video games that would scare the ____ out of you

431325-snes_bbl_box_f_large.jpg

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Parasite Eve, Gargoyles, RE2 and Silent Hill all had me shook.

oddly, Gargoyles was the one that made me say "eff this" and turn off the Sega, though. I don't know why, but there was one level that just spooked the hell out of me.

Parasite Eve, Gargoyles, RE2 and Silent Hill all had me shook.

oddly, Gargoyles was the one that made me say "eff this" and turn off the Sega, though. I don't know why, but there was one level that just spooked the hell out of me.

Originally Posted by LORENander

resident evil 2 had me shook. never really played anything similar after, and i keep telling myself to try left 4 dead 
i used to play the metal gear solid games in the dark. game wasnt scary at all, but its the freakin blaring signal when you get spotted by an enemy that gets me everytime 
laugh.gif

don't worry, L4D isn't really that scary .. just the witch's crying

Originally Posted by LORENander

resident evil 2 had me shook. never really played anything similar after, and i keep telling myself to try left 4 dead 
i used to play the metal gear solid games in the dark. game wasnt scary at all, but its the freakin blaring signal when you get spotted by an enemy that gets me everytime 
laugh.gif

don't worry, L4D isn't really that scary .. just the witch's crying

--When Resident Evil 2 first came out in 1998 or so..that game had me shook.
--More recently I played a demo for Bio-Shock on my boy's X-Box and that was pretty creepy.

--When Resident Evil 2 first came out in 1998 or so..that game had me shook.
--More recently I played a demo for Bio-Shock on my boy's X-Box and that was pretty creepy.

the latest games have been Dead Space and BioShock.

There's one part in BioShock where you walk past this like operating room and you see the shadow of a body on an operating table. So when you walk around to where the table is, there's no body
eek.gif
I went from confusion to realization to fright all in a span of 3 seconds
laugh.gif

if you're an OG then you'll remember this on PC

system-shock-2.jpg

Fathered a lot of the modern scare games and role playing FPS'

the latest games have been Dead Space and BioShock.

There's one part in BioShock where you walk past this like operating room and you see the shadow of a body on an operating table. So when you walk around to where the table is, there's no body
eek.gif
I went from confusion to realization to fright all in a span of 3 seconds
laugh.gif

if you're an OG then you'll remember this on PC

system-shock-2.jpg

Fathered a lot of the modern scare games and role playing FPS'

Resident Evil 2. I was sleeping over at my cousins when I was around 10-11 and we played RE2 in his dark bedroom at night , even though I didn't do most of the playing just watching my cousin play it had me shook to my bones

Resident Evil 2. I was sleeping over at my cousins when I was around 10-11 and we played RE2 in his dark bedroom at night , even though I didn't do most of the playing just watching my cousin play it had me shook to my bones

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Nothing but nope nope nope nope nope on every corner that was turned

Originally Posted by demik

Maybe not as scary, but Max Payne got me. Playing the level of the maze and hearing the baby cry, and playing it in a dark #%$ room made me turn my PS2 off.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I remember that

Bioshock 1...the splicers disguised as wax statues. They were completely silent..I would NEVER hear them coming, they would make me straight scream like a girl.

Back
Top Bottom