting fined yet? I messwith the ipod on the reg and I still see people holding their phones to their ears, so I wanted to know if cops are really enforcing this new law.

Not that I know.

I write emails on the BB while on the 407 at 130km/hr. I need to stop this for my own personal health, not just the fine. I also need to be wary of thepolice because they're enforcing that 150km/hr rule with the iron fist.

I still see people with the phone on their ear not paying attention. I have the tumor causing BT !%!@+$%#% head set. Man I hate it, but I hate cords evenmore. Plus you won't catch me waring it outside the car.

I try to avoid using handheld devices while driving, but its hard not to answer the phone lol.... I have a blue tooth ear piece but never use it. @!$$ feelshella uncomfortable and I feel like a total dweeb wearing it.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Not that I know.

I write emails on the BB while on the 407 at 130km/hr. I need to stop this for my own personal health, not just the fine. I also need to be wary of the police because they're enforcing that 150km/hr rule with the iron fist.

I still see people with the phone on their ear not paying attention. I have the tumor causing BT !%!@+$%#% head set. Man I hate it, but I hate cords even more. Plus you won't catch me waring it outside the car.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I still got my car, but I was pulled for going 67 in a 40 directly in front of a school by my house
smh.gif

Cop was cool though, knocked it down to 55.

Naw...you're just imagining it.

I was laughing at my post a few days ago basically predicting I'd get pulled over for speeding...then it happened. Its funny because its ironic. Like rainon your wedding day...but funnier.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Not that I know.

I write emails on the BB while on the 407 at 130km/hr. I need to stop this for my own personal health, not just the fine. I also need to be wary of the police because they're enforcing that 150km/hr rule with the iron fist.

I still see people with the phone on their ear not paying attention. I have the tumor causing BT !%!@+$%#% head set. Man I hate it, but I hate cords even more. Plus you won't catch me waring it outside the car.

Soo tru man...OPP don't play games when it comes to enforcing the 50km/hr rule. On the highway I don't go a lick over 140, noo need for the whip to getimpounded....At least they scrapped the idea of bringin photo radar back

I was on Richmond or some other street like a month or 2 ago and I was replying to a BBM mssg and I looked up to see if the light was green and I see 2 bikecops staring right at me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
They didn't seem to care cause they just rode off........

I also didn't know we couldn't fiddle with our ipods while in the car?
ohwell.gif

Prohibited here in Quebec too. My friend got caught using his cell while driving... fined $115 and lost 2 demerit points!

Wow, somebody actually got bit (thankfully not in Toronto). I'm like Confocal where I can't stand wearing the bluetooth. Copped one a couple years ago,and ending up giving it away after one day of use. I swear one of my biggest pet peeves is seeing cats walk around with that thing in their ear.

i think cops have bigger fish to fry than watching out for cell phone/ipod users (or they should, at least).

my friend saw a cop in his cruiser driving and using his cell phone actually. she snapped a picture on her camera phone lol

My boy got stopped, 5-0 was on the left side and my boy's right hand was up and it looked he was on his celly. So he gets pulled over and madembarassed, guess what, my MAN WAS PICKING HIS NOSE ! Lady cop was laughing and was in a good mood and let him go. I don't know how true this story is butI was laughing my %%+ off !!!

Back
Top Bottom