Wanna Be Rappers Plaguing My City FML When A Dream Becomes A Dream?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Keep doing your thing Rilla 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im a sucker. ill give almost anyone 5 bucks for their cd. its like pulling a slot machine to me. most of the time, i lose
laugh.gif

im a sucker. ill give almost anyone 5 bucks for their cd. its like pulling a slot machine to me. most of the time, i lose
laugh.gif

Enh, I could say a lot but I think Guru said it best.

"If you ain't got it, you ain't got it m____r"

Safe to say that 90% of these cats don't have it
laugh.gif
At least not enough to have impact outside of their zip code. But if you're eating off your local hustle, that's good IMO.

Ultimately, it all depends on how each individual defines success.

Enh, I could say a lot but I think Guru said it best.

"If you ain't got it, you ain't got it m____r"

Safe to say that 90% of these cats don't have it
laugh.gif
At least not enough to have impact outside of their zip code. But if you're eating off your local hustle, that's good IMO.

Ultimately, it all depends on how each individual defines success.

I got friends trying to do the same....I honestly dont have the heart to tell them how much they blow, cause they honestly believe this is what they're meant to be doing with their life. Out of the THOUSANDS of mc's in EACH major city, there's probably a handful worth 1 minute of anyone's time. The odds that you fall into that category are slim to none, but if you do, more power to you. I support good talent when I hear it, but that isnt very often. The rapper market is probably the most saturated genre in music, from what I see. 

I got friends trying to do the same....I honestly dont have the heart to tell them how much they blow, cause they honestly believe this is what they're meant to be doing with their life. Out of the THOUSANDS of mc's in EACH major city, there's probably a handful worth 1 minute of anyone's time. The odds that you fall into that category are slim to none, but if you do, more power to you. I support good talent when I hear it, but that isnt very often. The rapper market is probably the most saturated genre in music, from what I see. 

being realistic is the easiest road to mediocrity, i refuse to let "life" happen and live a 9-5...Let dreamers be dreamers, no need to feel like your better then dreamers cause youre "realistic"

being realistic is the easiest road to mediocrity, i refuse to let "life" happen and live a 9-5...Let dreamers be dreamers, no need to feel like your better then dreamers cause youre "realistic"

my question is why would you even wanna be signed? if i ever pursued rap music you think i would give a #%+! about being on a label? 
laugh.gif

my first goal would just to be nice.....

that "i wanna beg someone for a record deal" days is over.....kanye only sold 500K....flippin kanye west.

you better LOVE touring if you wanna be a rapper, cuz thats where ALL your revenue is going to be generated.

my question is why would you even wanna be signed? if i ever pursued rap music you think i would give a #%+! about being on a label? 
laugh.gif

that "i wanna beg someone for a record deal" days is over.....kanye only sold 500K....flippin kanye west.

you better LOVE touring if you wanna be a rapper, cuz thats where ALL your revenue is going to be generated.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

hmmmmmm.

*thinks about this comment, thinks about the Wiz thread...*

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

hmmmmmm.

*thinks about this comment, thinks about the Wiz thread...*

LOL at ya'll settling. If you're creative express it. You can use a career to find a dream and vice versa. Don't limit your life with americanized standards, think artistically and keep a free mind. 

LOL at ya'll settling. If you're creative express it. You can use a career to find a dream and vice versa. Don't limit your life with americanized standards, think artistically and keep a free mind. 

Back
Top Bottom