whats the Jordan scene like in your city!?

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Call me naive or misunderstood but...What do you all mean by "Jordan scene"??.. Is it a gathering of people wearing all kinds of J's and look at each others feet? or going to mall and break necks?? or walking in the hood showing what you got??... Seriously wack!... Just wear your J's because YOU like em not cuz you tryin to "impress" anyone else that probably has the same pair at home... When do you really see anyone rockin a fresh pair of DS OG's??.. NEVER.. Most of yall just keep your shoes in dark rooms inside boxes and never bother wearing em...which is why you see people wear Fusions...Six rings...Spizikes...and latest crappy retros... there's only a small percentage of people like "us"

Originally Posted by Smoke Cobain

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

ppl done gone crazy with the fusions down here, and it trips me out because they act like they really be doing something lol....man i hate fusions, what a way to mess up a perfect sneaker line in the Air Jordans.

it makes no sense to get them when they are just going to release a retro version of the fusions you have on your feet, the retro version of the originals that jordan balled in.

lol ppl rocking fusion 13's, when they are going to release the retro 13's that look 10 times better, or the fusion 8's, or fusion 11's, etc

quick question...how are fusions messing up this so called "PERFECT" sneaker line? When half the shoes JB brings out are crap. It does make sense to release these when they're people outside of niketalk that are actually buying them. Also the fusions cause people, like you and I, cop the retros with ease since some people are stuck with the fusion version of the retro. One last thing, DO IT REALLY MATTER WHAT THE NEXT MAN HAS ON. If thats his/her preference, then let it be.

I don't concern myself with what other ppl wear, far as skinny jeans and all of that other stuff, I really don't care, but far as fusions go it is messing up the jordan line in my opinion, because I FEEL (don't care how you feel) that it's making the die hard consumers shy away from jordans period, and I'm talking the guys that are willing to drop big bucks on OG kicks in todays time, the collectors, the guys that idolized mike and brought every colorway of each of their fav jordan sneaks, the one's that were inspired to go into the sneaker business off of MJ's shoe's alone......the money spender's, these fusions make some of us go like "man I can't stand by this and let JB keep dishing out this crap."

for the average consumer, i'm fine with them getting any shoe they want, I just think it's messing up the brand, let jordan brand stand alone, don't combine it with nothing...if it's not broke then don't fix it, I'm the last to knock what someone chooses to wear or do with their money, I just hate the shoes.

Originally Posted by Smoke Cobain

ppl done gone crazy with the fusions down here, and it trips me out because they act like they really be doing something lol....man i hate fusions, what a way to mess up a perfect sneaker line in the Air Jordans.

it makes no sense to get them when they are just going to release a retro version of the fusions you have on your feet, the retro version of the originals that jordan balled in.

lol ppl rocking fusion 13's, when they are going to release the retro 13's that look 10 times better, or the fusion 8's, or fusion 11's, etc

quick question...how are fusions messing up this so called "PERFECT" sneaker line? When half the shoes JB brings out are crap. It does make sense to release these when they're people outside of niketalk that are actually buying them. Also the fusions cause people, like you and I, cop the retros with ease since some people are stuck with the fusion version of the retro. One last thing, DO IT REALLY MATTER WHAT THE NEXT MAN HAS ON. If thats his/her preference, then let it be.

I don't concern myself with what other ppl wear, far as skinny jeans and all of that other stuff, I really don't care, but far as fusions go it is messing up the jordan line in my opinion, because I FEEL (don't care how you feel) that it's making the die hard consumers shy away from jordans period, and I'm talking the guys that are willing to drop big bucks on OG kicks in todays time, the collectors, the guys that idolized mike and brought every colorway of each of their fav jordan sneaks, the one's that were inspired to go into the sneaker business off of MJ's shoe's alone......the money spender's, these fusions make some of us go like "man I can't stand by this and let JB keep dishing out this crap."

for the average consumer, i'm fine with them getting any shoe they want, I just think it's messing up the brand, let jordan brand stand alone, don't combine it with nothing...if it's not broke then don't fix it, I'm the last to knock what someone chooses to wear or do with their money, I just hate the shoes.

I understand where you're coming from, but your missing the whole point... when it comes to business, its all about variety nowadays, think about this, mickey d's now serving angus burgers, coffee and latte's. Or Sprint, AT&T, Verizon and the other cell phone companies selling not just selling one phone but selling a variety of phones, either its a flip, prepaid, touch screen or business phones. Companies are now trying to find what consumers like and want, JB can't survive off of just retros. Also, like you said, you can't stand what JB is doing...Well find another brand to invest your hard earn money in, matter fact, be the major share holder in the business to have your say so of what to or not to do with decisions that company makes.

im probably in the minority but i kind of like some of the newer non-numbered models. trust i bought and currently own a lot of the retros that have been coming out these past 3 years, and have hit up b/s/t's and what not on all the sites gettin my collection up for a while now. so i have a fair amount of numbered jordans, even some now considered "heat"

however for example i just got a couple pairs of these flight 45 highs and i can't lie the leather and suede on these sadly is +%*%#!!# (i'm talking huge solid #+@@% too) on the quality of some of these newer retros. not to mention a more current look. so like if im hittin the bars i'd prolly sport em over for example my space jams or true blue 3s. prolly get more compliments and withstand damage a lot more and cost me less money.

Originally Posted by PhatBalla23

Ehh, here around the Northern VA region, most of the kicks you'll see are fusions or recent retros. But there are some around here who wears "heat" once in a while.

