WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Nolan's Batman is just not a good Batman to base a core universe off of.

Batman wasn't even the problem in BvS. It was everything else :lol:

Common sense plays no part in this bro. You reachin for somethin that isn't there. :smh:

I don't live in Manhattan. I've heard it's expensive there though. Which is why the $100 sounded OD, but I wasn't entirely sure, hence the "Am I reading this right?"

Everybody wanna be slick comedians though.
pull your skirt up. You acting like I spit on your name.

You heard manhattan was expensive? Is that suppose to excuse the common sense it took to know there is NOWHERE In America that has tickets even 50% of that price.

A simple grammatical error of "is" to "are" which was AFTER He explained he's paying for 5 total.

Dont need to be a "slick comedian"

Last edited:
1st mistake, going with Snyder for superman and the head of justice league

2nd, should have gone superman.. Then wonderwoman, then aquaman.. Both are on earth but not really a part of the world, have the events of superman trigger them deciding they have to become part of the world

Do a batman movie, to establish whatever batman you are going use.. No need to show his parents dying or him just getting started.. Go straight into in and you can have the ending being him seeing everything that is happening with superman, which causes him to go bigger than just Gotham

'The event' triggers the green lantern having to get more involved with whatever sector earth is.. Which eventually leads to them selecting a human green lantern

You tell the cyborg story in the justice league movie.. Could do flash solo before or after.. Martian manhunter you do after probably

1st mistake, going with Snyder for superman and the head of justice league

2nd, should have gone superman.. Then wonderwoman, then aquaman.. Both are on earth but not really a part of the world, have the events of superman trigger them deciding they have to become part of the world

Do a batman movie, to establish whatever batman you are going use.. No need to show his parents dying or him just getting started.. Go straight into in and you can have the ending being him seeing everything that is happening with superman, which causes him to go bigger than just Gotham

'The event' triggers the green lantern having to get more involved with whatever sector earth is.. Which eventually leads to them selecting a human green lantern

You tell the cyborg story in the justice league movie.. Could do flash solo before or after.. Martian manhunter you do after probably
and not waste two iconic story lines that both only work in a well established universe on the second movie

imagine if civil war started over cap and tony's small argument in avengers 1 
laugh.gif

pull your skirt up. You acting like I spit on your name.

You heard manhattan was expensive? Is that suppose to excuse the common sense it took to know there is NOWHERE In America that has tickets even 50% of that price.

A simple grammatical error of "is" to "are" which was AFTER He explained he's paying for 5 total.

Dont need to be a "slick comedian"

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Go outside, there are theatres out there that charge an arm and a leg for seating. Even have leather sofas and popcorn/concessions delivered to you.

Whose to say he wasn't speaking of one of those locations?

However, you rather derail a thread, off of a simple question, in which I asked exactly what the user POSTED.

Again, go outside bro.

something crazy like superman flying around would not fit in the nolan batman universe 

even bane was pretty much just a regular guy with above average strength 

i understand. and i get the Bane angle.

but i dont think audiences care as much as its thought they do. people just want a good story.

rebooting that Nolan run was a lot of wasted momentum

Nolan's Trilogy might have been too...grounded in reality for the guys at DC to do the kind of superhero films they've got planned. But at the very least, Man of Steel, Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, then Justice League Part 1 is a terrible lineup of films :smh: Makes little to no sense to set your universe up that way. I'd have pushed Suicide Squad back a few years, after the Justice League film at least, and moved Wonder Woman up to after Man of Steel. Between those two and Justice League throw in 2 more films for Flash and Aquaman. Maybe a Green Lantern film as well. And most definitely have Batman making appearances along the way. I'm tempted to say that they could've even not had Batman officially join the League until the second film.

And I still think that a set of teamup films (Superman/Batman, Flash/Green Lantern) has the potential to be a hit if you've introduced the characters correctly and you get the right guy working on the film to balance the two heroes out.

Last edited:
it took 1.5 movies for nolan batman to bend his neck

he's way to stiff to have the agility to even be in the same room as a superman fight without being squished

Nolan's Trilogy might have been too...grounded in reality for the guys at DC to do the kind of superhero films they've got planned. But at the very least, Man of Steel, Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, then Justice League Part 1 is a terrible lineup of films :smh: Makes little to no sense to set your universe up that way. I'd have pushed Suicide Squad back a few years, after the Justice League film at least, and moved Wonder Woman up to after Man of Steel. Between those two and Justice League throw in 2 more films for Flash and Aquaman. Maybe a Green Lantern film as well. And most definitely have Batman making appearances along the way. I'm tempted to say that they could've even not had Batman officially join the League until the second film.

