What Does Niketalk Think About The Bay Area..? **Update**pg.1

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

Originally Posted by wcghost

LA has better weather? you serious? 103 degrees in mid October is not what's poppin. neither is your 1-hr traffic to get 10 miles. neither is your terrible air quality.

surfing, snowboard/skiing, shooting, river rafting, mountain climbing, world-class wine tasting, camping, etc. are all within driving distance of the diverse/eccentric/laid-back Bay Area metropolitan area.

there is something for everyone in the Bay.
When was the last time it was 103 in downtown mid-october?  Maybe deeper into the valley, or East over the mountains. If we're comparing county locales, I love weather on the peninsula. I just can't get with the incessant fog in the city.
it was 104 degrees in Anaheim/98 degrees in DT LA, two weeks ago (10/12/11)

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USCA0027

not to mention your "incessant" global-warming-like smog floating above the city
indifferent.gif

Okay imma give my 2 cents of a single dude, since ive been out there for a year, and coming from chicago.

food- is good but not great, its hard when your city so so dope with the eatery's

things to do- is way above average, from tahoe to santa cruz and in between every inch is a getaway in my opinion.

nightlife- is dope in the city, but anywhere else is poor and stuck in another timezone.

women- i love the chicks out there(diverse)my main focus is black women but the quality is just too low, so i deal with the Asian's, took some time to adjust but i like it. "where do the quality black women kick it?"

my interest never reaches a peak in the bay, and i really never get bored, from dealing with the diversity and free sprite of people, learning the culture and just fitting in to a new city so different than chicago. the music scene is trash but chicago's isnt that good neither, but who cares when every and i mean every artist plays live there. ive seen like 70 percent of my ipod live living in the bay.

i also love the comedy clubs, no where else in the world will you see dave chappelle live, ive seen him twice. the bay is where its at.

bad- hipsters are lamer than chicago or ny. Hood dudes are stuck in 2003, no one wears extra baggy clothes anymore, the bay has got to give it up, the rest of urban amrerica did. The police hate hard for no reason. The homeless problem is a bit too much, i shouldn't be seeing 17 year old dudes with signs on corners.

Anyway i love the bay. Frisco hands down 2nd best city in america IMO

I've spent my whole life in the Bay Area i've live in Vallejo, Richmond, San Pablo, Pinole, and Fairfield.

Our music is trash, when I watch bay area music videos I can tell it's bay area by the way they dress. People out here still rocking screen print shirts and all over print hoodies.

Food is good but you have to look for it.

Club life is decent.

Always something to do.

Women or ehhh in my opinion I love black women so it's harder.

i'm thinking about moving to Atlanta or Dallas maybe LA.

is it expensive?

can i get a rundown of common expenses?

if i was to ever move out of ohio....it would for sure be the bay...

i thought it was decent (the cost of living)

rent, food, etc?

can someone give me a rundown

Originally Posted by ricky409

where scshift's hometown should be...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If it weren't for Monta Ellis and the Warriors, I would never even consider setting foot in the Bay

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

Thizz in Peace to the bays greatest.
A legend...
2mcu9le.jpg

Originally Posted by scshift

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If it weren't for Monta Ellis and the Warriors, I would never even consider setting foot in the Bay
Lol how come..?

And yes today is the anniversary of the death of Andre Hicks (July 5th 1970 - November 1st 2004)

Rest In Peace Mac Dre...

Wow and shouts out to ya' boy Drake - check it right here - him and Weezy on some Bay type steez...

Skip to around 3:01 for some Bay respect...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Again, those hating on the music, don't rely on just the new stuff...see how it's changed by going back to the real golden years of the mid 90's.

Happy to say I saw Mac Dre & Dre Dog (Andre Nickatina) in concert up in Chico on Halloween back in 2001 at the Brickworks....good times.

to be honest i never been on the west coast and that #1 place i want to live va so boring and dead

I don't think about it at all but I do hear San Fran use to be the gay capital of the country as for specifically in the bay area I only recall visuals representing it on tv but then again it's probably been years since I've seen something on tv having to do with the Bay.

From NYC if it matters.

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

Originally Posted by scshift

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lol how come..?

Nothing special. I haven't heard of anything there that would make me want to go out of my way to go there.

In general I have no plans to ever go to northern California is Silicon Valley. I would LOVE to go there and check out/work in the startup environment there. Now that is somewhere I plan to go.

def. an area I'm thinking about looking to for work after college. my dad's company is based (like lil B) there so chances are the family could move to SF after my sister and I are done with school in the midwest.

My dad hated paying rent in SF though so it might just be me going out there.

and all y'all in Cali need to make sure
pimp.gif
is still good when I get there by voting.

Imagine having to go to Riverside after living 18 years in the bay 
sick.gif

There is NOTHING like the Bay....get with it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I moved to San Francisco from San Diego 2 years ago..

PROS:
The food is a lot better in SF; except for the Mexican food. Being from SD, the burritos there and here are night and day. I've come to accept SF burritos for what they are, but IMO they don't compare to the ones I had been eating my whole life

There's always stuff to do. I go to a live show at least once a month. In SD, all the good shows I wanted to go to were too few and far in between.

The public transportation is on point. When I first moved here I would hop on the bus / muni and just get off at random spots that looked cool. In SoCal everything is too spread out

CONS:
Driving around here sucks. I always have to consider the parking situation before going anywhere. 2.00 / hr at metered parking is not the bidness. I've also got burned by street sweep too many times. Also, the bikers get on my nerves sometimes
Spoiler [+]
78lo.jpg

It's expensive living here.

The weather is too unpredictable. Whenever my friends ask me what to pack when they visit I always tell them to bring a jacket and pants.

The Marina. Worst drivers and the worst crowds. Unless you're into douchey frat type people then this area is for you

Born and raised here in the city.  I'm thinking about moving out to Chicago next year.  Never thought I'd live anywhere else...but I'll see what opportunities I get out in the Chi.

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

is it expensive?

rent, food, etc?

Well my brother just moved out to an apartment out in the S.F. city and he told me these are his common monthly expenses:
Rent: $1750.00

PG&E: $20.00

B.A.R.T.: $120.00

MUNI: $62.00

Comcast: $110.00

This is all not including auto expenses ie: insurance, gas, etc...

I love the Bay just like I love LA. I moved up here from Pasadena when I was 8 and I am proud to say I am a Californian.

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

is it expensive?

rent, food, etc?

Well my brother just moved out to an apartment out in the S.F. city and he told me these are his common monthly expenses:
Rent: $1750.00

PG&E: $20.00

B.A.R.T.: $120.00

MUNI: $62.00

Comcast: $110.00

This is all not including auto expenses ie: insurance, gas, etc...

There's no point of using a car too much unless you go to the north bay or Sacramento a lot. I live in Daly city and the only I do is up the street to Bart to take muni. I only use my car when I'm lazy. My car matinance/gas expenses significantly went down and my insurance rates are dipping because I don't even drive enough to even risks accidents. Does he work in the city?

I live in Houston but I would love to visit the Bay. IDK about moving there though.

Back
Top Bottom