I don't know what part of Northern VA you live in, but there are TONS of people with heat where I live. Only fools with fusions are the lame dudes. And of course there are tons of folks wearing foams. You must live in another county besides fairfax-prince william county area.

Detroit is the AIR FORCE 1 capital of the world!!! Jordan scene is pretty good... Nothin goes too fast but if you snooze you lose....

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

Ehh, here around the Northern VA region, most of the kicks you'll see are fusions or recent retros. But there are some around here who wears "heat" once in a while.

I don't know what part of Northern VA you live in, but there are TONS of people with heat where I live. Only fools with fusions are the lame dudes. And of course there are tons of folks wearing foams. You must live in another county besides fairfax-prince william county area.
I'm in Annandale, which is in Fairfax County. But I rarely see people with actual "heat" besides by a couple friends and myself.
ohwell.gif

What city you live in?

Houston is big too damn big. So each side of town is its own city and culture onto it's self. There are not any older sbeakerheads out hear. They are mostly grade and college kids?

I was in my local spot the other day and saw a mother saying why were they releasing the Powder Blue 9's again. She said they were just released last year. She was talking about the fusions.

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

I'm in Annandale, which is in Fairfax County. But I rarely see people with actual "heat" besides by a couple friends and myself.
ohwell.gif

What city you live in?
I live in Woodbridge, but I used to live in Alexandria and I lived in Annadale when I was little. I've seen many folks in the Annadale area with heat. Those korean kids have the game on lock there. Sure some are hypebeast, but they still have heat.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Not alot of heat. Alot of fake XIs.... Footlocker still has all VIs and XIIs on shelf. all 5 CWs.

HA where are you from? That's what it's like in my town. I live just north of chicago in the suburbs....ALOT of fake XI's....saw a pair of white and navy blue XI's and Strawberry Red with white uppers the other day...I actually went up to the dude and was like....why are you rockin Fakes? lol he laughed...and that was all. I see Jays here and there....maybe every week or so/ but not a lot of older retros....just a bunch of D-boys with $*%* that just came out. I do be breakin necks though with some of my older 2001 retros...like my cool greys, and Bred XI's...dudes come up to me and ask "DAMN where did you get those at? are they fake?"

Same here....i don't understand. Well Put.
pimp.gif

I seen the fakest of the fake XI Breds today at walmart. It was atrocious. Atleast his boy has on real Spizikes lollll. the 23 was all the way at the top almost wrapping into inside the shoe with no space. The CF on the bottom was the bunches of tiny squares I've seen where the squares are like half the size of the normal fakes. The jumpman tag was above the fourth lace loop. The laces were regular roundones and had no thickness to him. I was wearing Mars IVs when he walked past me and he shrugged em off like he had the hottest shoes on the planet. Wish I was wearing my legit Bred XIs. Always waiting for that day when someone thinks theyre all that with fake pair when I have the real one on. I know this is my third post on the thread about my area, but the more and more I pay attention I realize it's a bunch of fakes and fusions.

Originally Posted by BigBallinBruce

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Not alot of heat. Alot of fake XIs.... Footlocker still has all VIs and XIIs on shelf. all 5 CWs.

HA where are you from? That's what it's like in my town. I live just north of chicago in the suburbs....ALOT of fake XI's....saw a pair of white and navy blue XI's and Strawberry Red with white uppers the other day...I actually went up to the dude and was like....why are you rockin Fakes? lol he laughed...and that was all. I see Jays here and there....maybe every week or so/ but not a lot of older retros....just a bunch of D-boys with $*%* that just came out. I do be breakin necks though with some of my older 2001 retros...like my cool greys, and Bred XI's...dudes come up to me and ask "DAMN where did you get those at? are they fake?"

I'm in southeastern CT. I just seen all black VIIs with white on the bottom. And my friend goes that guy is grilling your shoes bad, him and his boy. Im like good they want to buy em I got another pair to wear in the Lex.

Since I live in the yay, shoe palace, and that valley fair mall finishline where they has all those ******ed %$@ employee.
laugh.gif
especiality that cute azn chick that sold me a pair of white/infered VI early on monday.
laugh.gif
plus whenever there heats being retro, there are going to be a lot shoehead coming out of retirement for it. 
pimp.gif

Chicago use to b the spot for the sneakers now all you see is people tryin to get whatever jordan puts out either b six rings or fusion or some crayola color retro. Everytime i walked out the door with some heat somebody always tells me they cousin baby daddy can get the pair shoes i got on for 60 dollars makes a disgrace sometime to even wear jordans. Back in the day on release dates people were getting robbed and killed for mikes glad them days over with. But if you had them they show you some respect nowdays you dont get notice. One thing for certain is that i never got to worry bout a sellout CHICAGO IS FULL OF SNEAKERSPOTS. Espicially from my hood roseland gotta love a 112 and indiana.

well im in the military stationed in italy and italians dont care about jordans the tb iii's stayed on shelves for a week until signs of purchases were shown

Houston. Alottuh heat. . .sum fakes and fusions here and there. . .but mainly heat. especially w/ all tha spots. HoH. Premium Goods. Active Athlete.

Not just Air Jordans, but the shoe-game is hella big here in the Bay Area in Northern California.

I live in the suburbs in jersey but not alot of shoe heads around here. and the cats that do rock j's are mostly spizikes or fusions once in a while u'll see a decent retro but nothin special so its easy to cop even days after a release

what's good NT greetings from the north, right here in edmonton AB, the jordan scene for the most part is non-existent..
but every so often you'll see a dude rocking some heat down the street..
it doesn't help its winter half the year and YOU DON'T ROCK JORDANS IN THE SNOW!

Back
Top Bottom