Washington Wizards 2012-2013 Season Thread - Thanks for a great year!

Will the Washington Wizards make the playoffs this year?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once its obvious wall is having a bad shooting night you can expect defenders to be sagging like 5 feet off forcing him to shoot leading to alot of those 1-9 nights

From what I've been reading, just about everyone mailed it in during the game in Brazil.

Also, anyone hear that Nene was sobbing after the game due to the awful reception he got from the Brazilian fans?

Once its obvious wall is having a bad shooting night you can expect defenders to be sagging like 5 feet off forcing him to shoot leading to alot of those 1-9 nights
Rondo and Tony Parker had the same knock in the first few seasons.  And that's where a good offensive system is so critical.  Sagging off on Rondo, when the Celtics were at their peak, was like giving a great quarterback unlimited time in the pocket.  That space granted him an unobstructed view of the entire floor.  Wall has shown some great vision and passing skill in the open floor.  An offense that better utilizes his precision passing AND makes use of his speed off the ball as a cutter would certainly be preferable to this sort of playcall mishmash they're running now.  Every other trip up the floor results in some disjointed, broken play leading to a bad shot.  

I think it's unfair to expect or force Wall to be our first option on offense.  He's not Kyrie Irving.  At the same time, adding John Wall to a great roster does more for your team than adding Kyrie Irving to a great roster.  

Shooting aside, he's already the answer to a lot of teams' prayers - just as long as they aren't praying for a messiah.  
And he did it in three quarters.  At the same time: preseason cuts both ways.  If we're going to sit here and say, "don't worry, it's just preseason" to excuse poor play, we have to extend the same qualification when players perform exceptionally well. 

I'll admit it:  Beal's improvement was a pleasant surprise for me last season.  After his first month of regular season games, I'd just about written him off as the latest inductee into the Wizards/Bullets lottery bust society.  Though I have no patience left for Jan (that ship set sail long ago, and should arrive in Europe by 2015), Beal's promise gives me hope that Otto will come into his own later this season.  

Player development on the Wizards.  Who would've thunk it? 

Amazing game for Beal. Like meth said though, it's just preseason. Beal being able to perform like that will be extremely pivotal for this year's success

Really the best part of that Game for Beal was that he didnt break the offense, hes def not gonna be this efficient on a nightly basis but he should be getting great shot attempts easy

Rondo and Tony Parker had the same knock in the first few seasons.  And that's where a good offensive system is so critical.  Sagging off on Rondo, when the Celtics were at their peak, was like giving a great quarterback unlimited time in the pocket.  That space granted him an unobstructed view of the entire floor.  Wall has shown some great vision and passing skill in the open floor.  An offense that better utilizes his precision passing AND makes use of his speed off the ball as a cutter would certainly be preferable to this sort of playcall mishmash they're running now.  Every other trip up the floor results in some disjointed, broken play leading to a bad shot.  

I think it's unfair to expect or force Wall to be our first option on offense.  He's not Kyrie Irving.  At the same time, adding John Wall to a great roster does more for your team than adding Kyrie Irving to a great roster.  

Shooting aside, he's already the answer to a lot of teams' prayers - just as long as they aren't praying for a messiah.  

And he did it in three quarters.  At the same time: preseason cuts both ways.  If we're going to sit here and say, "don't worry, it's just preseason" to excuse poor play, we have to extend the same qualification when players perform exceptionally well. 

I'll admit it:  Beal's improvement was a pleasant surprise for me last season.  After his first month of regular season games, I'd just about written him off as the latest inductee into the Wizards/Bullets lottery bust society.  Though I have no patience left for Jan (that ship set sail long ago, and should arrive in Europe by 2015), Beal's promise gives me hope that Otto will come into his own later this season.  

Player development on the Wizards.  Who would've thunk it? 

Meth - I love Wittman's quote on Beal "A year ago, he was scared ********." I think we all saw it. This is a different guy who now knows what to expect and what to bring on any given night. Honestly, Beal averaging anything less than 18ppg on 45% shooting will be a disappointment. Still crazy as to how young he is.

I just hope that the FO realizes how thin the team is up front and makes a move to bolster the roster. Jan, obviously, ain't it. Seraphin is too up/down to count on. I hope the team does it's due diligence and tries to figure out a way to bring in either Asik or Gortat.

Anyone else catch this?  http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...agues-and-Governing-Bodies/NBA-streaming.aspx
The NBA is poised to become the first major U.S.-based sports league to allow its games to be streamed live locally. The league is finalizing TV Everywhere deals with Fox Sports Media Group and NBC Sports Group, the country’s two biggest owners of regional sports networks. Other RSNs, such as Root Sports, MSG, Time Warner Cable Sports, and Altitude Sports and Entertainment, are expected to offer live in-market streaming later this season. The agreements break a six-year logjam that prevented viewers from watching their hometown teams on their computers or handsets locally. The frustrating negotiations also caused industry executives to question the viability of such a service, even as national TV channels were profiting from their own streaming services.
CSN's occasional coverage of the Wizards' preseason had me thinking recently about how it's easier to be a Wizards fan in Sweden than it is in DC, thanks to League Pass.  

