Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

What Icon Packs you guys usin. All the ones I find suck and I dont want an Iphone type icon pack. Id like a more cartoony set of the original icons. But ill just see what you guys are workin with (No Mo)

Check these out on XDA

Here is a screen shot of what they look like:
icto2b.jpg

Anyway I can do this without using bettercut?
You can try Anycut.

Here is a good tutorial.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

What Icon Packs you guys usin. All the ones I find suck and I dont want an Iphone type icon pack. Id like a more cartoony set of the original icons. But ill just see what you guys are workin with (No Mo)

Check these out on XDA

Here is a screen shot of what they look like:
icto2b.jpg

Anyway I can do this without using bettercut?
You can try Anycut.

Here is a good tutorial.

keep in mind 3.0 will be for higher end devices only.

2.2 will be reserved for the rest of the crowd.

keep in mind 3.0 will be for higher end devices only.

2.2 will be reserved for the rest of the crowd.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Anyone know how to set custom icons from icon packs as shortcuts in the Launcher Pro dock?

this. Also how exactly so I use juice defender

Anyone know how to set custom icons from icon packs as shortcuts in the Launcher Pro dock?

this. Also how exactly so I use juice defender

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

this. Also how exactly do I use juice defender
[h2]App(s) review: JuiceDefender & UltimateJuice[/h2]
Posted at 1:58 pm CDT, March 31st, 2010 by John Walton

[table][tr][td]
09e496eb0f5c866f9110f37ff4d3b456
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

JuiceDefender_widgets.jpg
48 hours of regular Nexus One use; always on, no charging. That’s what JuiceDefender (free) and its partner app, UltimateJuice (€2.79; $3.76 at the time of this writing) have done for me. JuiceDefender, on its own, is a great app. With it, you can set up a profile that will determine under what conditions your data connection will be active and for how long. For instance, the most simple setup is to schedule your APN to connect, say, for one minute, every 15 minutes. But there’s plenty more that can be done with this software fromLatedroid. Perhaps you want cellular data to be disabled from 2:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Why not shut data down when your battery is down below 3% of capacity? Maybe you want these rules overridden when the screen is on so you can manually refresh your GMail. JuiceDefender can facilitate all of this and more for you. But if you really want to take advantage of the program’s full potential, you’ll need to install UltimateJuice, which is really just a premium app that unlocks JuiceDefender. With both installed, you can enable all of the same rules for Wi-Fi, plus disable the search for networks when you’re not near any networks. Sure, you could enable and disable Wi-Fi manually via the Power Control widget, but will you remember to? Really? I don’t, which is one of the functions that make this app such a great value for me.

Another great feature of these apps are the widgets, seen above. One shows you how much JuiceDefender has extended your battery life with a multiplier, and the other shows you how much battery life you have left, or, when plugged in, how much time left to charge completely. Tapping the former opens up JuiceDefender’s profile screen (bottom left), and tapping the latter opens up the theme supporting Plotter (bottom right): a chart of battery usage. It’s rare that I rave without qualifiers about any product, but I’m coming pretty close in writing about these two apps. There are times when I’ve wished that waking the screen would result in quicker connections, but when that happens, I’m being unreasonable. It takes a few seconds to join a network, and the occasional delay has nothing to do with JuiceDefender, as far as I know. 
Download the free app, try it out for a few minutes, and I think you’ll want the additional features of UltimateJuice right away. I did, and I’m more than happy with my purchase. I went from 16 hours of use to 48 with a Nexus One. Some of you are much heavier drainers than I am, using your phone as an MP3 throughout the day. But I’m confident that you’ll see significant improvement on your battery life with JuiceDefender, which is why I wholeheartedly recommend this killer, beta app.

