Watch The Throne II?

I honestly think they should go with a different title. The 1st WTT stands all on its own, it was major. Especially given Hov's track record with sequels, something other than a sequel would be better

I say it every time a WTT thread comes up, but Lift Off gets too much undeserved hate... song is :pimp: . If anything ****** in Paris is :x:x, that song was ******ed from day one

Also, if people could stop acting like they were dropping knowledge consistently on this album that'd be cool. It was 95% braggadocio

I wasn't a big fan of wtt. It was ok, a few bangers but littered with forgettables.
Who gon stop me, HAM (Jays verse validated the entire album, when he switched his flow :smh: ) and Paris were EASILY the standouts. Primetime, illest alive and gotta have it were solid fillers. Throw in made it in America for its substance alone, and I would've been satisfied with those songs alone.

What else is there for them to talk about?

Last edited:
"What else is there for them to talk about?"

how much MORE money they've made and the super lavish things they've spent it on :lol:

or maybe Kanye will tell us how hard it is to be married to a professional **** bucket and freak out on 130lb photographers

I felt WTT was good but could've been a lot better especially coming from those two
Some songs sounded a little rushed but I'm sure WTT2 will be good

It could never live up to the hype of those two making an album together but it was good for wha it was and has aged well

Some would disagree :lol:

http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2013/10/rap-albums-that-didnt-age-well#page/2

This thread already unfolded as expected. You will never get rational thought on this forum about these 2 artists in particular.

Their SXSW show is for Samsung. So maybe they release this album if it comes the same way Jay released his.

Last edited:
"This self-important ego trip of a record isn't what anyone would call "bad." But it's definitely not good and it's certainly not great. For a release from two of the industry's finest and an album title that claims royalty, it was a let-down that hasn't held up well. Okay, "Gotta Have It" still hits and "Otis" can slide by. But from Jay-Z's out-of-date references to Kanye's embarrassing pop culture nods, this mediocre record will be in dollar bins within a few years. Mary K & Ashley aren't even listening to it anymore."

Sounds pretty spot on to me.

:lol: :lol: At that list.

I just listened to WTT this morning on my way to work and some people in this thread are really tripping man. Funny that the aged poorly thing was mentioned, it was still fresh to me when I heard it.

The only out of date reference I can think at this moment of is "Planking on a million"

"This self-important ego trip of a record isn't what anyone would call "bad." But it's definitely not good and it's certainly not great. For a release from two of the industry's finest and an album title that claims royalty, it was a let-down that hasn't held up well. Okay, "Gotta Have It" still hits and "Otis" can slide by. But from Jay-Z's out-of-date references to Kanye's embarrassing pop culture nods, this mediocre record will be in dollar bins within a few years. Mary K & Ashley aren't even listening to it anymore."

Sounds pretty spot on to me.

Name one rapper that isn't on a "self important ego trip"

:lol: :lol: At that list.

I just listened to WTT this morning on my way to work and some people in this thread are really tripping man. Funny that the aged poorly thing was mentioned, it was still fresh to me when I heard it.

Why are you even pretending like you're capable of rational thought when it comes to anything Jay-Z though?

:lol:

I think the only mistake that list makes is that some of those albums were never "critically acclaimed". WTT included.

I'm not saying I agree with that entirely, but there's a difference between a rapper being on a self important ego-trip, and an album being on one.

This always go both ways, i'm not gonna argue whether the album is hot or not everyone has their own opinions this is a place where people will listen to Lil B and then tell you J cole sucks at rapping. everyone has their own opinion.

But i'm tired of statements like this album is 95% money talk

"No Church in the Wild"
"New Day"
"That's My *****"
"Welcome to the Jungle"
"Murder to Excellence"
"Made in America"
"Why I Love You"

None of those are "money talk" and that's over half the Album.... if people don't like the album didn't think the beats were fire, verses were trash etc etc... cool it's subjective but your absolutely lying if your saying the content on the album was all braggadocios and about money.

"The Joy" was the best track on the Throne. That album definitely pushed the genre forward with the build up and delivery. I loved that album. Part 2 has a lot of pressure and alot to live up to.

But Who Gon Stop Me was the best beat of 2011 and that was track 8 if I remember correctly.
if I'm not mistaken u have mentioned numerous times on here how you only listen to hip hop yet your favorite beat on watch the throne was a dub step song? 

But Who Gon Stop Me was the best beat of 2011 and that was track 8 if I remember correctly.
if I'm not mistaken u have mentioned numerous times on here how you only listen to hip hop yet your favorite beat on watch the throne was a dub step song? 
Yup. That song actually made me download the Flux Pavillion version and another song he made called Cracks. That beat is too dope to me.

Its not like incorpation of other genres doesnt happen in rap all the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom