Was this racist?

Eh, yes and no. I'd say it was because you drew his ethnicity into it. I'd say no because its a fact he's Chinese, and that the vendors areChinese. So take it however you want. I'd say its more of a Korean vs Chinese thing
grin.gif

This is coming from someone who's of Korean descent.

racist. why did he you have to bring up being chinese with people selling fakes.
so you are sayin all Chinese people sell fake products? btw in reality we are all racist
at times

You are totally right as a customer. I understand how you are frustrated, and he probably is like those street vendors that sell fake stuff. But what makesthem both bad is their same character, not their same race. I would be frustrated too, if I was in your situation. The best thing you can do is take the highroad and try to get your money back with logic and reason within this particular situation, rather than alluding to other experiences. Good luck my friend.

I'm Chinese therefore, I sell fake low quality products. And you are korean and you make poor quality cars that are knockoffs of Japanese counterparts???

laugh.gif
cmon man what you said was ignorant but I do understand. Sometimes when you are heated you say things in order to either make yourself feel better bymaking the other individual feel regretful, sorry, and or hurt

My comp runs slow (it only has 256 mb of ram) how do i go about purchasin the right amount of ram and the right kind? any help?

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Yeah, that was racist. You classified those individuals on Canal St. as "your Chinese bretheren" when its just those individual who happen to be Chinese. That seller is a scumbag, but it has nothing to do with his race. Imagine if you said "you're no different than your black/white/latino brethren." You bringing up race pretty much voided all of your valid and rational points and now that guy has your racist email as record if you were to bring up emails as records to ebay. There was no reason for you to bring up race.
I totally get your point, but it's no secret that the Chinese street-vendors in the city sell fake/low-quality merchandise. It's a known fact.
You are correct, but its just those individuals. you can't classify THE WHOLE RACE based on what they do. You also said "brethren" like they are all brothers and all act the same, and they are linked by the same DNA and its in their blood to scheme and swindle. I know I am making a bit of a reach, but so is generalizing the whole population based on what a small group does.

co sign

Originally Posted by ShoesBcRack

so you are sayin all Chinese people sell fake products?
That's exactly what i'm NOT saying. I said he's just like the Chinese merchants the SELL fake products.

Sometimes when you are heated you say things in order to either make yourself feel better by making the other individual feel regretful, sorry, and or hurt

Actually, I was cognizant of what I was saying. I honestly don't see him as any different as the Chinese vendors who sell fakes/low-quality items. That wasmy basic point, and I thought it was clear. I guess I should've worded it differently. Or maybe I shouldn't have said it at all.

The best thing you can do is take the high road and try to get your money back with logic and reason

I tried, but he didn't budge. I knew he wasn't going to give me my money, so I said what was on my mind. Honestly, this is the LAST thing I wanted. Theseller just made ZERO attempts to satisfy a customer.

Actually, Koreans hate Japanese and Chinese hate Japanese.

Generally speaking, yes. But I personally don't hate or harbor negative feelings towards Japanese or Chinese people (although I do resent Ichiro for hiscomments during the WBC). My current squeeze is part-Japanese, and I know some Chinese people who are very prominent members of society (doctors, pharmacists,lawyers, ex-CIA agents, diplomats, etc.). I have all the respect for them and I admire their discipline and determination, and the Japanese are cool peoples.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at u buying ram on ebay

For real. I should've listened to Mangudai and Nickthestick's advice.

Racist, you say that he is no different than the chinese that sell fakes on canal street. I'm sure other races sell fakes as well you know
laugh.gif

You deserved your refund for sure.

However in the context of this topic, the fact that you emphasized his ethnicity (regardless of his shady business dealings, or any relative dealings ingeneral) in the process makes it racist.

It's like if I were to get jipped by a Korean person of descent with a copy of Starcraft 2, I would say something nefarious like, "You're simplylike every snobbish, Hyundai crap driving Korean seller out there."

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I say "You're no different from your Chinese brethren who sell counterfeit merchandise on Canal St." because his merchandise and attitude are utterly despicable.
I'm sorry but...
roll.gif

yes - everything and anything can be made racist these days. so if what you said offends someone, it is potentially racist. people are sensitive (overlysensitive) when it comes to race.

Originally Posted by DUB 253

Seconded, why you generalize people like that. Having read your 'cliffnotes', thats like me saying you're as argumentative & difficult as theaverage dog eating mofo in Incheon, I would never say that because its wrong....
grin.gif

Oh and btw that's racist don't let anyone tell you otherwise, when you generalize a certain race to something bad, its racist, and not only that yousaid a specific "race" to degrade, its a racist remark

and just because it was a certain predicament or situation that the seller made doesn't make it okay to say a racist remark justifiably, its still a remarkof racism

Back
Top Bottom