JuiceDefender.jpg
JuicePlotter.jpg

Tested: March, 2010

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

this. Also how exactly do I use juice defender
[h2]App(s) review: JuiceDefender & UltimateJuice[/h2]
Posted at 1:58 pm CDT, March 31st, 2010 by John Walton

[table][tr][td]
09e496eb0f5c866f9110f37ff4d3b456
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

JuiceDefender_widgets.jpg
48 hours of regular Nexus One use; always on, no charging. That’s what JuiceDefender (free) and its partner app, UltimateJuice (€2.79; $3.76 at the time of this writing) have done for me. JuiceDefender, on its own, is a great app. With it, you can set up a profile that will determine under what conditions your data connection will be active and for how long. For instance, the most simple setup is to schedule your APN to connect, say, for one minute, every 15 minutes. But there’s plenty more that can be done with this software fromLatedroid. Perhaps you want cellular data to be disabled from 2:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Why not shut data down when your battery is down below 3% of capacity? Maybe you want these rules overridden when the screen is on so you can manually refresh your GMail. JuiceDefender can facilitate all of this and more for you. But if you really want to take advantage of the program’s full potential, you’ll need to install UltimateJuice, which is really just a premium app that unlocks JuiceDefender. With both installed, you can enable all of the same rules for Wi-Fi, plus disable the search for networks when you’re not near any networks. Sure, you could enable and disable Wi-Fi manually via the Power Control widget, but will you remember to? Really? I don’t, which is one of the functions that make this app such a great value for me.

Another great feature of these apps are the widgets, seen above. One shows you how much JuiceDefender has extended your battery life with a multiplier, and the other shows you how much battery life you have left, or, when plugged in, how much time left to charge completely. Tapping the former opens up JuiceDefender’s profile screen (bottom left), and tapping the latter opens up the theme supporting Plotter (bottom right): a chart of battery usage. It’s rare that I rave without qualifiers about any product, but I’m coming pretty close in writing about these two apps. There are times when I’ve wished that waking the screen would result in quicker connections, but when that happens, I’m being unreasonable. It takes a few seconds to join a network, and the occasional delay has nothing to do with JuiceDefender, as far as I know. 
Download the free app, try it out for a few minutes, and I think you’ll want the additional features of UltimateJuice right away. I did, and I’m more than happy with my purchase. I went from 16 hours of use to 48 with a Nexus One. Some of you are much heavier drainers than I am, using your phone as an MP3 throughout the day. But I’m confident that you’ll see significant improvement on your battery life with JuiceDefender, which is why I wholeheartedly recommend this killer, beta app.

JuiceDefender.jpg
JuicePlotter.jpg

Tested: March, 2010

I've been leaving my Wi-Fi & Mobile data toggle widgets on my homescreen lately.
It helps to remind me that I should turn it on/off.

You CAN pay the $3.50 for the Ultimate Juice Defender to do it for you or Root...But I'm not a fan of doing either one. (Call me cheap/lazy)

laugh.gif

I've been leaving my Wi-Fi & Mobile data toggle widgets on my homescreen lately.
It helps to remind me that I should turn it on/off.

You CAN pay the $3.50 for the Ultimate Juice Defender to do it for you or Root...But I'm not a fan of doing either one. (Call me cheap/lazy)

laugh.gif

I'm using Juice Defender right now, i've been using my EVO and i'm seeing a little bit extra battery life but i'm not wow! yet maybe if i buy the app it will unlock all the features as of right now it Okay.

I think apps like Juice Defender shouldn't be any android user concern of how to improve battery life, Android as a OS is great but google can find ways that the OS can use less resources, less memory and other things that can improve battery runtime. I'm not sure if FROYO has increase runtime on my EVO. I wish it had crazy battery life like my bb curve that i can get away with out charging it and use it like 2-3 days and im still able to make calls and listen to music and surfing the web. EVO is great, yes the battery htc used for the sucks, but overall its a great phone.

I'm using Juice Defender right now, i've been using my EVO and i'm seeing a little bit extra battery life but i'm not wow! yet maybe if i buy the app it will unlock all the features as of right now it Okay.

I think apps like Juice Defender shouldn't be any android user concern of how to improve battery life, Android as a OS is great but google can find ways that the OS can use less resources, less memory and other things that can improve battery runtime. I'm not sure if FROYO has increase runtime on my EVO. I wish it had crazy battery life like my bb curve that i can get away with out charging it and use it like 2-3 days and im still able to make calls and listen to music and surfing the web. EVO is great, yes the battery htc used for the sucks, but overall its a great phone.

