Vancouver thread.

Turns out live stock is doing 3 in store raffles, as well as a raffle you can enter online. That's 4 chances, plus raffle at Dipt. Check it out.

Turns out live stock is doing 3 in store raffles, as well as a raffle you can enter online. That's 4 chances, plus raffle at Dipt. Check it out.

http://deadstock.ca/livestock/jordan-3-88/

EDIT: double post, my bad, dang mobile phone.

I saw that earlier and couldn't help but feel very happy. Vancouver boutique stores have finally turned the corner, Livestock especially. The need to physically come by their store to fill in a ballot is the optimal process. The simplicity of filling out an online ballot or sending an e-mail won't cut it anymore and I'm sure there will be a significant drop in in entrants, thus improving the chances of people who are actually willing to drop by their two locations. I'm sure DIPT will follow suit; managing physical ballot forms is much easier than managing all the e-mails they probably get. After all, giving people another reason to walk into their stores will only do these businesses good....

I'll be making my way down to both Livestock stores tomorrow and while in downtown I'll probably drop by DIPT and maybe buy something since they've got their spring break sale.

I saw that earlier and couldn't help but feel very happy. Vancouver boutique stores have finally turned the corner, Livestock especially. The need to physically come by their store to fill in a ballot is the optimal process. The simplicity of filling out an online ballot or sending an e-mail won't cut it anymore and I'm sure there will be a significant drop in in entrants, thus improving the chances of people who are actually willing to drop by their two locations. I'm sure DIPT will follow suit; managing physical ballot forms is much easier than managing all the e-mails they probably get. After all, giving people another reason to walk into their stores will only do these businesses good....

I'll be making my way down to both Livestock stores tomorrow and while in downtown I'll probably drop by DIPT and maybe buy something since they've got their spring break sale.
You've got it exactly right. I as well will be dropping by both locations, and am hoping that Dipt will follow suit with the next release. I am very excited at the chance I will have at both stores, plus the two online raffles. Not to mention the fact that hopefully both stores will be doing the same for the next few limited releases.

You've got it exactly right. I as well will be dropping by both locations, and am hoping that Dipt will follow suit with the next release. I am very excited at the chance I will have at both stores, plus the two online raffles. Not to mention the fact that hopefully both stores will be doing the same for the next few limited releases.

Yeep. Livestock had the 88 editions in their usual glass displays....they looked awesome! :wow:

Yeep. Livestock had the 88 editions in their usual glass displays....they looked awesome!
eek.gif
Did they ever, I actually have a pair I got on the US release date from eastbay, but i really wouldn't mind doubling up. Almost wore them today with the beautiful weather we had, but decided to un-ds my royal 1s. The employee at the gastown location said that not too many people had come down to enter the raffle, but I didn't ask about at the west 4th location. Hoping we have a lot better chances!

I went by the Gastown shop today and the guy there had me fill out a ballot on an iPad. Have people been filling out physical paper ballots?

Last edited:
I'M GOING HAAAAAAM RIGHT NOW!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CONGRATULATORY E-MAIL FOR WINNING A PAIR!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'M GOING HAAAAAAM RIGHT NOW!!!!! I JUST GOT THE CONGRATULATORY E-MAIL FROM LIVESTOCK FOR WINNING A PAIR!!!!!!
Congrats man, glad to hear. I didn't get an email, guess that means I didn't win. Eh, I'm happy with the pair I already got, haha. 
laugh.gif

No such luck here. Did manage to get some Jordan 11 breds from eastbay this morning though. You win some you lose some.

This was one HELLUVA morning! I ended up with three pairs.....You guys will be just as shocked as I was in the morning...

I didn't just win at one raffle, I won at THREE (YES THREE!!!) raffles....:wow: :wow: :wow: I won at Corner store and both Livestock locations.

I received an e-mail from Corner Store at 10:29am, West 4th Livestock at 11:47 and Gastown Livestock at 12:13. Corner Store had already drawn their size 9 pair so I had the option to take the 8.5. I initially thought that shouldn't be too bad since many people in the '88 edition white/cement 3s thread said these run big. Then I was amazed when I received the congratulatory e-mail from West 4th; I won my actual size 9. After going HAAAAM again in my iMesage group chat with buddies, I received ANOTHER e-mail, this time from the Gastown store. My buddies thought I was trolling just to add salt on their wounds after not winning.

