• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still hesitant to update this moto x to lollipop. Everything just works and i don't wanna risk losing battery life or signal since the update for Verizon got mixed reviews

[h1]Android Lollipop update for LG G2 gets showcased on video[/h1]

10 January, 2015 | Comments (17)
 | Post your comment

Tags: LG
Android

LG was one of the first manufacturers to start rolling out Android 5.0 Lollipop last year, but so far the new software has only made it to the G3
 - and only in certain places. That said, it definitely looks like LG isn't going to leave its previous flagship, the G2
, behind when it comes to running the latest iteration of Google's mobile OS.

This has been made obvious by the fact that LG is hard at work on the Lollipop bits for the G2. This was confirmed by a leaked screenshot
 last month. And now, as further proof, we have a couple of quick videos showing us just what the new software will look like on the top LG phone from 2013.

As you can see, with this update LG has ported over its new UI first seen in the LG G3. So the G2 gets a more mature and better looking interface, along with the general improvements brought by Lollipop itself. Next up we have a video created through a screen recording app, which shows us different parts of the software.

Via (in Italian)

this is what I wanted to hear. Now I play the waiting game.

so did HTC not announce the M9 at CES? i was trying to follow as best I could and didnt see any unveiling of it at CES. really trying to hold out for info/pics of it. If it all looks good I wanna cop if they March rumored RD is true. if not ill get the note 4 now with my upgrade

Last edited:
Cycle your batteries!

Theres a reason why most developers on XDA say to go through a couple cycles before judging the battery life. :lol:

It doesn't just apply to custom ROMs.

Also, for all of you Nexus 6 owners...utilize the profiles mane. I have a work and home profile that are set to automatically switch when connected to wifi networks at the office/crib. You don't have to worry about turning ringer vol back on, and you can override stuff like bluetooth/location. Helps with battery life, which isn't so bad after using pixel saver.

I was wonderin why im at like 2 hours sot with 58 percent left

so did HTC not announce the M9 at CES? i was trying to follow as best I could and didnt see any unveiling of it at CES. really trying to hold out for info/pics of it. If it all looks good I wanna cop if they March rumored RD is true. if not ill get the note 4 now with my upgrade
I think a lot of popular brands are holding out for MWC or are choosing to host their own unveiling events.

A friend of mine were looking for a way to stream a specific Arabic channel (MBC4), and I stumbled across XBMC (now called Kodi). I've seen it mentioned here before so I checked it out and damn, it is way to complicated to use. It took way to long to find addons and make them work. With Showbox, Popcorn Time and Modbro available, why would anyone use this? Also if anyone knows another TV streaming app like modbro it would be appreciated

Thanks for putting me on to popcorn time and mobdro :pimp:

By the way if anyone is interested in a chrome cast Best Buy has it for $30 and they will give you a $20 Google Play gift cards

Last edited:
A friend of mine were looking for a way to stream a specific Arabic channel (MBC4), and I stumbled across XBMC (now called Kodi). I've seen it mentioned here before so I checked it out and damn, it is way to complicated to use. It took way to long to find addons and make them work. With Showbox, Popcorn Time and Modbro available, why would anyone use this? Also if anyone knows another TV streaming app like modbro it would be appreciated
Brah it's simple as heck :rofl: if my girl has no problems using it then anyone in here should have 0.

Once you get it. There's no going back.. Pretty much anything I want to watch I can watch it. Including live ppv and everything else there is. Tv shows are on there the day of and usually no later than the day after in hd quality. I've used everything you mentioned except mobdro.. I'm sure it's solid tho. But Xbmc makes things easy and I have a chromebox I can transport anywhere and watch whatever I want, wherever I want.

Last edited:
How long does it last? Gonna pick one up

I think the 31st is when the promotion ends

Brah it's simple as heck :rofl: if my girl has no problems using it then anyone in here should have 0.

Once you get it. There's no going back.. Pretty much anything I want to watch I can watch it. Including live ppv and everything else there is. Tv shows are on there the day of and usually no later than the day after in hd quality. I've used everything you mentioned except mobdro.. I'm sure it's solid tho. But Xbmc makes things easy and I have a chromebox I can transport anywhere and watch whatever I want, wherever I want.

I ran out of patience trying to set it up :lol:

Went and got my iphone fixed. Took dude about 15 minutes. I'd def go back to him for my other broken tech smh

Sure gonna miss that Sprint Spark network that my N5 took full advantage of

Just dropped my OnePlus One. :frown: :frown: :frown:

It's done for. I can't even login after pressing the power button. :smh:

Damn if an NTer breaks another phone :lol:

I'm sorry though fam. Hopefully your funds are good right now and you can get another phone. If not, I'm sorry :[

Yeah, I can buy a phone rather easily. But damn, this hurts. I was really happy with my OPO.

I really just hate the idea of spending more money on a phone after I spent $400 on this one. Ugh. :smh:

Not after hearing all the battery issues.

Might get a new OPO because the value was/is so good or maybe the M8? I don't know. I'm still in shock. :smh:

I had xbmc over the summer but there wasn't support for chromecast. Have they recently added it?

Nah I got an actual box.. Peep the cable cutters thread. Or Google Asus chromebox openelec and you're good. I hardly watch movies on my phone I need to be on my couch or bed for that.

PMatic I know those feels brother. Dropped my OPO getting out of the car :smh:. Wasn't even hard and I've dropped it a **** load in the house. But that concrete got it.. Thought it was cool too cause I didn't notice it right away.. The top half of the screen of mine works but the most important bottom half does not.

Last edited:
I had it coming to me. I've dropped it a few times lately, but no damage. The asphalt got it today though.

Can anybody send me a site that teaches you how to set up your xbmc box? My bro in law got me one for Christmas but he hasn't shown me how to fix it everytime it goes down. I don't feel like driving over there through the snow tonight so I wanna try to fix it tonight. Any help pls and Thnx. It's an android box too.

That cement.

Wood floors will get it sometimes too

That feeling when you drop it on cement and it doesn't bounce but lands face down and sticks instead? :lol: :smh: doesn't even slide or nothing you minus whale just leave it there homie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom