Wasted A LOT of time in my life, What JOB prospects do I have ? PLEASE HELP

Actually, I did read it and that's not what he said. He was incredulous towards the idea that a bachelors can earn $50-55k. I explained the rest in my last post.
lmao take your L and move on. what are you trying to prove? putting a big word in a sentence doesnt make you any more smarter :rofl:

I gave up

Takes too much energy to argue with fools
When you can figure out the difference between what is said and what is meant, you'll understand.

Look into U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Doesn't require a degree, starting salary is approx 35K depending on your location, in 4 years you'll be making 75k+ base plus OT. No prior law enforcement required, paid academy.

Unless you hate the cops and the feds.......

Look into U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Doesn't require a degree, starting salary is approx 35K depending on your location, in 4 years you'll be making 75k+ base plus OT. No prior law enforcement required, paid academy.

Unless you hate the cops and the feds.......

Damn this actually sounds interesting

Any engineering degree will probably land at least $50-55k starting.
I gave up

Takes too much energy to argue with fools
Exactly lol. L
What am I taking the L on? I answered your question and you took issue with that. The fact that you bring up using a "big word" tells me you have no point to make.
Are you friggin blind? I asked "What bachelor degree will make 50-55K UNLESS YOU GRADUATE WITH E.N.G.I.N.E.E.R.I.N.G DEGREE" do you get it now lil boy?

if you managed to save up 95k i dont think you wasted time OP

try and find a career path where you can use your previous experience and try to branch out from that

maybe you can run some sort of business since you basically ran one online

Last edited:
OP what does your g/f do? If you're looking to settle down and start a family her career path is going to affect your career path.

She works in the financial industry. 9-5 type job.

Waitwut - I only say I wasted time because although I have some money saved up, I don't really have a career. Selling stuff online though it can be great when items are moving, can be really tough and stressful. You never know how much you will sell in any given month. And like I said previously, everyone and their momma is trying to do it these days so the competition will drive prices down/harder to find buyers.

With a real job at least I will know what I will earn on a monthly basis, have weekends off etc. this way at least the stress is a lot less. And then on the side if I decide it's necessary I can continue to sell online as well part time.

If you want to get a regular schedule and a 9-5 type job I think you should take the 96k, invest in yourself, and go back to school for whatever you want to do . If you're feeling shook about staying in business for yourself that seems to be the obvious route.

If you're going to settle down with your girl and she is "the one" you can talk about her being backup support for you if you run into financial issues the next few years.

Last edited:
In the same boat as far as trying to find a career. I majored in History and law school didn't pan out so now I'm doing this freecodecamp.com 1000 hour challenge in HTML/CSS and JavaScript/JQuery. Hopefully this gives me the skills and experience to get in someone entry-level or even enough to secure some freelance jobs.

What am I taking the L on? I answered your question and you took issue with that. The fact that you bring up using a "big word" tells me you have no point to make.
Are you friggin blind? I asked "What bachelor degree will make 50-55K UNLESS YOU GRADUATE WITH E.N.G.I.N.E.E.R.I.N.G DEGREE" do you get it now lil boy?
That's not what you said. This is what you said:
What? what bachelors will get you 50-55k? I would love to work for that company. Nowdays bachelors dont mean **** unless youre getting engineering/bio degree
Are you indirectly acknowledging you're wrong by trying to change what you said after the fact? You could have just confirmed that what I originally said what was you meant. 

He said
"Nowdays bachelors dont mean **** unless youre getting engineering/bio degree"

You said
"Any engineering degree will probably land at least $50-55k starting."

What are you not seeing in his statement? He said what he meant so what are you talking about?

That's not what you said. This is what you said:

[thread="618476"] [/thread]
What? what bachelors will get you 50-55k? I would love to work for that company. Nowdays bachelors dont mean **** [COLOR=#red]unless youre getting engineering/bio degree[/COLOR]

Are you indirectly acknowledging you're wrong by trying to change what you said after the fact? You could have just confirmed that what I originally said what was you meant. 

