What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

It happened for me when I was in Baumholder, Germany. I guess I would have been around 10-12 because I was over there 5th to 7th grade.

Before that, I used to not be into sneaks, moms used to get me the $14 joints from the PX and I was good with them. I remember the cool kids used o always roast and called the Air Chickens because they had this big A.C logo which stood for "Athletic Club." I had some Atlanta Braves shoes my grandparents sent me too, I just remember never noticing or caring, another name brand was Mirage. Then one day my mom put my white Mirage's in the washing machine and they disintegrated right before basketball season. All the ballers where wearing these Adidas with a thin removable strap they sold at the PX, so moms went and got me some of those. They were probably $60.

Since then I never looked back. And then it went a step further when I went with my mom to the post office one time and there was a recycle bin people threw magazines in to recycle them and I saw an Eastbay on top of it and was like what is this? In Germany at that time, your selection of what you could was very limited, the PX just got a few basic colorways and that's just what everybody rocked, you could go into "Germantown" which is what we called any city not the Army base, but they sold fakes almost exclusively. After discovering Eastbay, which nobody else was on, I pretty much became the man because now I got all the same hot sneaks as everyone else but I got the colorways, the reds, the blues, etc. while every single other person is wearing plain black and whites. Everybody had these for example, but nobody had this colorway. I remember having the red Kamikazes too and breaking everybody's neck with those, and the Above the Rim Reeboks.

View media item 817459

THIS WAS MY FIRST EXPENSIVE SHOE MY MOMMA GOT ME. I WANT THE RETRO CUZ MY PAIR IS CRUMBLED

IF ANYONE CAN FIND THE RETRO IN AN 8.5 FOR CHEAP PLEASE LMK.

in like the 7th grade I was watching a pron and the chick was wearing some Grape 5's while getting her back blown out.

Ever since then, I've loved sneakers and Daisy Marie.

Moms picked me up the Air Jordan 2 in 1987, I was 9yrs old.
I liked them but mom was a Bulls fan, so that's WHY she brought them home in the first place.
The next year, 5th grade, I saw the BC-III in a TV spot and subsequently got them for my bday.
It was at that exact point in my life when shoes and OCD meshed.
The BC-III remains my all-time grail, to this day. Which is why I have more pairs of that shoe than any other.
However, that same year I also had the Nike Air Delta Force 3/4 for bball.
The AJ-2 and Deltas can take almost as much credit for my brainwashing.
:smokin

Last edited:
The 1996 Nike Air Penny 2

complex-penny-penny2-1.jpg

And the 1996 Nike Air Shake Ndestrukt.

nike-air-shake-ndestrukt-original-ad.jpg

White/blue 17's... The suitcase, the peel here sticker... I liked sneakers, and wanted fresh sneakers... But those made me fall in love with sneakers...

Back
Top Bottom