WAR for the PLANET of the APES (07/14/17) - OUT NOW

Early reviews are positive, but I'm skeptical. First one was great for me, but was disappointed by the second. The second film was very predictable.

Last edited:
Early reviews are positive, but I'm skeptical. First one was great for me, but was disappointed by the second. The second film was very predictable.

I loved both. Both completely different films. 1st had better story telling. Second had way better special effects and action. I can watch either any day of the week

Steven Weintraub [emoji]10004[/emoji] @colliderfrosty

War For the Planet of the Apes is jawdropping. Astounding work from everyone involved. Easily of the years best films.

Brandon Davis [emoji]10004[/emoji] @BrandonDavisBD

I just spent over two hours purely admiring a brilliant movie. War for the Planet of the Apes is incredible.

mike avila [emoji]10004[/emoji] @mikeavila

Great Caesar's ghost! War for the Planet of the Apes is sensational. #warfortheplanet @apesmovies

Dan Casey [emoji]10004[/emoji] @DanCasey

Wow, War for the Planet of the Apes was fantastic! Unexpectedly emotional, amazing score, and beautifully shot. Definitely go see it.

Nigel M. Smith [emoji]10004[/emoji] @nigelmfs

#WarOfThePlanetOfTheApes is the bleakest summer blockbuster I can recall. Suicide, torture, whipping, crying monkeys. It's unrelenting.

Nigel M. Smith [emoji]10004[/emoji] @nigelmfs

Saw #WarOfThePlanetOfTheApes - that upcoming Batman movie is gonna look AMAZING.

95% on RT

The Daily Telegraph:
Reeves marshals more than his fair share of battle scenes and sweeping set-pieces, but never forgets the flicker of a face can provide all the spectacle that cinema requires.

USA Today:
War bogs down during a major sequence where Caesar is captured and his squad orchestrates a massive ape breakout, but turns it around before the end when both men and apes have to deal with their own survival-of-the-fittest situations. The satisfying and heart-wrenching climax is a last reminder that Caesar’s new adventure is one of this summer’s best.

Nerdist:
War for the Planet of the Apes is the contemplative final chapter in the saga of primates with burgeoning hyper-intelligence. To Reeves’ credit, he doesn’t try to outdo the end battle sequence from Dawn, instead using the bigger action moments to reflect the central themes, that of two leaders contending with hate, fear, regret, mercy, suffering, and hopefully salvation. You might think you know where the finale is heading, but you definitely don’t know how it’s going to get there.

The Wrap:

Like its two predecessors, it has its flaws - and each entry has had unique ones - but overall, this is a trilogy that will stand as an example of how to remake and reimagine familiar material in a way that respects the original while also enhancing it.

The Film Stage:
Much of the two-plus hours finds Reeves feigning character development with drawn-out close-ups that register as little more than an ostentatious showcase for the peerless visual effects.

got my ticket ready for July 13 screening of the movie 
smokin.gif
 been waiting for this for 2 years and rewatched the first 2 movies. why does the trailer say that it comes out july 27 though?

JoBlo probably picked up the international trailer since it says in "cinemas", in the US it usually says in "theaters".

Repped for the Atom offer. I want to use it but I don't know when I'll exactly get to the theater.

Last edited:
T-Mobile Tuesday has the $4 promo active...
I think the past two movies have been dope, I expect nothing less for this one.

Been waiting 3 days to talk this movie with you guys.

2>1>3

Not saying 3 wasn't a good film but it didn't reach me nearly as much as the first two.

I am planning to watch this a second time, main thing I will be looking out for is the score.

2>3>>1 would be my ranking.

Back
Top Bottom