Thank goodness it'll finally be possible to stream Wizards games from anywhere once this goes into effect without fear of local media blackouts.  

Now "NBC Sports Network" just needs to open all their broadcasts with this and we're good:

Praise the Lord for league pass but the mobile version is doo doo

Since the season is opening soon can anyone tell me who for sure is missing the opener cause of injuries?

Well I'm a little different. I dont think the talent is there. I believe that  our talent is overrated outside of Wall and Beal. 

I meant his own talent. I agree there isn't all that much to be excited about outside those two on paper. I imagine it's going to be especially frustrating watching Nene.

Beal's last few games :pimp:

Long may it continue.

Last edited:
Beal is so young so it makes sense that he was scared a little last year and got more confident once he realized he could play with these guys.

Glen Rice Jr is looking to be a very nice addition. I hope otto pans out at least to a tayshawn prince type. As a wizards (and washington football team fan) i have learned to set my expectations low

I REMEMBER GOIN TO THE WIZ VS BULLS GAME LAST YEAR AND SOME WILD FAN WAS YELLIN AT RANDY ALL NIGHT :rofl: I KNOW RANDOM BUT ANYWAY GO WIZ HOPEFULLY WE CAN PUT SOMETHIN TOGETHER THIS SEASON :smokin

4. Washington Will Trade for a Big Man in the Next Month — If Emeka Okafor's Prognosis Is Bad

General manager Ernie Grunfeld is in the last year of his contract, and owner Ted Leonsis, not the shy sort, has made it clear he expects the Wiz to make the playoffs. Washington was over .500 last season when Bradley Beal and John Wall were both available, and lineups featuring combinations of its core six or seven guys generally did quite well. But Okafor was one of those core guys, and the gap between Okafor and his backups — Kevin Seraphin and Jan Vesely — is a freaking chasm. Al Harrington can soak up some minutes as a small-ball power forward, a role he played brilliantly for Denver two seasons ago, but he's aging and coming off major knee issues.

The Wiz need a big man, unless they get good news soon on Okafor. Alternatively, if Okafor is healthy, Washington could continue its history of flipping mega-expiring contracts (and the cap space they promise) into players on longer-term deals; that's how it got Okafor. Stay tuned either way on the Wiz. Speaking of which …

Link

Expecting a breakout, all-star season from John Wall

#21. in ESPN.com's 2013 NBA player rankings

best buy, beats by dr. dre commercial

Since ranking Kobe at 25 that ESPN list has lost all credibility to me

Its like MTVs top 10 rappers list, it has alot of exposure but the list is really crap

I wouldn't have Kobe in my top 10,but 25 is absolutely ridiculous. At worst I expect 24/4/5 from Kobe this year.

Yea thats what i mean

I just caught the highlights to the game i feel detroit always bust our butts, and that bum will bynum always does work against us man im tired if those guys

^I know right, I swear we haven't beaten Detroit since Arenas was here.

They are pretty clearly ahead of us in the East, and are likely a shoo-in for the 5-6 seed. Seraphin doing work against Drummond/Monroe in the 4th was good to see but he never seems to play that well consistently.

Beal is the only consistent player on the roster right now. Wall was trash once again, how did he finish with 0 assists? He literally does nothing other than make a few passes and brick jumper after jumper. No attacking the basket, no real p&r game, nothing. I know it's preseason and I am being pessimistic but dude better pull his head out of his *** ASAP. Webster should be starting at SF. Ariza should be traded. Maynor, just smh at his offensive game.

Right now I could easily see this team starting the season on another classic losing streak. With all the information available today to evaluate players, I don't understand how Grunfeld continues to trot out these rosters that are utterly devoid of talent. Detroit's backups and benchwarmers are better than a lot of the bums who play major minutes for us. We can't find 2nd round roleplayers like Jonas Jerebko? Kyle Singler?

Btw, Detroit did NOT extend Greg Monroe's contract. Obviously with Drummond on the rise and Smith getting major money, he'll be the odd one out. I can't wait until Porter plays and shows some value so we can include him in an offer to DET. Come on home, Greg. Come on home.

Lol honestly to let Monroe walk would be stupid, he is lowkey their best player, while drummond has the potential to be their best

If in anyway we can get Monroe im down trade anyone cept wall and beal

I really think Monroe will be in DC before the end of the year. His skill set is crazy and would be a good compliment to Nene.

I really think Monroe will be in DC before the end of the year. His skill set is crazy and would be a good compliment to Nene.

I like the sound of adding Greg Monroe to the team, but who do you suggest we move?

I wouldn't have Kobe in my top 10,but 25 is absolutely ridiculous. At worst I expect 24/4/5 from Kobe this year.
25 is pretty good considering he cant play right now. Now if he was healthy he is definitely top 10

Last edited:
There's absolutely no way the Wizards can net Monroe without giving up Beal.

Porter + Okafor or Ariza wouldn't cut it.

All i know...John Wall better not carry this ******** into the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom