What shoe you have sentimental value?

What shoe you own that have a special place in you heart? It can be any shoe.
For me, it's the pippen 1. These released in 1997 when I was 10 years old. This was the time I got into sneakers real hard!!
These are the 08 retro's
View media item 1070870

Got these for Christmas shortly after original release. I had to have them, being fairly poor I was uncertain. Checked moms closet(yeah...I peeked) and there they were, almost lost everything because I got busted. Will always have a pair DS and a pair in rotation!

^^^So, those released fall of 1990? Wow, but that's a dope sneaker..

I worked at FootAction when those Pippens dropped. We were all in shock(I specifically remember the Max Uptempo 3's) at the $150 price tag, thought they would never sell. Wish I would have kept all the stuff I had from back then....

I worked at FootAction when those Pippens dropped. We were all in shock(I specifically remember the Max Uptempo 3's) at the $150 price tag, thought they would never sell. Wish I would have kept all the stuff I had from back then....
SO, they sold poorly due to the $150 price tag in 1997?

Im sounding real old right now. At the time that was crazy, dope boys didnt care, not many kids talked mom into paying though. Jordans werent that much. I still remember the EKIN pulling the Air Max 97's out of his duffle bag(months before release) and had that feeling like get when you saw your first Ferrari or Diamond. The game has changed a lot. A whole lot! Kinda miss the surprise of showing up, seeing what was available. Or seeing shoes that you werent that crazy about at first, but grew on you, still being able to get them a week later(without 50% markup). Nothing sold out in a day, let alone less than 10 minutes. If you'll excuse me, Ive got to change the tennis balls on my walker

Nice sneaks...congrats on the recent wedding. I'm sitting on some gamma blues for that reason myself

92 barkleys. Pops did a job for a nike exec in beaverton redoing his pool/driveway/rockwall..etc.. Use to help out after school and weekends mixing concrete and cutting stones and bricks. One day the owner approched me asking if I played sports. Replied that it was b-ball season. Dude went in his house grabbed a thick color book with all nike products and urged me to choose any shoe for basketball. Looked at my pops and he nodded. That's the day I fell in love with nike kicks.

92 barkleys. Pops did a job for a nike exec in beaverton redoing his pool/driveway/rockwall..etc.. Use to help out after school and weekends mixing concrete and cutting stones and bricks. One day the owner approched me asking if I played sports. Replied that it was b-ball season. Dude went in his house grabbed a thick color book with all nike products and urged me to choose any shoe for basketball. Looked at my pops and he nodded. That's the day I fell in love with nike kicks.

That's good stuff bro

My story is I worked all summer and wanted to buy a pair of shoes my self with out my moms help I spent my whole check on a pair of cherrywood Jordan XVI's with the matching shirt still have them somewhere in a closet

7th grade. The 1st expensive show I remember my parents getting me. Started it all. I doubled out every time I comes out.
And eastbay's restock on these about an hour and a half ago is already long gone...

The only pair of Jordans that I have sentimental value with. Jordan III's in black cement which I felt like I played the best basketball of my life in high school in but were later stolen. Had some sort of placebo effect which just made me play at another level.

And eastbay's restock on these about an hour and a half ago is already long gone...

The only pair of Jordans that I have sentimental value with. Jordan III's in black cement which I felt like I played the best basketball of my life in high school in but were later stolen. Had some sort of placebo effect which just made me play at another level.
I have 1 already on ice with 1 to wear. They're still available on eastbay, but you have to call in. I was debating on getting another to ice, but will wait to see if they re-master in OG form in 2016 for the anniversary.

I have 1 already on ice with 1 to wear. They're still available on eastbay, but you have to call in. I was debating on getting another to ice, but will wait to see if they re-master in OG form in 2016 for the anniversary.

[emoji]128064[/emoji]

Didn't know they were still available! damn I think I saw em too late. I do hope they have a remaster in 2016.

350x700px-LL-845dc729_IMAG0251.jpeg

I remember wanting this shoe so badly going into freshman year of high school and my mom refused to buy them for me. I kept begging and she finally agreed. We go to Foot Locker and they sold out already.
Matter of fact, it's almost exactly 10 years since these first dropped. Yes, mine are DS. No, I don't care.

Last edited:
my zoom lebron II white navy. i had a chance to have lunch with Ken Link in those while i got a chance to talk about my future at Nike. 

View media item 1085971
somethin about these shoes I just love. From 96 to this day. I've had em like twice. that summer of 96 was just amazing for me. 9 years old. on my bike basketball video games every day watching the bulls in the finals. not a care in the world

I actually have 2

Got denied these as a kid...and I had to get the son of gloves
laugh.gif
. When they finally did the retro I had to get 2 pairs just cause.

and the 2003 Cement Jordan 3s. First pair of Jordans I spent my hard earned money on. I wore the the hell outta those. Still have em in a box somewhere.

Last edited:
Not really sentimental but solar yeezy 2's let me know how real my love for shoes is. Knowing I could get thousands for them and not giving a damb. I just wear them like any other shoe

kid sized og bordeaux 7's in 1992...first pair of jordans/nikes I ever got...still holds a special place in my heart..

Back
Top Bottom