Wasted A LOT of time in my life, What JOB prospects do I have ? PLEASE HELP

Im not acting like nothing, 95k is a hell of a safety net. Let's not sit here and act like that's not a substantial amount of money. I'm not saying "oh you got 95k, time to pull out the hammock, sit back and laugh at ****** while sipping lemonade", but with that sort of cushion, I wouldn't be considering looking for a job. I would use that money to invest in/pursue my dream, whatever that may be. Ppl with jobs/careers don't usually have 95k to stand on so he's already ahead of the pack.
exactly.

Dude is doing damb good with 95k.

You want to go to that mundane office life?

Shiiieeeddd...

Famb could get a solid online retail store...

Get those revenues up... And flip the company... Because someone WILL buy.

Or you could be a consultant to online retailers...

Also... No one is pretending he's set for life.

The reaches in here are :x

Exactly. Obviously he's not set for like but 95K on stash is enough to live for at least 2 years dolo.

OP you have the entrepreneurial spirit. Finesse 95 to more. If you can't, you should be at least able to finesse that into a decent sales job or something.

Use the 95k to buy a house in a metro area or college town. Turn every room into a rental. Stable income right there. Use that money towards a house in the burbs for you and your fam

Low risk and peace of mind. You invest in real estate. Don't start a restaurant or what ever dumb **** someone on here told you. You'll just be wasting your money as most restaurants go out of business quick

What have the people with 5k done to flourish? jw

2 people i knew from back in the day started landscaping businesses with around that amount. Investing in lawnmowers tools etc. Same thing goes with cleaning business but it think its a little bit more expensive for supplies. They were all doing it beforehand but to kick it off as their own business they needed the money.

People acting like 95K is 1M :lol: He can't survive off that forever. What fields are you interested in?

I would start there then use some of that money to pay for schooling.

Same thing i was thinking

You being older you should look for something that interests you, i understand you just want to start making cash no matter the field but loving what you do can go a long way

What? what bachelors will get you 50-55k? I would love to work for that company. Nowdays bachelors dont mean **** unless youre getting engineering/bio degree
Any engineering degree will probably land at least $50-55k starting.
B. you dumb or what?
A degree "meaning ****" and a degree earning $50-55k aren't necessarily the same thing. For example, I would argue a biology degree "means ****", but you cannot necessarily expect to earn a starting salary in the $50-55k range. Please be more clear in the future.

What? what bachelors will get you 50-55k? I would love to work for that company. Nowdays bachelors dont mean **** unless youre getting engineering/bio degree

B. you dumb or what?

A degree "meaning ****" and a degree earning $50-55k aren't necessarily the same thing. For example, I would argue a biology degree "means ****", but you cannot necessarily expect to earn a starting salary in the $50-55k range. Please be more clear in the future.

Please read in the future.

You quoted him and said any engineering degree will get you 50k when that's exactly what he said.

Admit you didn't read and move on

Trade school. Go learn how to plumb or weld and start your own business with some of that 95k

OP you strike me as a guy who would do well in IT.  Google some training materials for A+/Net+.. teach yourself. Put on your resume that you have been running your own business for 3+ years and use your friends as your "clients".  youll find an entry level tech job in no time.

Last edited:

B. you dumb or what?

Please read in the future.

You quoted him and said any engineering degree will get you 50k when that's exactly what he said.

Admit you didn't read and move on

Actually, I did read it and that's not what he said. He was incredulous towards the idea that a bachelors can earn $50-55k. I explained the rest in my last post.

bruh you have 95k saved? Why are you looking for a job? you can start your own business with 95k saved up and work for yourself.

Starbucks.
Benefits, tuition reimbursement, stocks.
I also went from barista to store manager in less than 3 years.

This guy doing better than me lol 95k saved.
I owe the govt in late fees so that put me buying a new whip on hold. I'm signing up for night classes as we speak can't tell you what don't need any competition lol. I also have a associates which isn't doing anything but collecting dust so I'm gonna finish up my ba
As for you if you don't mind no office try bar tending , flight attendant or even better try for a gov't or city Job

not idea on a career front but id maybe put a sizable portion of that $95k in some long term investment vehicle...index, mutual funds, ETF, something...I've heard vanguard is pretty good

thats a lot of liquidity, which is great but imo, its better than having it collect little to no interest in a savings account (if thats where it is)

Actually, I did read it and that's not what he said. He was incredulous towards the idea that a bachelors can earn $50-55k. I explained the rest in my last post.
lmao take your L and move on. what are you trying to prove? putting a big word in a sentence doesnt make you any more smarter :rofl:

Last edited:
lmao take your L and move on. what are you trying to prove? putting a big word in a sentence doesnt make you any more smarter :rofl:
What am I taking the L on? I answered your question and you took issue with that. The fact that you bring up using a "big word" tells me you have no point to make.

Back
Top Bottom