WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

They told a great complete story and set the stage for Infinity War.

This movie is what Empire Strikes Back is to Star Wars :wink:
Pretty much but to me even then there's something to be said of the scale and the accomplishment Marvel and the Russo bros did here.

12 superheroes in the same movie was a real concern story wise and just trying to contemplate the space for them. Worked out real well (they even pulled off meaningful screen time for Sharon Carter in this). They got room to be a bit more creative when they have to make use of Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange for IW.

They told a great complete story and set the stage for Infinity War.

This movie is what Empire Strikes Back is to Star Wars :wink:

I see AOU and this as the empire strikes back of the MCU.. For some the not really happy endings bring it down a notch for some

A1 is like the original Star Wars, where the team won and everyone was happy

I think both this and AOU are better movies than a1... But a1 had the build up and also the happy end

Last edited:
I'm constantly having to argue with friends why AoU is better than A1. I keep giving multiple reasons and the only rebuttal I get from people is "seeing them for the first time is *adjective*". Seeing the Avengers for the first time, especially that circular camera scene is pure magic. Words can't describe what that meant to me as a long time Marvel comics fan and Avengers reader...

...but Vision and the Hulkbuster?? That's as comic book as it gets. Any sense of logic or "real world setting" got thrown out the window. Which is how we're here today, with the king of a technologically advanced African utopia who dresses in a black body suit with ears and a kid with the lamest 60's origin story of getting bit by a radioactive spider are added into this ensemble.

To those who have seen Civil War, has it made AoU a better film to you in hindsight?

Last edited:
Watching AOU again a couple times made me appreciate it more and more everytime

I think it will age well just like that.. I have slight nit picky issues, but I get it

Avengers was straight forward, happy.. Simple.. Good guys won without any serious casualties

Everything ended with hope of what was to come everyone buddy buddy

Last edited:
Got out a couple hours ago and it sucks I really don't have anybody to talk to about how dope this movie was. I just sent out a massive text to half my phone just saying "There's no way to prepare mentally for what you'll see in this movie" watch them all be disappointed now :lol:

But whatever, 9/8 on the nt movie scale, my personal favorite Marvel movie so far. So glad the Buckster "getting washed by everyone" was just a scare. Nothing to worry about for us Team Cap/Bucky fans.

Did we see the same movie cause....? Lol

It's about to get lit 
devil.gif

"Standing in the red corner, at 5"2, 170 pounds, stands around making toys all day, and not able to do a single pushup....Tony Stark!"

"Standing in the blue corner, at 6", 200 pounds, the most awesome hero in the MCU....the People's Champion...Steve Rogers!"

"Let's get ready to ruuuuuuumbleeeee"

Last edited:
O M G

This movie was amazing. Holy cow.

Marvel just raised the bar to galactic heights.

RIP to every comic book movie before this one.

It's about to get lit :evil:  

View media item 2020224

"Standing in the red corner, at 5"2, 170 pounds, stands around making toys all day, and not able to do a single pushup....Tony Stark!"

"Standing in the blue corner, at 6", 200 pounds, the most awesome hero in the MCU....the People's Champion...Steve Rogers!"

"Let's get ready to ruuuuuuumbleeeee"

You don't even know your own height and weight? In TWS it says "your" height and weight.

This movie is amazing. The storytelling and pacing are greatness.
Very easy to get lost in the world they created and care about the characters' conflicts.

I loved loved loved the displays of power from everyone. One thing I always hated about comic movies, ESPECIALLY the X-Men series for the most part, is that their powers were not shown to their fullest capacity. I think they did a good job showing what everyone can really do in this film. Especially Spidey, BP, Ant-Man and Vision.

There were also very few instances in the file where I thought "Who wrote this" or "That is unbelievable" Very good plot and story arc, with a few nice surprises along the way.

It also had at least 4 moments that gave me a good chuckle. Marvel has perfected comic relief in this one.

Lastly the action scenes in this movie were top notch and there was plenty of action to go around from beginning to end.

I have watched it a few times and it gets better every time. Cant wait to see it in IMAX 3D.

Best film in MCU IMO

Ill give a real review after seeing in the theatre but...

One thing I can say I didnt particularly like, was the fact that Tony gave spidey his new suit.

But that is what so ogreat about the film. There is VERY little to nitpick about

Hawkeye is the first thing everyone should nitpick I am sick of them giving this goof any screen time

Hawkeye is the first thing everyone should nitpick I am sick of them giving this goof any screen time
I didn't mind and even chuckled at his retirement schtick. It is true, dude could be easily replaced with a better female and/or hero of color with a more entertaining personality/interesting story.

Still hope he dies or they kill his family at some point :lol:

Whatever movie where Thanos kills Hawkeye will be the best MCU movie.

Anyway, that part where they just started watching the tape of tony's parents death, when Cap and bucky looks at Tony.. the music..maann gave me chills

Last edited:
I didn't mind and even chuckled at his retirement schtick. It is true, dude could be easily replaced with a better female and/or hero of color with a more entertaining personality/interesting story.

Still hope he dies or they kill his family at some point :lol:

In the comics you can make him a G but when you have real flesh and blood actors on the screen, the **** doesn't add up :lol:

When him and BW were playing paddy cake my girl prayed for IM and WM to shoot them both :rofl:

When for a sec T'Challa considered having one of his Dora Milaje fight Black Widow :rofl: :smokin

Last edited:
Got out a couple hours ago and it sucks I really don't have anybody to talk to about how dope this movie was. I just sent out a massive text to half my phone just saying "There's no way to prepare mentally for what you'll see in this movie" watch them all be disappointed now :lol:

But whatever, 9/8 on the nt movie scale, my personal favorite Marvel movie so far. So glad the Buckster "getting washed by everyone" was just a scare. Nothing to worry about for us Team Cap/Bucky fans.

Did we see the same movie cause....? Lol

I don't know, man. All the scenes where people got licks on him were all in the teasers/commercials, even what happens in the 2 on 1 fight. I didn't see anything new, and in a 2.5 hour movie, that's nothing :nerd:

saw it last night at an early screening from the dealership my friend bought his car at. I loved it but I'm not putting it ahead of Winter Soldier, Avengers 1, or Iron Man 1, which are my 3 favorite MCU movies. It is awesome though no complaints.

I don't know, man. All the scenes where people got licks on him were all in the teasers/commercials, even what happens in the 2 on 1 fight. I didn't see anything new, and in a 2.5 hour movie, that's nothing :nerd:

C'mon man :lol:

Bucky got washed at least 6 times in this movie. Well, he always get saved by something or someone but no fight scenes where he was the last man standing

Back
Top Bottom