Last edited:
dude wants a guaranteed wage to support a family without worrying about anything. dudes acting like 95k is 5 milly.

Thank you.

I'd look into real estate. Take whatever you can part with of that 95k and throw it at an investor who flips houses. See if you can get at least an 8% return on that every six months. Let that build up for a while and while it's building up follow that dude around. Watch what he does, how he makes his money. You'll learn the trade that way then you'll have a bunch more money after a year and you'll know the game. This isn't an ideal market for real estate that's passed but it definitely is there.

Do not get into the restaurant game. That takes years to learn and is slow money.

I'm getting my independent insurance broker license for more cash flow so I can invest in real estate in a few years. Maybe look into that too. You seem like you have the self made hustler attitude. You work your own hours and get back what you put into it. So if you sell a 1000 dollar policy you get about 40% commission. Not too bad if you sell a few a month. If you start insuring dump truck fleets you got it made. That's 800 dollar return per dump truck per year. All you have to do is save them money and they'll buy your insurance.

Whatever you do don't waste money on school. Hustle up more you got 95k you know how to make your own money. :pimp:

You won't be able to get a loan for a house so you'll have to work up more cash or have at least two years of provable income. So that leaves investors or stacking your own. Banks are for the birds anyways when it comes to this type of thing.

Last edited:
I def have that self made hustler mentality in me but if your trying to have a family sometimes you need to go the safe route. If I was still confident I could make money doing what I was doing then I would stick with it. But this isn't something that may work long term. And the older I get the harder it will get to get a job. Being a man and wanting a family, you gotta provide your gf/wife with that sense of security. If you cant even do that bare minimum as a man, then you won't be ready to settle down.

All these job suggestions are similar to my situation right now. No gaurantee of any income, I'm trying to get away from those types of jobs. Those jobs have limitless potential when it's commission based, but takes time to build up clientele. I guess at this point I will try to look into some data entry type positions at large corporations and try to get my foot in the door that way.

He said
"Nowdays bachelors dont mean **** unless youre getting engineering/bio degree"

You said
"Any engineering degree will probably land at least $50-55k starting."

What are you not seeing in his statement? He said what he meant so what are you talking about?
So, first he started the post asking, "What? what bachelors will get you 50-55k?" This would suggest that he is either a) unaware or b) does not believe that there are bachelors degrees that can help a person earn $50-55k annually.

Then, he said, "Nowdays bachelors dont mean **** unless youre getting engineering/bio degree". Based on his first question, it is unclear what is meant by "mean ****". I would say that a biology degree "means ****" because it can lead to professional degrees, but I don't know if you'll necessarily start out earning $50-55k with a bachelors in biology.

His post was ambiguous, and I decided to clarify. 

I got a kid to take care of too man. Multiple incomes allows you to take more risks. I don't know. I can't work for anyone anymore, but that's just me.

I feel ya. I'm just trying to find a secure source of income and then branch out from there. If no income is guaranteed every month, it's just too stressful and burdensome. Gotta have peace of mind that bills can and will be taken care of.

For sure, you have any bartender experience? Good money and you work like 6 hour shifts. So that's security and a lot of free time to focus on making more money on the side. You can also build one hell of a network. That means the world as an entrepreneur.

Nope, but that's just a temporary fix. I'm in my early 30s, just trying to get my foot into something secure and live that mundane life Monday to Friday. Then in my spare time I will do my other side ventures. trying to get into the white collar world

Yeah I don't know that's not my thing. I'm service industry and got sick of the crappy money I make cooking. Never worked anywhere but restaurants and machine shops.

You need some sort of formal training if you want a job with peace of mind that comes with a paycheck

Truth, I'm not even picky right now. I'm not looking for anything lucrative or a high position obviously. But I do think I have a skill set that can help a company out. I just need to be given a chance to prove it. I'm willing to start from the bottom,word to drake

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom