WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Well Venom is one of my favorite Spider-Man villains. Like Top 5. So i'm willing to give them a chance on this.

A venom franchise? Idk.
For SONY, franchise is code for 2 or 3 movies until they reboot a few times and then ask Marvel for help :lol:

Really though, I get you're not being sure and I aint sure you can manage a decade of Venom movies with the source material. Don't care if you're using Eddie or Flash or some bum in between.

Best chance they have is trying something risky, like a new character or somebody from the comics with not a lot of history to them and building a new mythos using the source material.

If they just go Eddie Brock Lethal Weapon Venom, I feel that'll get stale. It's just a cross between Spidey and Punisher. It'd have to be nailed 100% if they go that route. They gotta do a character that'll have some nuance and uniqueness for it to be a success. It really has to embody the idea of a Spidey that's darker and more violent but with their own style.

Then they gotta work on a rogues gallery unless they gonna poach Spidey villains.

This can't just be SONY's copying a Suicide Squad and Deadpool. Gotta be a real attempt.

On a related note, I'm guessing that Sinister 6 movie is indefinitely pushed back. Do wonder about the solo female superhero movie.

Last edited:
Do we know if the Adam Warlock was an easter egg or a plot point?

Was it kind of like the infinity gauntlet in Thor where it served no purpose but a quick nod to comic book nerds?

Kind of random but gotg reminded me

Last edited:
Seems like Sony is rushing to build a cinematic universe since Marvel is printing money with theirs. They should focus on getting Spider-Man right for at least 2 movies before giving other side characters their own. I really hope Feige has some sort of control over what they decide to do with the Spider-Man franchise even though Sony has the final say.

Seems like Sony is rushing to build a cinematic universe since Marvel is printing money with theirs. They should focus on getting Spider-Man right for at least 2 movies before giving other side characters their own. I really hope Feige has some sort of control over what they decide to do with the Spider-Man franchise even though Sony has the final say.
In a creative driven market, that would be ideal but SONY pictures needs to make that money every quarter and have to have a respectable and even impressive bottom line at the end of every year.

They don't care as much. They own the Spidey stuff forever now I think anyway. So to them, what's another reboot every 6 years? With Spidey in the MCU now though they'll just be ignoring their failures more often.

Hastily making movies and rebooting when they get stuck can't be good for their bottom line. I think. But I'm not a rich CEO so I don't know anything,

They made bank off the Raimi Spidey, waited, then made a good chunk of change off ASM knowing they completely failed to fulfill Spidey's movie potential in a world where now Batman, Iron Man and Avengers are doing a billi or close enough.

But like I said, since Spidey is tied to the MCU now it'll be less rebooting and more ignoring any failures with the spinoffs. If this Venom movie ends up sucking, they'll just ignore it. If it's a success, bigger chance for Spidey to show up. If it's a huge hit, Venom shows up in Avengers and bangs Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and Black Widow :smokin

Last edited:
Was convinced the symbiote was gonna show up in infinity wars and spiderman was gonna don the black suit :nerd:

Too much too fast lame.

Yall moving at break neck speed with the Iron Spidey suit talk to all black symbiote :lol:

I was just thinking 'damn we've had 14 years of Spiderman in the movies but no symbiotie suit yet'

And then I realized, 'oh **** we had it in Spiderman 3' :lol:

Tbh, where I'd love for them to take Spiderman is Morlun and alternate realities with multiple Spideys. I just dunno if Sony can handle that.

Last edited:
Nope. They can't.

I'd settle (and hope) for a decent Kraven's Last Hunt. Maybe a Man-Spider story. Hobgoblin and some real good crime stuff.

Last edited:
New spider trilogy should be Kraven, then Venom, Carnage. Just put the Venom spin off right after Spidey 2

I never understood how Kraven could hang with Spiderman. Dude is just a strong but a normal human right? And spider is like a 10-tonner.

Last edited:
50 reps? Mmk

So that's 4 bets in total?

Fitz

Iron Spidey

Cosmo Spidey

There's a 4th but I can't remember it lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom