Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

u could just put xbmc on ur xbox and cut the middle men out all together
it doesnt work on a xbox 360 slim. it only works with the regualr xboxes. I have a PS4 also

Probably just use imedia and my phone until my other Android G2 box come in

Last edited:
How did I not know that there was a XBMC Remote app smh at myself.
I have seen the remotes but never tried to mess with them. how you use them?

Just go into XBMC settings -> services -> enable remote control

You have to be on the same wifi network. It works flawlessly.

It basically controls everything from the phone try it out.

Last edited:

I haven't tried it but I will. I'm using an external player with XBMC so I have all simple controls.

is the XBMC controls just for playback or to search repo?

[h1]HTC will produce more affordable, plastic One M8[/h1]
13 April, 2014 | Comments (27)  | Post your comment

Tags: Misc

One of the main selling points of the HTC One M8 is its all aluminum body. The beautiful design and premium handling does come at a premium price and may leave lots of buyers out in the cold as the handset is just out of their price range.

As a means of competing with Samsung in price, however, HTC will be releasing a cheaper, plastic version of the HTC One M8.
gsmarena_001.jpg

Specs wise, expect the handset to be exactly the same, it just won't be encased in a metallic shell of burnished bling.

So how much cheaper is the cheaper version of the M8? It's a pretty significant price drop: $483 for the plastic version (SIM free) vs the $700 unlocked price of its aluminum older brother (it even sells as high as $853 in some regions).

Do you think that this is a smart move on HTC's part? Now that the One M8 can compete with the Galaxy S5 in terms of price, would you consider an HTC device over a Samsung one? Or were you willing to pay more all along?
Thanks to Neils for the tip!
Source

I haven't tried it but I will. I'm using an external player with XBMC so I have all simple controls.

is the XBMC controls just for playback or to search repo?

It does both you can browse other repos while watching a movie and has all the pause/stop, FFWD/RWD, etc.

Played with the S5 and M8 yesterday. I used Tmobile version of the S5, the first thing I notice is the screen, it's huge. The icons and homescreen is bright, a lot going on, widget wise, but pretty much a S4. The band-aid rear cover is not as bad as I've heard or initially thought, the texture feels really good. Also feels good in hand, but couldnt get a feel of the weight wise because it was attached to that cord. Scrolling through the screens was fast and smooth, camera is REALLY good, focus is REALLY fast. I'm not a fan of the UI though, just something about TouchWiz or whatever it's called seems clumsy and intrusive.

Far as the M8, I played with the Verizon version. The dark metallic version sucks and yes, it's slippery. I thought it was just people making things up, but it's more slippery than the regular silver (that was also there too). I don't like the texture on the dark metallic version and not sure what HTC was thinking when coming up with that color, smh. The phone, silver, looks just like the Silver M7, and the first thing that pops is that screen, it's damn right gorgeous, crisp and bright. Scrolling through the screens is incredibly fast. Again, I thought people were over exaggerating about it, but it's just as good as people say. The Verizon bloatware is present all over, with widgets, ugh, still the phone is really smooth. The phone feels great, very premium like, just like the M7, if not better. It looks bigger but doesn't feel much bigger than I read/view videos on YouTube. I couldn't get a feel for the weight because the cord, but I liked it, felt very familiar. I love the Sense 6.0 UI, looks great, feels light weight, it's getting less and less in your face, and close to Vanilla. The camera is dope... FFC that is. When I clicked on it it's what first popped up, and it's really clear, widescreen, I liked it. The rear camera... ehhh, lol. It's good, I took some nice photos, but just not as good as I hoped for. Reviews were on point. I used UFocus on well, it's okay, couldn't really get a good photo to use UFocus on, but it def needs work, a lot of the Bokeh (or whatever it's called) still creeped on the image I was focus on. The other effects like 3D and seasonal or pretty cool, I actually like those more than UFocus, lol, though I can never really use them on FB or IG.

I think at this point I will wait for Sense 6.0 to hit my phone, not really in a rush now for the M8 (unless a black one drops soon), really want to see what Apple can do with the iPhone 6 and iOS8 in June.
It's blurred cause their dual camera feature or whatever

yes i know, I  was saying I like it. i was wondering if a app could do that or if the devs made it happen yet
After Focus.

