WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

It wasn't just the feminism.

She had the personality of a brick the whole movie.

Nick losing his eye from a cat.

No real Skrull development.

Fury knew about aliens the whole time but blamed Thor in A1 for weaponizing.

Did he just take the decade off?

You've been programmed and militarized to kill the Skrulls for as long as you can remember but one asked for a sit down and you was like cool, let's hear him out.

The cat was trash!

Her energy blast were trash!

She was trash!
If you didn't like it that's perfectly fine, and you're entitled to your opinion as to why. But your first point could be inferred as you didn't like it because it's "feminist," which is where I'd question what's really wrong with that.

When you say feminism turned you off, I stop listening. Take a gender studies course at ya local community college b.

I never said feminism turned me off.

Do better.

The loud in your face feminism in the movie was annoying.

The poor movie turned me off.

People just keep talking about the feminism so I respond accordingly.

Again do better.

Fury knew about aliens the whole time but blamed Thor in A1 for weaponizing.

Did he just take the decade off?
Do you seriously not understand he was lying? :lol: Son simply justifying why they used the tesseract to create weapons.

It's the same way he lied about Coulson dying and threw Rogers Coulson's Cap card collection covered in blood.

HE WAS MANIPULATING THEM.

You've been programmed and militarized to kill the Skrulls for as long as you can remember but one asked for a sit down and you was like cool, let's hear him out.
Cuz more of her memories were coming back to her when she came back to earth.

The movie was not hard to follow in that regard.

Rest of the post is you doing a @nawghtyhare impression.
Supporting feminism?

Womens rights?

What dont I get?
I think he means the actual definition of feminism.

Especially when you keep claiming the feminism was "loud in your face"

Yeah, none of this bothered me, and I don't get what's wrong with any of it. And I love how feminism has turned into a bad word. It's literally defined as "the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes; organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests". Nothing wrong with any of this IMO.

Message is fine and supported.

The delivery on the other hand........

I remember in one of the movie threads a poster mentioned he started falling asleep in WW because he felt they were pushing agendas.

I asked him what agenda and he never replied back to me :lol:

Do you seriously not understand he was lying? :lol: Son simply justifying why they used the tesseract to create weapons.

It's the same way he lied about Coulson dying and threw Rogers Coulson's Cap card collection covered in blood.

HE WAS MANIPULATING THEM.

I think he means the actual definition of feminism.

Especially when you keep claiming the feminism was "loud in your face"

Not even close the same thing :lol:

Both films, CM and WW, are mediocre....

Those characters deserved better....

I enjoyed parts of those films on first viewing but have no desire to rewatch them....

yup

my sis and girl also both thought it was just ok

They did the same thing with Black Panther, they released the 2nd trailer of Infinity War like the 2nd weekend BP hit theaters

But they were riding the Black Panther wave. Like "yall liked Black Panther right? We got more Black Panther in the next movie too". Queue the yibambe chant trailer

Some yall gonna have to pick your lane. Either you're the strong, classic man that holds on to classic masculinity, or be a new age snowflake that gets offended by something inconsequential to you like a lead female character on screen with some feminist notes, sure, but not for you for your daughters, sisters etc.

Toxic man babies just don't want to share

We got 20 mcu movies with a male lead, not a word, but one mcu movie comes out with a strong female lead and toxic fans cry foul because marvel are pushing feminist agendas.

These guys got to do better.

If you don't want to watch an mcu movie with a strong female lead then there's 20 movies and counting for you... Let the women and little girls enjoy Captain Marvel.

Not even close the same thing :lol:
Why are you making weapons out of the tesseract?

Cuz this alien guy came to earth and blew up a small town.

Then you say what about Skrulls and the Kree and CM? What about them?

You really expect Fury to say oh this one time in the 90s we had an alien incident due to a galactic war involving shape shifters and some other aliens with superior fire power.

It's like y'all don't understand storytelling at all.

Or the simpler fact that Nick Fury is a liar.

But they were riding the Black Panther wave. Like "yall liked Black Panther right? We got more Black Panther in the next movie too". Queue the yibambe chant trailer

Just imagine if the complaint that Black Panther's pro-blackness was too loud and in your face was taken as a legit argument against the movie.

