Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caught in a dilemma:
Dropped my ATT Note 3 today and the screen won't power on but turns on and the camera plastic lens broke. |I Planning on selling to Usell.com for $128.

Or should I get it fixed for $300

Or should I just buy another phone from Craigslist and sell the phone on Usell.com?
If so, what's another comparable phone?

Caught in a dilemma:
Dropped my ATT Note 3 today and the screen won't power on but turns on and the camera plastic lens broke. |I Planning on selling to Usell.com for $128.

Or should I just buy another phone from Craigslist and sell the phone on Usell.com?

$128?

Bruh. I'd learn how to fix it yourself. Not worth $300 repair fees and not worth getting ripped off by USell.

The replacement screen costs about $225 and the rear camera lens cover is $15 =$240. So its like $30 for labor then for me to do it. I looked into it and don't feel like messing with the insides too much when I saw the tutorial using a heat gun. So I figured if I have it fixed for $300, I can sell it for $470-$500 on craigslist. Then using that to buy a g2 possibly?

Caught in a dilemma:

$128?

Bruh. I'd learn how to fix it yourself. Not worth $300 repair fees and not worth getting ripped off by USell.

This. and you could likely sell it for more than $128 broken on ebay or craigslist.

Last edited:
This. and you could likely sell it for more than $128 broken on ebay or craigslist.

I actually bit the bullet and fixed it at the repair shop for $230 instead. Plan to sell it afterwards for about $470-500 off Craigslist. I'm planning to then cop a G2 for $275-$300 on Craigslist (Waiting for replies). Basically paying $35-$60 for a G2 instead of $230 for fixing the Note 3.

I'm thinking about rooting my Verizon Galaxy S4. To be completely honest, I'm not dissatisfied with TouchWiz, I'm just wondering if a rooted S4 will be THAT much better. I rooted my HTC Thunderbolt a couple years back, but that was just to get ICS. Anyone here running a rooted S4? 

I'm thinking about rooting my Verizon Galaxy S4. To be completely honest, I'm not dissatisfied with TouchWiz, I'm just wondering if a rooted S4 will be THAT much better. I rooted my HTC Thunderbolt a couple years back, but that was just to get ICS. Anyone here running a rooted S4? 

I rooted my boys s4. On Verizon there's not much you can do right now, depending on your phones build number

Only roms you could flash are touch wiz based. Hyperdrive is the only one basically

My friend was on mj7 build. Check the forums over at xda developers

The best bet would be to just root then install the xposed framework and gravity box. Just stay stock since you can't do anything about touch wiz

Last edited:
I rooted my HTC Thunderbolt a couple years back,

get_over_here_bro_by_lesmestiar-d3xqw6o.png

I rooted my boys s4. On Verizon there's not much you can do right now, depending on your phones build number

Only roms you could flash are touch wiz based. Hyperdrive is the only one basically

My friend was on mj7 build. Check the forums over at xda developers

The best bet would be to just root then install the xposed framework and gravity box. Just stay stock since you can't do anything about touch wiz
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.
I'm assuming you're a former Thunderbolter as well? Loved the phone, I just cracked the screen and figured it was time to upgrade.

I'm assuming you're a former Thunderbolter as well? Loved the phone, I just cracked the screen and figured it was time to upgrade.
Really? It was the worst phone I ever owned. It could've been great, but .... It took so long to even get updates. The battery was HORRENDOUS. My god, using it stock you'd probably get 4-5 hours of battery life. The developer community wasn't that great. The kickstand was just a gimmick. You couldn't even use it in landscape mode when charging. Even with custom roms, it just sucked.

Only good thing was the 4G.

I dont get why im getting an error when im trying to put a rom on... Is it my recovery??? Im using TWRP

What's the error?

Last edited:
When i try to install the zip in TWRP it says failed... But now im reading this recovery isnt compatible with kit kat roms... idk what other recovery is there to use :lol:

Really? It was the worst phone I ever owned. It could've been great, but .... It took so long to even get updates. The battery was HORRENDOUS. My god, using it stock you'd probably get 4-5 hours of battery life. The developer community wasn't that great. The kickstand was just a gimmick. You couldn't even use it in landscape mode when charging. Even with custom roms, it just sucked.

Only good thing was the 4G.
I see where you're coming from with the slow updates. Looking back, yeah battery life was pretty crappy stock. I almost forgot that I ordered an HTC Rezound battery off Amazon for more juice.  I guess I was easily impressed because it was my first smartphone 
laugh.gif
. The S4 is definitely a step up. I would've been on the HTC One, but when I upgraded it wasn't available for Verizon yet 
mean.gif

[h1]Upcoming HTC One 2014 flagship pictured in gray[/h1]
20 February, 2014 | Comments (29)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroidRumors

Prominent leaker @evleaks  gave us the first "official" glimpse yesterday  of the widely leaked upcoming HTC flagship, the All New HTC One. Now, to accompany the gold-colored flagship spotted yesterday, we've got a second look at the device, this time in gray.
gsmarena_001.jpg

Despite being called The All New One, the 2014 HTC flagship obviously takes many of its design cues from its predecessor.

The smartphone is tipped to sport a 5-inch 1080p flagship with a Snapdragon 800 CPU ticking inside, and will also come in silver. The most notable addition, of course, is the dual-camera, dual-LED setup on the back.

Although we won't see the new One next week at MWC next week, HTC has announced a major event for March 25, so we'll likely get to see it in flesh in less than a month.

Update:  The aforementioned silver version has also been pictured:
gsmarena_002.jpg

Source  | Update:  Source

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom