Was watching some old Barry Sanders Clips And..

I feel like this man has to be in the discussion about being the G.O.A.T. at his position..he'd make dudes straight up look foolish
smokin.gif

Dudes just don't even know.

He may not be the unanimous pick GOAT at the position, but he's my personal pick for GRBOAT.

It's a freaking SHAME the Lions basically took the attitude 'We'll go as far as you take us, Barry. You're awesome, and we don't need morethan one elite player. Get us a championship!
smile.gif
Or at least get us to the playoffs.
nerd.gif
Maybe a winning season? You're good enough to do that by yourself,right? Right.'

smh.gif

If he would have been on a team that employed players on the same level as Irvin, Aikman, Novacek, Moose, etc.... instead of being on a team where the onlyother player people could readily name was Herman Moore... ugh... I hate thinking about that.

The Lions front office deserves to have that winless season under their belt.

Barry Sanders accomplished what he did with half the offensive line as most all time greats. If Sanders and Emmitt switched places their whole careers, I dontthink there would be a single football fan in the world that wouldnt say he was the GOAT. Hes pretty close to the top of the list anyways, while playing withtrash blocking for him his whole career.

Sanders, Jackson, Simpson...

all personal favorite RB's, but Sanders is by far the most exciting.

I feel like this man has to be in the discussion about being the G.O.A.T. at his position..he'd make dudes straight up look foolish

right... because no one ever includes Barry Sanders in the GOAT discussion

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

He may not be the unanimous pick GOAT at the position, but he's my personal pick for GRBOAT.

It's a freaking SHAME the Lions basically took the attitude 'We'll go as far as you take us, Barry. You're awesome, and we don't need more than one elite player. Get us a championship!
smile.gif
nerd.gif
Maybe a winning season? You're good enough to do that by yourself, right? Right.'

smh.gif

If he would have been on a team that employed players on the same level as Irvin, Aikman, Novacek, Moose, etc.... instead of being on a team where the only other player people could readily name was Herman Moore... ugh... I hate thinking about that.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about it. Emmitt Smith was a great running back, but put him on the Lions and his numbers wouldn't even beclose to Barry's.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

It's a freaking SHAME the Lions basically took the attitude 'We'll go as far as you take us, Barry. You're awesome, and we don't need more than one elite player. Get us a championship!
smile.gif
nerd.gif
Maybe a winning season? You're good enough to do that by yourself, right? Right.'

smh.gif

If he would have been on a team that employed players on the same level as Irvin, Aikman, Novacek, Moose, etc.... instead of being on a team where the only other player people could readily name was Herman Moore... ugh... I hate thinking about that.

Completely agree 100%

smile.gif
nerd.gif

thats probably how it played out during the latter part of his career, but those Lions teams for most of the 90's were solid. Only thing they were missing was a legit QB, and they tried (and tried and tried). Being from The D, aint nothing you gottatell me about that team's bad management/ownership, but you cant say they aint try to put talent around him. And that was before the NFL really had parity,so you had the 3-4 elite teams at the top, and everybody else had to get in where they fit. The Lions could just never make that jump that everybody expectedat the time....The last quote is true, but not b/c of the Barry era....

pay homage to the Rakim to Barry's Nas tho....

My personal favorite RB of all time and probably the most exciting offensive player ever. I haven't liked pro football as much since he retired.

Ok after watching I don't think I gave enough 'props'. Simply unbelievable, we'll never see someone like that again. And the ball hand to theref, so cool, so smooth, like "nah no need to showboat, that wasn't hard and I'll do it again"

laugh.gif
@ him hurtin the vikings feelings.

pimp.gif
i use to ONLY use Sanders back in the day on that Bill Walsh College football game i had on Sega Genesis
pimp.gif

dmxfury:
And the ball hand to the ref, so cool, so smooth, like "nah no need to showboat, that wasn't hard and I'll do it again"
THIS... was actually my favorite thing about him. The attitude (or lack thereof). Find a clip of Barry showboating, getting in an opponent'sface, talking trash, whining about not getting the ball, throwing a crybaby temper tantrum, or ANYTHING along those lines.

Saying dude did it with class would be like saying the sun is kind of warm.

Damn damn damn.....what could have been. Why did he have to play for the lions.

With his yards........dont they count all the yards he lost also???

How about we take all the yards lost over 5 and see how many yards he WOULD have........Can that be done??

Barry isnt the best.

Emmitt smith is by far the best RB from the chips to the tuffness he had it all.

I can't think Barry as the best due to the fact he hasn't won a ring, but he is definitely up there. My top 5 goes something like this:

1) Jim Brown
2) Walter Payton
3) Barry Sanders
4) Emmitt Smith
5) Marshall Faulk

Back
Top Bottom