I was in complete disbelief so I felt the need to call the West 4th location just to confirm with them that I had in fact won twice. The reason why I thought it could have been their system messing up was because the W4th e-mail was sent directly to my e-mail; Gastown's e-mail was sent to 'Livestock Customer Service'. Ben cleared everything up. He said that yes, I did win at both, however, I wasn't supposed to and that the person who drew from Gastown didn't see my name already listed as a W4th winner. I told him that it was no problem at all and that I was hoping whoever won the re-draw of the size 9s from Gastown was as passionate as I am about sneakers (J's at the least) and not some grimy reseller. My buddies did blast me for my good deed since a few of them also wear size 9s. I told them what I did was morally correct and that I'd never want to ruin the integrity of Livestock's raffle especially since they did their raffles properly for this release.

As long as all limited releases are handled the same way Corner Store and Livestock did this one, I will never regret my decision to call W4th to clear things up which ultimately led to me winning only one pair from Livestock.

After all, I had to spread the wealth right?! :lol:

I will be rocking the 8.5's because they do run big (I wear size 9's in all the other J's I have). My size 9s will go to one of my buddies AND FOR FACE VALUE :lol:. The third pair I have is a size 14, lmao. I will be using that for trade bait to hopefully get something from my long list of 'must-haves'.

This was one HELLUVA morning! I ended up with three pairs.....You guys will be just as shocked as I was in the morning...

I didn't just win at one raffle, I won at THREE (YES THREE!!!) raffles....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I won at Corner store and both Livestock locations.

I received an e-mail from Corner Store at 10:29am, West 4th Livestock at 11:47 and Gastown Livestock at 12:13. Corner Store had already drawn their size 9 pair so I had the option to take the 8.5. I initially thought that shouldn't be too bad since many people in the '88 edition white/cement 3s thread said these run big. Then I was amazed when I received the congratulatory e-mail from West 4th; I won my actual size 9. After going HAAAAM again in my iMesage group chat with buddies, I received ANOTHER e-mail, this time from the Gastown store. My buddies thought I was trolling just to add salt on their wounds after not winning.

I was in complete disbelief so I felt the need to call the West 4th location just to confirm with them that I had in fact won twice. The reason why I thought it could have been their system messing up was because the W4th e-mail was sent directly to my e-mail; Gastown's e-mail was sent to 'Livestock Customer Service'. Ben cleared everything up. He said that yes, I did win at both, however, I wasn't supposed to and that the person who drew from Gastown didn't see my name already listed as a W4th winner. I told him that it was no problem at all and that I was hoping whoever won the re-draw of the size 9s from Gastown was as passionate as I am about sneakers (J's at the least) and not some grimy reseller. My buddies did blast me for my good deed since a few of them also wear size 9s. I told them what I did was morally correct and that I'd never want to ruin the integrity of Livestock's raffle especially since they did their raffles properly for this release.

As long as all limited releases are handled the same way Corner Store and Livestock did this one, I will never regret my decision to call W4th to clear things up which ultimately led to me winning only one pair from Livestock.

After all, I had to spread the wealth right?!
laugh.gif

I will be rocking the 8.5's because they do run big (I wear size 9's in all the other J's I have). My size 9s will go to one of my buddies AND FOR FACE VALUE
laugh.gif
. The third pair I have is a size 14, lmao. I will be using that for trade bait to hopefully get something from my long list of 'must-haves'.

haha man, that's awesome. Super jealous, come the next raffle let me know if your amazing luck gets you a size 8 that you wanna part with.

roll.gif

Nuts man! 

I was away for the weekend and knew I wouldn't be able to pick anything up in time. Didn't bother entering. I feel like I should have hahaha.

Did head to Burlington to the outlet and found a pair of Griffey 2's in Black and Tour yellow for $50 which was sweet. 

They had an entire run of Red Power Line frees and Red Kukini frees for $90, 1 Pair of dunks and a whole pile of Air Jordan 2012's in Black and white and one pair of the black/ white with the red liner for $100.00. The rest was pretty much crap. Some air force 1 duck boots in there too.

Last edited:
Nuts man! 

I was away for the weekend and knew I wouldn't be able to pick anything up in time. Didn't bother entering. I feel like I should have hahaha.

Did head to Burlington to the outlet and found a pair of Griffey 2's in Black and Tour yellow for $50 which was sweet. 

They had an entire run of Red Power Line frees and Red Kukini frees for $90, 1 Pair of dunks and a whole pile of Air Jordan 12's in Black and white and one pair of the black/ white with the red liner for $100.00. The rest was pretty much crap. Some air force 1 duck boots in there too.
Damn, I would've loved me some playoff 12s. I'm in south Africa right now so I had to pass on the 88 3s as well, managed to snag a pair of he got game 13s in new York during my layover though :smokin

was there even a restock in Canada?

I asked at footlocker and they said they weren't getting one. Didn't bother to ask at Champs.... Mind you I was away this weekend anyways.

Have a connect at footlocker and she said no so I didn't bother asking anywhere else

Was up at 5am and struck out on eastbay

Back
Top Bottom