Utah Jazz vs Houston Rockets Game #3

IS ANYBODY IS INTERESTED IN MEETING UP "HAPPY HOUR" BEFORE THE GAME.... were looking for a spot.. near the toyota center, anysuggestions?//

I was definitely watching the game last night, and I almost didn't... but man am I glad I did. When Houston went up like 10 in the first half, I thought tomyself 'If Utah is within 3 at halftime, they'll win the game.' And what do you know? Tie ballgame at halftime.

But Houston played SOLID in the 4th.

And Landry...
smh.gif
... how are you going to lose your damn front tooth and get the game-saving black... AND... save it so you guys keep possession? That was...Landry has the greatest play in these young playoffs so far, and no one else is even close.

The main reason I say that is because even on the replay, we see that he definitely did NOT foul Deron, so it's not like he fouled Deron and the ref justmissed it. He blocked it CLEAN... and THEN saved it. Unbelievable.

HOWEVER... I hope for Houston's sake that Adelman told them something like this: "We had a hot start in the 1st half, but we end the half tied. Wewere up 7 with 1:44 left, and they came back to take the lead*. We can NEVER let up on these guys. Unless we're up by like 84, we HAVE to play likewe're down 10 with a minute left, BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THEY PLAY."

*I think that's right. Isn't it? I thought HOU was up 7, then Korver hit a 3 to bring it to 4, then the T-Mac offensive foul, then Ska Okur hit a 3 tobring it to 1, then... wait... wasn't that when Scola hit a couple free throws? Enh... now I'm getting all confused. Maybe UTA never did take the leadback. But I hope (for Houston's sake) that Adelman told them something along those lines.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*I think that's right. Isn't it? I thought HOU was up 7, then Korver hit a 3 to bring it to 4, then the T-Mac offensive foul, then Ska Okur hit a 3 to bring it to 1, then... wait... wasn't that when Scola hit a couple free throws? Enh... now I'm getting all confused. Maybe UTA never did take the lead back. But I hope (for Houston's sake) that Adelman told them something along those lines.

Utah never took the lead back. They got back within 1, McGrady missed the long jumper, then Landry blocked Deron's shot. Scola hits a free throw,Rockets go up 2.

You're right though, Houston needs to start playing with more of a sense of urgency. We were up 7 with 1:13 left, and Utah comes back within 1 point in30 seconds. No lead is ever safe, but especially not if you're playing somewhere like EnergySolutions Arena.

How do u get hit that far across the court from a touch like that. Refs need to review game tape and notice that AK just flops and hopes for a call. I wonderif he practices flopping

Originally Posted by OneTrust

smh.gif
at the same Tmac Haters coming in here acting like Tmac didn't hit the
two BIGGEST shots for them, or get a KEY block OR a crucial rebound that changed the whole momentum for them.

Some of the comments on here are pathetic seriously. Don't get me wrong, he made a bone headed play with that offensive foul and also the last shot. I
actually felt he should've passed that off cause it was contested great by AK but i know if he didn't take the shot these same Tmac haters would have
something to say, so either way, he loses in that regard. However, for y'all to act like he didn't do NOTHING the whole game is comedy to me.

He makes a basket and now he's got the scowl.
roll.gif
Gotta be kidding
me.
You act like it wasn't a CRUCIAL basket.

tmac need to buy the team dinner cuz they saved his @!% tonight....

Just like your favorite player needed to take his team to dinner for their Game 1 right?
eyes.gif

But yea rocket fans this team sucks right?

laugh.gif
at you acting like the Rockets are the MOST talented team
in the whole NBA. I love how the Lakers a year ago was a "NBDL" team according to you, yet this Houston team who has Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, Aaron
Brooks, and Mike Harris playing BIG minutes for them is not? I forgot, according to you, they should be the favorites to win the title but it's just
Tmac(the player you supposedly like cause you bought his shoes
laugh.gif
) is
just choking it away for this GREAT team.

Anyway, already knew i would see the same haters in here. Not surprised at all.

Big up to Landry, Rafer, Battier...hell, even Bobby Jacks for doing the do. That's what was great about this team and their win streak. It was a TOTAL
team effort. It wasn't just Tmac leading them or ALL Tmac, etc. All those wins were the TEAM but i guess some of you are fools because you forget that it
takes five.

So when is the tmac day parade? SOME Houston fans are hilarious... Rockets lose 2 close games and its because tmac's teammates suck and then he goes 2 for8 in the 4th and its all tmac.... SOME rockets fans are more hilarious then the kings fans back in the day...

I aint ever gonna change your homer attitude so no use in replying back to my post dude...

dako akong otin wrote:

OneTrust wrote:

laugh.gif
at you acting like the Rockets are the MOST talented team in the
whole NBA. I love how the Lakers a year ago was a "NBDL" team according to you, yet this Houston team who has Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, Aaron
Brooks, and Mike Harris playing BIG minutes for them is not?

leave the Lakers out of it for now.... because alot of us are cheering for T-Mac
pimp.gif

save that for the 2nd round if both our teams advance
devil.gif
tongue.gif

It really didn't have nothing to do with the Lakers I was just more comparing how he can think THIS Houston team is title contenders yet a team that he
roots for who was WAY more talented then THIS current Rocket squad on the court were straight scrubs. Doesn't make sense at all really.
And i see some
of you Laker/kobe fans rooting for Mac so nothing but respect for y'all.

I love how you leave Battier, Scola, Alston, and deke off that list
laugh.gif
Carl Landry ALONE>Kwame Brown, Luke Walton AND Smush Parker. son dont even lie...

I actually want the rockets to win so the lakers can play um but the way ya rocket fans act is down right hilarious... Only on niketalk will you find peoplebragging and boasting about a 2 for 8 performance...

