Warning to My NT Family ... (Movie Related)

I watch a lot of movies and most are hit or miss, with only about 10 really GOOD movies per year that I would watch a second time ... With that being said,last night I watched a movie that was seriously disturbing ... disturbing enough for me to make a thread about it ...

I am a big Rosario Dawson fan for more than acting reasons ya dig, so when I saw on the daily scene site that a NC-17 rated movie was out starring her, I wason it ... I read the reviews and they talked about rosario playing the role of a college student who gets raped and whose life goes into a downward spiralafter that ... worth a viewing IMO ... so i begin to watch and everything is going great, kind of slow, but its sort of an indie film so im like ehhhhh ...and then, BLAM! ... Probably the grossest thing ive ever seen in my life ... worse than pulp fiction, mysterious skin, american history X etc..... Honest togod its the worst of all time ever ... STAY AWAY FROM THE MOVIE "DESCENT" coming to america soon

Cliff Notes
1. I watch a lot of movies
2. I like rosario Dawson
3. Watched her in a movie called "Descent"
4. Don't watch the movie because its Sick

jeesh...i just read about it on wiki and theres alotta raping going on in that movie....

EDIT:
i was using the word read in past tense

if you know anything about the movies i referenced, then you should have some idea of what im talking about ... its like a certain scene in them movies x 1billion

Fresh... its not like that brah man, just the simple plot of it seemed like it would be good considering Rosario playing a junkie in Rent so well ...

Strong... I never jump to wikipedia to research things, went to imdb first and just ran with it, but maybe i should change that

I know what your talking about in American History X, but how could it be that bad?

Wow you said Mysterious Skin, I felt like I was the only one whos seen that, everyone else is
grin.gif
? when I've mentioned it.

American History X doesn't have any scene that is out of the norm.

what's so bad about this movie you just watched?? is it the raping and what not?

i was in the same boat...saw NC17, rape and Rosario Dawson and i was thinkin
pimp.gif

read up on it, evedentally its not NC17 cause of rosario gettin nude, its some dude gettin raped
smh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

spoiler below

she gets revenge on the guy that rapes her by getting a guy to rape the rapist. was kind of graphic. i scanned through it and movie looks lame.

lolol I knew I would peak peoples interests ... its like rotten.com, you dont want to look at it, but you are curious to see how bad it really is ... all iwill say is there is a certain rape scene that just isnt right ... like i can stomach things and nothing really shocks me but my jaw dropped on this one

edit... what kevin2nd said, but seriously words dont do it justice

i'll heed your warning homie. i haven't been able to watch American History X since the first time i saw it, and Mysterious Skin sounds sick enough initself.

^^^ dont NOT watch those two movies just because of this, those movies are GOOD movies forreal forreal, but this movie is just not even good enough to have ascene like it does
So what rape scenes are "right" in your mind?
ones that are tasteful enough and you still get the point their trying to make
Do we get to see some Rosario breatisisisisis in it?
biggest let down of my january 27th

American History X doesn't have any scene that is out of the norm.

...........except for the part when he is in the shower and his aryan brother comes up behind him, and lifts him off his feet with one stroke
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i'll heed your warning homie. i haven't been able to watch American History X since the first time i saw it, and Mysterious Skin sounds sick enough in itself.

Part of my old review for Mysterious Skin

"'Mysterious Skin' is exceptionally made.
The acting is excellent overall, and the story truly makes you feel what the two lead characters go through.

A main theme in the film is 'child molestation' and I have thankfully never been a victim of this BUT I found it very easy to empathize with thesituations portrayed.

Some scenes are quite difficult to watch and echo in your memory long after the film is over.

The contrast of reality versus the "alien abduction" was superb.

I ask anyone who is a fan of movies that are different from the norm and make you think, to truly give this a try."

Back
Top Bottom