• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Flash did you flash slimkat? I'm going through thread seems like a more stable build is about to drop.. My body is ready :pimp:

Yea I'm running it now... I put Faux Kernel as well... I'll let it run for a few more hours before I give any feedback :lol:

Carver, did you ever try the faux kernal? If so, how is it in comparison to the franco one?
Nah I haven't been just using Francos today.. may try it Monday or Tuesday

I'm still waiting on PA.. this was posted on the G+ when the N5 first dropped surprised it's taken them this long.. but then again they are building it from scratch

4.4 PA is in the making. the whole team has bought n5's. check here for updates regarding a first release. (-:

Posted today

Status Update  

It's been roughly one week since we released our first AOSP builds for KitKat, giving you a taste of Google's latest.  

First - Please don't (or rather don't continue to) ask for estimated release times.    

We know you're anxious to get more than just the stock Google experience and we are working on it. As you know, we aren't simply merging this update with our current code base. Instead, we are starting over with a pure AOSP base and incrementally adding custom functionality. Some things need some thought though, like how do we capitalize on the new "Immersive" functionality when considering "Expanded Desktop Mode". 
The ROM should feel as close to stock as possible and be relatively simple to use without digging through hundreds of settings. Most things should feel familiar to previous builds, but there will be some changes (hopefully making things easier for you).  
When we have something, we'll release.  

Note: 
PA has always been and will continue to be focused on development for nexus devices. What this means is we cannot promise support for non-nexus (referred to as legacy) devices. Current "legacy" devices should continue to be supported and more may be added but this is not solely dependent on us. This depends completely on the development community out there.  

Last edited:
Fontaine how much you selling dat White N5 for 
nerd.gif

Fontaine how much you selling dat White N5 for 
nerd.gif
same price I bought it from the store for...

Not trying to profit of NTers...
Interesting interesting.. may be interested but if someone else on here wants it give it to them..

Lady looking for a new phone, not sure whether I should buy her the N5, although pretty noob friendly, you know how women are and their cameras I don't think she'll like the cam too much.. I thought about buying the Verizon G2 since it's unlocked. Only HSPA will work and not LTE though

Ended the night at just under 15 hours unplugged and 4 hours on screen with 17% remaining. I can't complain about battery life it gets me through my day.. If I can finish my day with 1% or 31% remaining it don't matter to me :pimp:

Updated to kangs V1.1 pretty much same except updated SU, supposed performance boost, and extended reboot option
pimp.gif
tired of turning off my phone then holding volume up and down to get into recovery or bootloader

Updated to kangs V1.1 pretty much same except updated SU, supposed performance boost, and extended reboot option :pimp: tired of turning off my phone then holding volume up and down to get into recovery or bootloader
I just flashed this too with the franco kernal. I really wish it has the expandable volume too.

Updated to kangs V1.1 pretty much same except updated SU, supposed performance boost, and extended reboot option
pimp.gif
tired of turning off my phone then holding volume up and down to get into recovery or bootloader
I just flashed this too with the franco kernal. I really wish it has the expandable volume too.
should ask for it in the thread.. maybe he'll add it.

sidenote is viper4android working on the N5? haven't really looked in to it

May try that Cataclysm rom next.. it's got a lot of nice little mods and people are saying it's pretty stable. Might give it a shot tonight

:lol: go for it.. Bought another one from one of my brothers homies.. Gonna pick it up tomorrow

The one still one of my favorite phones ever.. Beautiful design, great speakers.. And the development section was poppin. They're similar devices, the Nexus is slightly more update internally but the one is no slouch. The one thing about the Nexus though is you don't get ports. Roms are made for your phone and ported over to other devices, sometimes not ever :pimp: but the one section isn't lacking much action

always thought the one would be better with stock android controls, not those 2 dedicated capacitive buttons, i think those are stupid. that and a clean stock build of 4.3/4.4 which is just a matter of what rom u want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom