What Is The Most Important SKILL In Basketball?

Ball handling/Touch quickness getting to spots with the ball to make a play or the way you release the basketball for shooting or passing.

Shooting and its not even close...You can see the court like the best of em, pass like kidd or nash, but if the dude you passing to doesnt make the shot,that pass becomes null and void.

You brought up Skip, Rondo, Dooling, and Sebastian...all of whom have OTHER skills besides ball handling. I'm simply saying...if a player to excel in NOTHING else but the two given categories...would they have a job in the league. There are and has been guys in the league who CAN NOT put the ball in floor...or do anything else but they shoot at a high level and that is what had/has them in the league. I'm still waiting for someone to give me a legit example of someone who couldn't do ANYTHING else but handle the ball.
The question wasn't what is the one skill that will keep you in the league, but what skill is the most important.

How can shooting be the most important, if it is dependent on something else like ball handling or comming off a screen???

JJ Redick for example is a great shooter, a better shooter than 90% of the NBA. Now if he is one of the very best, at the most important skill in basketball,then why is he not more of an effective player?

Back
Top Bottom