For those undecided about which Droid to purchase or waiting on the "Droid Pro"

We've learned from a source close to the situation that the rumored global version of the Droid 2 with GSM and CDMA radios is actually the same phone as the also-rumored Droid Pro -- although Verizon apparently has a tendency to fiddle with branding right up until the last minute, so the retail name could still change. It's identical to the current Droid 2 in every way except for the fact that it houses a GSM / HSPA radio for global roaming, though we're not able to confirm previous rumors that it'll be available in a white version; presumably, you'll pay a bit more than the Droid 2's $200 on contract for the privilege of being able to take your buddy overseas. Barring any last-minute delays, we should see it launch within weeks.

ttp://www.engadget.com/2010/08/19/exclusive-droid-pro-is-the-global-version-of-the-droid-2-lg-en/

For those undecided about which Droid to purchase or waiting on the "Droid Pro"

We've learned from a source close to the situation that the rumored global version of the Droid 2 with GSM and CDMA radios is actually the same phone as the also-rumored Droid Pro -- although Verizon apparently has a tendency to fiddle with branding right up until the last minute, so the retail name could still change. It's identical to the current Droid 2 in every way except for the fact that it houses a GSM / HSPA radio for global roaming, though we're not able to confirm previous rumors that it'll be available in a white version; presumably, you'll pay a bit more than the Droid 2's $200 on contract for the privilege of being able to take your buddy overseas. Barring any last-minute delays, we should see it launch within weeks.

ttp://www.engadget.com/2010/08/19/exclusive-droid-pro-is-the-global-version-of-the-droid-2-lg-en/

I'm glad I got my x when I did I love it. I was worried about the screen being to big but everything else just seems small now

I'm glad I got my x when I did I love it. I was worried about the screen being to big but everything else just seems small now

[h3]How to calibrate HTC EVO battery and possibly double your battery life[/h3]
Whether the HTC EVO 4G's lithium ion battery needs to be primed/conditioned is still a matter of debate, but it seems that it does need to be calibrated at least once.

Calibrating the EVO battery was actually specifically recommended by HTC a few weeks ago, but the topic has resurfaced in my inbox within the past few days, so I don't want to let another day go by without passing it on.

The method sounds ridiculous but many people have confirmed that it has nearly doubled their battery life, so it's clearly worth a shot. Instructions below.
http://
This is a one-time only procedure.
  1. Turn the EVO on and charge it for 8 hours.
  2. Unplug it and turn it off.
  3. Plug it back in and charge for 1 hour.
  4. Unplug it and turn it on.
  5. Wait 2 minutes and turn it off.
  6. Plug it back in and charge for 1 hour.
Here's a variation of these instructions:
  1. Turn the EVO on and charge it until the LED indicator turns green.
  3. Plug it back in and charge until the LED indicator turns green.
  5. Once powered on completely, turn it off again.
  6. Plug it back in and charge until the LED turns green.
  7. Unplug it, turn it on, and use it normally.

[h3]How to calibrate HTC EVO battery and possibly double your battery life[/h3]
Whether the HTC EVO 4G's lithium ion battery needs to be primed/conditioned is still a matter of debate, but it seems that it does need to be calibrated at least once.

Calibrating the EVO battery was actually specifically recommended by HTC a few weeks ago, but the topic has resurfaced in my inbox within the past few days, so I don't want to let another day go by without passing it on.

The method sounds ridiculous but many people have confirmed that it has nearly doubled their battery life, so it's clearly worth a shot. Instructions below.
http://
This is a one-time only procedure.
  1. Turn the EVO on and charge it for 8 hours.
  3. Plug it back in and charge for 1 hour.
  5. Wait 2 minutes and turn it off.
  6. Plug it back in and charge for 1 hour.
Here's a variation of these instructions:
  1. Turn the EVO on and charge it until the LED indicator turns green.
  3. Plug it back in and charge until the LED indicator turns green.
  5. Once powered on completely, turn it off again.
  6. Plug it back in and charge until the LED turns green.
  7. Unplug it, turn it on, and use it normally.

Back
Top Bottom