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

all of that is either here nor there. TMAC escaped with that win. not in full because of what he did, but Deron missed two wide open passes to Boozer on that
last play. TMAC did well, but they will lose if he plays like he did tonight because though it was better than games 1/2 it was still bad...especially that
last jumper he clanked
sick.gif

Wow i totally agree with you... Are you a rocket fan? I am shocked...

Originally Posted by Super Noblekane

smh.gif
at the same Tmac Haters coming in here acting like Tmac didn't hit the
two BIGGEST shots for them, or get a KEY block OR a crucial rebound that changed the whole momentum for them.

Some of the comments on here are pathetic seriously. Don't get me wrong, he made a bone headed play with that offensive foul and also the last shot. I
actually felt he should've passed that off cause it was contested great by AK but i know if he didn't take the shot these same Tmac haters would have
something to say, so either way, he loses in that regard. However, for y'all to act like he didn't do NOTHING the whole game is comedy to me.

He makes a basket and now he's got the scowl.
roll.gif
Gotta be kidding
me.
You act like it wasn't a CRUCIAL basket.

tmac need to buy the team dinner cuz they saved his @!% tonight....
Just like your favorite player needed to take his team to dinner for their Game 1 right?
eyes.gif

But yea rocket fans this team sucks right?

laugh.gif
at you acting like the Rockets are the MOST talented team
in the whole NBA. I love how the Lakers a year ago was a "NBDL" team according to you, yet this Houston team who has Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, Aaron
Brooks, and Mike Harris playing BIG minutes for them is not? I forgot, according to you, they should be the favorites to win the title but it's just
Tmac(the player you supposedly like cause you bought his shoes
laugh.gif
) is
just choking it away for this GREAT team.

Anyway, already knew i would see the same haters in here. Not surprised at all.

Big up to Landry, Rafer, Battier...hell, even Bobby Jacks for doing the do. That's what was great about this team and their win streak. It was a TOTAL
team effort. It wasn't just Tmac leading them or ALL Tmac, etc. All those wins were the TEAM but i guess some of you are fools because you forget that it
takes five.

So when is the tmac day parade? SOME Houston fans are hilarious... Rockets lose 2 close games and its because tmac's teammates suck and then he goes 2 for 8 in the 4th and its all tmac.... SOME rockets fans are more hilarious then the kings fans back in the day...

I aint ever gonna change your homer attitude so no use in replying back to my post dude...

All Tmac? Who said it was ALL Tmac? We're not blinded like you and your love for your favorite player. Practically EVERYONE in here gave props toeveryone else on the team but haters like you REFUSE to give ANY credit to Tmac as shown from ALL your other previous Tmac hate posts(example: Jeff Van Gundydeserves ALL the credit for last year when Yao went out.) Love how you TOTALLY ignored Tmac's avgs. going up during that time.
I love how you leave Battier, Scola, Alston, and deke off that list
laugh.gif
Carl Landry ALONE>Kwame Brown, Luke Walton AND Smush Parker. son dont even lie...

Please, acting as if Luke didn't play good for you guys just the other night or that he wasn't the front runner for most improved before he got injuredlast year. You're the same guy that thought Chuck Hayes was WAAAAAAAAAY better than Turiaf and that Rafer last year was a better shooter then Farmar &Sasha.
eyes.gif
I bet in your eyes Rafer is the best PG in the NBA though right?

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Dr 715

That's like T-Mac's FG percentage in the 4th quarter...

My point is this...if you think that's clever, then I don't know what to tell you. Basically the same thing you said to me.

I don't think that's clever.

So what's your point?

I mean, T-Mac scores 1 pt like he did in Game 2, he'll get blamed.

Or dude will score 7 in the 4th, get a few key rebounds, hit some clutch free throws, get a block, etc, the Rockets get the win, he'll still get theblame/get downplayed like we see in this thread.

Or he'll go off for complete series' like he did against Dallas and the Jazz last year, game 7 included, and he'll get blamed for not advancing.

No matter what, unless he gets out the first round, he'll get blamed regardless.

Rockets fans in this thread if you read it throughout aren't saying T-Mac carried the Rockets to a victory tonight.

We're not blind.

We saw Skip come back and step it up. Hitting three's, running tear drops.

We saw the man that is Carl Landry get his tooth knocked out, and comes up huge with that block.

What we were just saying is, before this game, people were talking about his 1 pt combined in two fourth quarters.

Game 3, people point out the 2-8 in the 4th, but those 2 buckets were huge. Rewatch the 4th quarter. Those two buckets basically sparked the Rockets run thatput them up 7 with like a minute and some change left.

T-Mac's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't to a lot of people on this board, until he makes it out the first round.

I could point out T-Mac's career playoff PPG, but people would say it doesn't matter because he hasn't made it out the first round.

Ok, how about 27 7 5 last night, and they got the win?

Now what?

Onto Game 4.

Originally Posted by franchise3

No matter what, unless he gets out the first round, he'll get blamed regardless.
Ummm basically.
He's the leader. When you win, he gets props. When he loses he gets blamed.
He keeps getting blamed because he has yet to make it out of the 1st round.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by franchise3

Ummm basically.
He's the leader. When you win, he gets props. When he loses he gets blamed.
He keeps getting blamed because he has yet to make it out of the 1st round.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the dude, but if he gets knocked out this year, we know he's gonna get blamed.

This year, is it fair?

Say he makes it OUT of the first round THIS year?

No Yao, going down 0-2, losing both at home nonetheless, against a Jazz team that everybody picked over the Rockets. What happens then?

Does it erase all those other years of him not making it out the first round?

Probably not, probably a lot of 'big deal,' 'talk to me when he wins a chip,' type talk, as opposed to the berating of the dude if he fails tomake it out once again.

I guess we'll see though.

Back
Top Bottom