It's okay, but I like how the M8 does it better.

It does both you can browse other repos while watching a movie and has all the pause/stop, FFWD/RWD, etc.
just tried the yatse pretty cool but I look I stupid controlling XBMC on my phone or tablet with another phone. lol .... if I can find an app to mirror my phone via chromecast, I might try it. as of know I'm good using avia. once I push I still can forward pause play from within avia and also browse XBMC.

naw just some laptops.I 'm just going to buy a Android G2 Box to connect to my Tv and then build me a meida server to stream to all my tv';s in my house
I thought you had a couple of gboxes? I believe you are the reason I ordered mines.

[h1]HTC will produce more affordable, plastic One M8[/h1]

13 April, 2014 | Comments (27)
 | Post your comment

Tags: Misc

One of the main selling points of the HTC One M8 is its all aluminum body. The beautiful design and premium handling does come at a premium price and may leave lots of buyers out in the cold as the handset is just out of their price range.

As a means of competing with Samsung in price, however, HTC will be releasing a cheaper, plastic version of the HTC One M8.

Specs wise, expect the handset to be exactly the same, it just won't be encased in a metallic shell of burnished bling.

So how much cheaper is the cheaper version of the M8? It's a pretty significant price drop: $483 for the plastic version (SIM free) vs the $700 unlocked price of its aluminum older brother (it even sells as high as $853 in some regions).

Do you think that this is a smart move on HTC's part? Now that the One M8 can compete with the Galaxy S5 in terms of price, would you consider an HTC device over a Samsung one? Or were you willing to pay more all along?

Thanks to Neils for the tip!

Source

$483 aint bad......may just have to look into it

Last edited:
[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]Google ‘Moonshine’ may bring Android app icons more in line with web counterparts[/h2][h2] [/h2]
A couple of the more immediately-noticeable changes that the update to Android 4.4  brought with it are the changes to the status and navigation bars. Both became more transparent, and the status bar icons for things like signal strength, time and battery all turned white. Apparently Google may have some more UI tweaks in the works, as a new rumor claims that the company is prepping some new app icons for its Android apps.

According to Android Police, Google is working on new icons for its Android apps that will more closely resemble the icons used for its web apps. Known internally as “Moonshine,” apps like Play Music, YouTube, Gmail and more will reportedly be madeover with a new, more flat look with hard shadows. Some colors may also be tweaked slightly.

It’s not known yet if the icons shown in today’s leak are final designs or not, so it’s possible that they could be altered even further before they actually ship to consumers, if they do at all. That said, we’ve seen many smartphone manufacturers  and app developers  adopt flat designs as of late, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Google did the same, especially with the way that it’s simplified Android’s UI with transparent bars and white icons recently.

Are you a fan of these leaked Google app icons?

Source: Android Police

The only reason I used a different launcher is because the icons that are standard for apps are hideous. If I could customize the icons on the Google Now Launcer I would never both with a new one.

The launcer I use doesnt have the "OK Google" feature in the search bar and I used that a bit once that dropped.

Last edited:
The only reason I used a different launcher is because the icons that are standard for apps are hideous. If I could customize the icons on the Google Now Launcer I would never both with a new one.

The launcer I use doesnt have the "OK Google" feature in the search bar and I used that a bit once that dropped.

KK Launcher's icons are customizable, BUT the only thing is that you can't say OK google, BUT if you slide it over, google now will be there.

I'll grab those new icons tomorrow.

Holup?

Moonshine?

they skippin L?

KK Launcher's icons are customizable, BUT the only thing is that you can't say OK google, BUT if you slide it over, google now will be there.

Holup?

Moonshine?

they skippin L?
Yeah thats the Launcher that I use and thats exactly what I do. I'm sure its on their list and its coming so I'm not worried about it TOO much.

I like those new icons a lot!
I been using them and what I like is the fact you can press/hold them and you can delete/erase/edit/move...before you had to drage to the edit pencil or the trashcan etc... that and some of the animated lockscreens/homepages...

There is one that kinda looks like the matrix... 3d cylinder sorta like 3ds... It is complicated as hell to use but does look pretty awesome.

Holup?

Moonshine?

they skippin L?

"Moonshine" is the kind of design Google has been using on their websites. They are gonna start using that style icon on all their google apps now

Back
Top Bottom