What Is A "SNEAKERHEAD"

jumpman cbt2 wrote:

Sneaker head = someone who has a hobby With collecting, gathering info like release dates, Background info sneakers. Its not a fetish but a special interest. a sneaker head hangs around at sneaker Stores to talk with the sales associate about Sneakers, visit forums like NT, kicksonfire Frequently etc.

Originally Posted by heatking

someone who has a love/passion for sneakers.

290t26o.gif

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

SneakerHead: People of all ages that has love for the shoe game. Collect all different kinds of shoes. Never seen wearing the same shoes all the time.
Originally Posted by heatking

someone who has a love/passion for sneakers.

This

Well, I was looking at online ads to buy a car, and I was expecting a picture of the underside to see the wear rate. Then I remembered I was looking at cars, not sneakers
l

hi

i dont know where to post.. so I will post there

does anybody know how many sneakerheads or jordans collectors exist? globaly? is anywhere some info about that?

What about knowing the info or story of the kicks you collect... If it's a person who buys a lot of kicks then that means everyone is a "sneakerhead"

Most of these so called sneaker heads don't even know the correct name of kicks they have on..

Also if you rent shoes (wear one time take a pic for social media and resale them) you are not a sneakerhead

I view being called a sneakerhead as a derogatory term because the line between that and hypebeast has been very blurred over the last 6 years.

I view being called a sneakerhead as a derogatory term because the line between that and hypebeast has been very blurred over the last 6 years.
Repped. I was gonna post a similar thing. All the people that are in my local fb groups and claim they're "sneakerheads" are the same people using bots, camping out on twitter, repeatedly posting their new pickups as WDYWT on their bedroom floors, acting like the world has ended if they miss a hyped shoe, and charging ridiculous resale prices.

someone who buys popular sneakers to increase their "swag" but doesn't realize unintentially that sneakers only impress other dudes hence theyre using that swag to attract a bunch of other dudes....wait a min...dang I need a new hobby

it's obvious that guys and gals who have been into sneakers for a long period of time don't like the term "sneakerhead"... it's just like the guy said a few posts above, sneakerhead=hypebeasts pretty much in today's world... b/c those two terms are so blurred, none of the old school shoe enthusiasts/collectors want to be tagged with that kind of label which is totally understandable.  I think because the term sneakerhead is used so loosely, sneaker purists tend to stay away from the term.  

So you have 

Sneaker Purists/Enthusiasts/Collectors=sneaker passion in its purest form

Hypebeast=buys whatever is popular and being talked about

Resellers=in it for the money 

All three can be labeled as a sneakerhead since to be any of these 3 things you have to be into sneakers (release dates, hype, availability, etc).  i hate to say it, but we all know we have all 3 of these types of people on NT, it's just something we gotta accept.   

hi

does anybody (experts please) have any idea about number of peoples (population) collect sneakers (sneakerheads, hypebeast, etc..)?

or maybe number of users on forums, nt...

thanks folks

it's obvious that guys and gals who have been into sneakers for a long period of time don't like the term "sneakerhead"... it's just like the guy said a few posts above, sneakerhead=hypebeasts pretty much in today's world... b/c those two terms are so blurred, none of the old school shoe enthusiasts/collectors want to be tagged with that kind of label which is totally understandable.  I think because the term sneakerhead is used so loosely, sneaker purists tend to stay away from the term.  

So you have 

Sneaker Purists/Enthusiasts/Collectors=sneaker passion in its purest form

Hypebeast=buys whatever is popular and being talked about

Resellers=in it for the money 

All three can be labeled as a sneakerhead since to be any of these 3 things you have to be into sneakers (release dates, hype, availability, etc).  i hate to say it, but we all know we have all 3 of these types of people on NT, it's just something we gotta accept.   
i guess i'm a "collecting hypebeast reseller", cause i do all 3.  i've been collecting for 10 years, but with so many colorways of everything now days, i tend to buy whats "hot/popular and being talked about".  

i don't have a problem with wanting to be in the "in crowd", don't we all.  if you didn't want to be in the in-crowd, you wouldn't even buy nike, you'd buy more comfortable shoes like new balance and brooks.  most people on this board went hard for bred 1s and they are my most uncomfortable pair of Js period.

and as far as the reselling part.  i do that too.  i jump on any opportunity to double or triple up, just so i can resell extra pairs for $40-60 over retail.  its not much, but reselling 3 pair usually pairs for my 1 pair.  so thumbs up for free shoes.

my name is riceNeggs and i'm a pure hypebeast reseller!  

someone who buys popular sneakers to increase their "swag" but doesn't realize unintentially that sneakers only impress other dudes hence theyre using that swag to attract a bunch of other dudes....wait a min...dang I need a new hobby
correction:  thats how it USED to be (impressing dudes).  now days, there are so many chics in the game that you're getting that opposite sex attn as well

lmao @ thinking you're getting women with your shoes. If that's how you expect to attract a woman I think you better hang it up and practice a lil more. no "woman" is going to want you because you are wearing yeezys
laugh.gif

lmao @ thinking you're getting women with your shoes. If that's how you expect to attract a woman I think you better hang it up and practice a lil more. no "woman" is going to want you because you are wearing yeezys :lol:
Money hungry **** might be. Lol

sneakerhead is someone who loves kicks, the type of people who look down at people before they look at their face or people who dress from the bottom up.
Someone who likes shoes enought to register at a forum based on shoes. I would say we our all sneakerheads here. (maybe not the resellers :tongue:)

I hate this term " sneakerhead " or similar  "sneaker addict"  ,  "sneaker freak"    ,  just sounds corny to me  ....

I just love  classic  sport shoes  because i love sport in general  ,   without basketball  i would probably never cared .

For me a sneakerhead  is a young geek /hypebeast   born around 2000  obsessed with his feet  .

It's the new thing  for every kid on the whole planet  .  A sort of  " american way of materialism "  but now it's expanded everywhere .

Even if i have one foot "in depth"   , i think the other one is becomming to find  this more and more ridiculous .

I'm probably becomming too old now 
roll.gif

Please get rid of this lame label.

Buying a lot of shoes isn't a skill or a real accomplishment.

Just practice "buy what you like" & move forward, it doesn't need to be anything deeper than that.

Back
Top Bottom