What's the most ridiculous thing someone has asked you at work?

at Robeks
Me- Here (her name) have a nice day

Her- 
eek.gif
nerd.gif
 how do you know my name?!

Me- 
happy.gif

i work in a mom and pop sneaker store

Customer: um i want this shoe in a size 3 and 3.5 for my son
Me: ok well the size 3 PS is 65 and the 3.5 is gonna be 110
Customer: why you charging me more
Me: cause thats a junior size *points to big sign " JUNIORS 3.5-7"
Customer: so the bigger the size the more you have to pay
Me: yeah sir
Customer: oh so thats how Nike does it

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

in High School (15-16yrs old) I worked at TCBY, I was wearing a red work shirt, some little 11ish yr old kid walks up to me decked out in yellow and ask me if I was a "Blood," I told him no but he should ask some at Target(across hall in same mall) if they were, he walked by every 15mins or so and stared at me for the rest of the day

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
HILARIOUS!
I should have told him yeah and start throwing up signs

Originally Posted by akaValentino

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by akaValentino

"do you work here?" followed up by "you sure you work here?" then hit me with the "you must be gay then, huh?"  
eyes.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

closed-minded female clients don't ask for no help, but the DTE girls are chill and already know males give the best advice for lingerie.

"what do you think would look good on me? *spins*" "can you find me something really slutty?" "how many girls have you $#%^ so far working here?"

also euro clients don't care. they will walk out the fitting room with v-string lingerie babydolls and ask for your opinion if they sexy or not. 

other customers in store always got that 
eek.gif
 face when foreigners do that, while I'm just posted giving them the 
devil.gif
glasses.gif
 look.
I want your job.
eh, retail stock/merch flow supervisor gig @ Victoria's Secret. been doing it for 3 years and it's getting pretty tired now to be honest. 
6am shifts on sundays/mons to do floor sets(no sat night fun), dumb female co-workers talkin about drama, and simply mall life is wack. 

3+ more years of school to go. 
frown.gif
laugh.gif

very true though.

i work in it. this actually happened last week. 7am call....

"hi i think my computer is broken"
"ok what troubles are you having?"
"my keyboard is not plugged in"
"ok...um...there is actually a little usb port on the desktop where it goes in"
*in disgust* "can you just come over to fix my computer i dont know how to plug things in!"

smh

Customer comes in the door.

Cust: I need to pay my bill
Me: Cool. We only accept cash for the bill payments
Cust: Huh. Yall don't accept checks
Me:
indifferent.gif
No just cash
Cust: What about credit cards?
Me: No

This happens at least five times a week too.
laugh.gif

Just the other day a customer calls into my job and ask for a part

Me: I'm sorry sir no store in the city has your part but we can order it next day for you
Him: So your warehouse on 27th doesn't have the part?
Me: Our warehouse actually is on 74th and no the store on 27th doesn't have it no store in the city does but I can get it for you next day
Him: So your warehouse on 74th doesn't have it?
Me: SIR NO STORE IN THE CITY HAS THE PART IT'S A NEXT DAY ORDER
Him: Ok thanks anyway

Originally Posted by wisache15

Do I speak Spanish?
I dont like white or black...
indifferent.gif
Even if you don't look white or black why does that mean you can't speak Spanish?

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Euros ARE the worst! Seriously. I was in Thailand and was sick of listening to chicks that couldn't speak normal English (it gets annoying after a while, i appreciated their efforts). We decided to hit this 'foreigner' place up and it was a bunch of Russians, French and some other trash Euro's and no one could speak any English. I've never felt soooo off in my life. Being in a place surrounded by white people that couldn't speak English. Frustrating as all hell.

Why didn't you just speak Russian or French to them then?

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by wisache15

Do I speak Spanish?
I dont like white or black...
indifferent.gif
Even if you don't look white or black why does that mean you can't speak Spanish?
I guess he means that he doesn't look white or black so it's obvious that he'd speak Spanish. Either way it's dumb on his part, and a valid question to ask someone. 

Didn't work there but im sitting in a Mcdonalds on georgia ave in d.c. and a customer goes to the cashier and says "lemme get a sandwich".  The cashier is sitting there like
indifferent.gif
 because he is drunk but deadass
laugh.gif
. So the cashier says what type of sandwich would you like sir? The dude looks him in the face and says "the biggest sandwich you got".

cust- i need a frame for a picture
me- how big is the picture?
cust- you know the size of a picture
me- can you give me the size or at least estimate how big?
cust- i dont know, you tell me
me- ive never seen your picture, smh
cust- %%+@ ya
me- shakes head and laughs
cust- starts mumbling and walks out

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Euros ARE the worst! Seriously. I was in Thailand and was sick of listening to chicks that couldn't speak normal English (it gets annoying after a while, i appreciated their efforts). We decided to hit this 'foreigner' place up and it was a bunch of Russians, French and some other trash Euro's and no one could speak any English. I've never felt soooo off in my life. Being in a place surrounded by white people that couldn't speak English. Frustrating as all hell.

Word, this dude sounds like an ignorant diva
laugh.gif

Word, this dude sounds like an ignorant diva
laugh.gif

Deadass. 
Being in a place surrounded by white people that couldn't speak English. Frustrating as all hell.
Still can't believe this dude just said this.
roll.gif

This just happened at my job now and it happens all the time. It pissesme off like no other. I got in a car accident last year and got alot of pretty big scars on my arms neck and one on the side of my forehead.

Since when is it ok to ask a random stranger how he got so scarred up? Like damn I got *%+*!# up. Just focus on your dinner and mind your business.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

This just happened at my job now and it happens all the time. It pissesme off like no other. I got in a car accident last year and got alot of pretty big scars on my arms neck and one on the side of my forehead.

Since when is it ok to ask a random stranger how he got so scarred up? Like damn I got *%+*!# up. Just focus on your dinner and mind your business.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Poise3

To borrow money.

How am I gonna tell someone to get a job...when I work with them.
laugh.gif
I've had 3 co workers ask me for money in the last month. I just tell them i got bills to, they spend it on weed anyways.

I wasn't at work. But I do remember this one time at Target. I was wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes. A customer goes up and says "do you work here?". Last time I checked, 100% of the Target stores I have been to, the employees wear a red top and khaki pants.

Back
Top Bottom