And I still think that a set of teamup films (Superman/Batman, Flash/Green Lantern) has the potential to be a hit if you've introduced the characters correctly and you get the right guy working on the film to balance the two heroes out.
Nobody cares about those characters enough :lol:

Nobody cares about those characters enough :lol:

There was a time that nobody cared about the majority of heroes on the Avengers though :lol: Good writing and planning changed that. :smokin No reason that DC couldn't have done the same.

he's way to stiff to have the agility to even be in the same room as a superman fight without being squished

gee thanks Captain Obvious

the point was most people dont care about any of that IF its a good story.

when these movies are doing close to $1 billion and above, there's a lot more average people spending money to see these movies besides comic book nerds that harp on every single physical detail.

Last edited:
I say just insert a Damian and Nightwing Nolan film, try really really hard to involve CW's Arrow and Flash, and soft reboot Superman's origin in one film.

Problem fixed.

and not waste two iconic story lines that both only work in a well established universe on the second movie

imagine if civil war started over cap and tony's small argument in avengers 1 :lol:

Yup.. Especially the dark knight returns.. you got the animated movies right there, just make live action versions of those.. But that's down the line

Even suicide squad you could have cameos by those guys in the batman solo film.. Have them in arkham or something.. Maybe bats deals with 1 or 2.. Something

If marvel goes red hulk in one of the upcoming movies, it wouldn't just be out of left field.. Or even have Zola in his robot suit thing

Last edited:
good filmmaking got us to care about a bunch of toys and a forgetful fish

I dont believe that it's impossible to make any character concept likeable or at least interesting 

gee thanks Captain Obvious

the point was most people dont care about any of that IF its a good story.

when these movies are doing close to $1 billion and above, there's a lot more average people spending money to see these movies besides comic book nerds that harp on every single physical detail.
IF it's a good story this current DCU would be doing just fine and you wouldn't be talking about if they should have just built off the nolan movies 

Nolan's Batman is just not a good Batman to base a core universe off of.

View media item 2027527

Let me be more clear.

It was a good trilogy. But it was very grounded. You honestly think that Batman would fit in a world with Supes and WW and everyone. Rebooting Batman was the right thing.

Like I said. Batman was coo in BvS. Literally everything else was the problem :lol:

I say just insert a Damian and Nightwing Nolan film, try really really hard to involve CW's Arrow and Flash, and soft reboot Superman's origin in one film.

Problem fixed.

Look man, we all know damn well that no one working on the DCEU has that kind of talent :lol: With their current lineup they're setting themselves up to take multiple L's :rofl: That Cyborg film is probably going to kill the franchise.

They put 3 of the biggest names in comic book history, cultural icons, in a film for the first time ever and somehow didn't manage to knock that out of the park :smh:

Last edited:
but to be fair no one creates likeable and relatable characters like disney

one of last years most likeable movie characters was a ball with a head that beeps 

Just saw it. Really liked it. Solid 9.
Really looking forward to Black Panther movie(s).

Also I want Elizabeth Olsen to ride my face. That is all.

Problem fixed.

Look man, we all know damn well that no one working on the DCEU has that kind of talent
laugh.gif
With their current lineup they're setting themselves up to take multiple L's
roll.gif
That Cyborg film is probably going to kill the franchise.

They put 3 of the biggest names in comic book history, cultural icons, in a film for the first time ever and somehow didn't manage to knock that out of the park
mean.gif
Cyborg film is no more, according to rumors.

Thank goodness.

good filmmaking got us to care about a bunch of toys and a forgetful fish

I dont believe that it's impossible to make any character concept likeable or at least interesting 

Yea man. I didn't care about Collosus at all in previous x men films. A new director used him and all of a sudden Collosus is super likable. :lol:

Deadpool was trash in the Wolverine movie and now everybody is on his nuts.

No doubt in my damn mind that if you put any of the DC characters in the hands of actual talented ppl and they will murder the box office.

If James Wan really commits to Aquaman he just might make the rest of us lose our damn minds over him :lol:

Last edited:
You honestly think that Nolan's Batman would fit in a world with Supes and WW and everyone.

Rebooting Batman was the right thing.

no one in this thread thinks this.

no one in this thread has implied this.

and clearly reeboting Batman (they way they did) wasn't 'the right thing'.

i look forward to hearing you explain once again how Nolan's Batman wouldn't fit in a world with Supes, when we're clearly talking about the average movie person who couldnt give a damn if you paid them.

Back
Top Bottom