Last edited:
Captain marvel was ok, they left alot of room for improvement for her sequels. Almost all the best marvel women are on the xmen they just working with what was available to them.

Toxic man babies just don't want to share

We got 20 mcu movies with a male lead, not a word, but one mcu movie comes out with a strong female lead and toxic fans cry foul because marvel are pushing feminist agendas.

These guys got to do better.

If you don't want to watch an mcu movie with a strong female lead then there's 20 movies and counting for you... Let the women and little girls enjoy Captain Marvel.

Again, the movie was not good.

The message was heavy handed.

Why y'all go straight to the "you hate women" defense is wierd.

Or do I need to list all the "strong" female lead movies I enjoyed.

Some yall gonna have to pick your lane. Either you're the strong, classic man that holds on to classic masculinity, or be a new age snowflake that gets offended by something inconsequential to you like a lead female character on screen with some feminist notes, sure, but not for you for your daughters, sisters etc.

How bout I just disliked the movie?

yup

my sis and girl also both thought it was just ok
It's not like every woman is going to automatically like Captain Marvel

Like every man is not going to agree on the 20 million other mcu movies with a male lead

My sister gave CM a 7/10. I actually liked it better than she did.

Watched it a second time with a friend and she was over the moon about it. Already planning on dressing up her future daughter as CM and showing her this movie over and over again.

My cousin who's a female was so negatively triggered by it but she's a pro Trump lady. Was probably conditioned to dislike strong feminine values.

I do agree though, that while I liked CM, it wasn't the best thing ever IMO. I wanted about 20 more minutes of her at her full potential. It's pretty standard for most origin stories in general, but I was a little bummed that she becomes her full powered self in only the last 5 minutes. Blows up a couple missiles and ships, intimidates Ronin, handles Jude Law's character, and that's it in terms of full on CM. For her being the most powerful thing in the MCU, I wanted those FULL powers to be on display a lot longer at the end. That was my only issue big with the movie really.

Again, the movie was not good.

The message was heavy handed.

Why y'all go straight to the "you hate women" defense is wierd.

Or do I need to list all the "strong" female lead movies I enjoyed.

I'm not impressed with your post.

Basically you're saying you'd only accept strong female leads if they don't offend your anti-feminist sensibilities lol

Also I just can't believe some people in this thread decided to line up beside Mike Cernovich on any issue. :lol:

y'all need to take a long look in the mirror.

I do agree though, that while I liked CM, it wasn't the best thing ever IMO. I wanted about 20 more minutes of her at her full potential. It's pretty standard for most origin stories in general, but I was a little bummed that she becomes her full powered self in only the last 5 minutes. Blows up a couple missiles and ships, intimidates Ronin, handles Jude Law's character, and that's it in terms of full on CM. For her being the most powerful thing in the MCU, I wanted those FULL powers to be on display a lot longer at the end. That was my only issue big with the movie really.

Fair complaint.

It's just that they didn't have a villain that could challenge her in this movie.

The way most of the movie was written this strong villain would've had to randomly come out of nowhere

I think the movie was less about physically beating a villain but more about mentally overcoming a villain who was conditioning her to accept her limits.

I think that is a message a LOT of women can relate to.

The whole movie was about 'Why WHY won't you let me use these powers you've given me' and her basically being told 'because I said so' and then at the end she decides 'f what you taught me. I got nothing to prove. I don't need to play by your rules' lol

Last edited:
Most of your reasons for hating the movie is based on the "heavy handed" feminism....so it's fair people would make that conclusion.

I'm not impressed with your post.

Basically you're saying you'd only accept strong female leads if they don't offend your anti-feminist sensibilities lol

Mind blown!

You're coming up with some real definitive assumptions about me my guy.

What exactly are my anti-feminist sensibilities?

Also I just can't believe some people in this thread decided to line up beside Mike Cernovich on any issue. :lol:

y'all need to take a long look in the mirror.

Looked up who that was and realized it was the troll that got Gunn fired only to see that Gunn is rehired lol.

Just imagine if the complaint that Black Panther's pro-blackness was too loud and in your face was taken as a legit argument against the movie.

I remember there were some people that were legit upset about the "colonizer" lines

i kinda agree but i hate how she's kinda basically a deus ex machinima that is barely being introduced :lol:

my only gripe and i think that's why i'm a bit abrasive about her

Back
Top Bottom