What's worth it to get into a fight as an adult?

I stopped hand to hand combat when I was like 19 ...learned as a grown man most confrontations usually either just talking or guns out , no in between ( at least where I'm from )

But if someone did something to my kid, destruction to serious property like house or cars, or stealing something I care about then I'd put the paws on em

Last edited:
Damb bruh.. how somebody run over your bike.. start yelling at you... And your guard is still down so he was actually able to suckerpunch you? You need situational awareness and self defense training. You are are food out there.
I was in the middle of picking up my bicycle as he punched me 
laugh.gif

He rammed my bicycle into the middle of the street so I picked it up first to get it out of the way for traffic.

This was a fairly busy street with lots of witnesses so I wasn't expecting him to actually throw hands, especially while I'm still busy picking up my bike.

The second he punched me he ran back in his car and sped off.

Dude would probably try to kill me if he saw me again after all the charges I filed on him 
laugh.gif

Regardless even if I was paying more attention I wouldn't have fought back anyway.

Fighting back makes my police charges less credible. I may've lost the fight but that person now has permanent charges on his record so who really lost?

Not to mention all the fines he had to pay the police.

Last edited:
See that's what scares me too. This kid could be like you and provoke me to the point where I beat the **** out of him, then not even fight back and just **** my life up since he knows I have a good life and he has nothing to lose.

i try to resist fights its just not worth it plus im not a young buck anymore and dont want to catch a charge... but if someone hit me first of course im a defend myself

See that's what scares me too. This kid could be like you and provoke me to the point where I beat the **** out of him, then not even fight back and just **** my life up since he knows I have a good life and he has nothing to lose.
That's why fighting should be left in the highschool days. Once you're past 18 dudes gotta realize that you can't always just get away with it without any serious consequences.

It's not that I intentionally provoke anyone, I usually try to avoid any sort of confrontation. I'm an extremely calm and collected person, I don't really get mad at anything.

If someone decides they want to take it there I tell them that I won't fight back and just file charges. Outside of the bicycle incident I've never been touched and I've been threatened plenty of times in bars/clubs by people trying to pick fights over nothing.

never really been in a serious fight myself...im 23 now...waiting for someone to push me tho but i'm just a normal unassuming person people don't really threaten/feel threatened by me so its never that kind of situation 
laugh.gif
 i'm just a casual human being who tries to be cool with everyone

What does his background or current lifestyle have to do with it?  Like what difference does it make that he owes people money, *gasp!!!* including his own roommate?!?!?! NO WAY! You listed all that stuff about him like you are trying to compensate or justify something to yourself. 

You have to stand your ground. Not throwing the first punch ain't the same as not being a ***** and biting your tongue when he gets in your face. There's no age that's too old to be fighting anymore. You just have to ask your pride and your body which one of y'all ready to get hurt.

^ OP has more to lose than his antagonist. That's the point, mi bredren.

You don't really know that though. You have no idea what the other man had to lose. And the reality is, getting in a fight on the court all you have to lose is access to the gym. No one is calling the police for a court fight

Grown men don't just get into "court fights" b...

****** get knocked out and bones broken ... That's the possibility you risk.

Most of the fights that you encounter when your an adult is not worth it. Unless someone seriously threatens your family and your loved ones. Try to avoid it its silly at the end.

If there's one thing I learned.. When you have something to lose (job, career, etc.) you can never go to war with someone that doesn't.

Crab in a bucket mentality, you made the right call.

Last edited:
You have to stand your ground. Not throwing the first punch ain't the same as not being a ***** and biting your tongue when he gets in your face. There's no age that's too old to be fighting anymore. You just have to ask your pride and your body which one of y'all ready to get hurt.
I pride myself more on not giving in to provocations more than I would giving in and getting into a fight.

I don't need to throw hands to stand my ground. I stand my ground by being the better man.

If someone provoking you gets to you to the point where you fight them they've already won.

Last edited:

What does his background or current lifestyle have to do with it?  Like what difference does it make that he owes people money, *gasp!!!* including his own roommate?!?!?! NO WAY! You listed all that stuff about him like you are trying to compensate or justify something to yourself. 
Everything he listed are valid reasons for him to not involve himself in a situation like that.

Why would a dude that has a life with something going for him risk it to fight someone that doesn't? What world you living in papi
nerd.gif

Damb bruh.. how somebody run over your bike.. start yelling at you... And your guard is still down so he was actually able to suckerpunch you? You need situational awareness and self defense training. You are are food out there.
I was in the middle of picking up my bicycle as he punched me 
laugh.gif

He rammed my bicycle into the middle of the street so I picked it up first to get it out of the way for traffic.

This was a fairly busy street with lots of witnesses so I wasn't expecting him to actually throw hands, especially while I'm still busy picking up my bike.

The second he punched me he ran back in his car and sped off.

Dude would probably try to kill me if he saw me again after all the charges I filed on him 
laugh.gif

Regardless even if I was paying more attention I wouldn't have fought back anyway.

Fighting back makes my police charges less credible. I may've lost the fight but that person now has permanent charges on his record so who really lost?

Not to mention all the fines he had to pay the police.
OH..you're in belgium....

in any major city in america the police wouldn't have done much after taking your police report...

too many more serious crimes to worry about than a single punch and a broken bike

How many fights have yall been in? How manys Ws and Ls?

8 dubs and 1 and a half Ls for me.

And i dont even make the sound effects when i hit. I just keep sayin cussin

OH..you're in belgium....

in any major city in america the police wouldn't have done much after taking your police report...

too many more serious crimes to worry about than a single punch and a broken bike
I live in a rural area so the cops don't really have much else to do anyway.

I went to the police station with my medical report stating I suffered a concussion from the punch the same day.

Whole thing was handled within a week.

The cops are in on it too. They knew damn well my medical report was bogus and I didn't actually get a concussion.

They even explicitly told me that. 

Last edited:
As you get older and have more to lose you realize that it's not worth it. I def have a temper but I've always been able to hold out unless someone attempts to put hands on me. Quote from my pops "where my nose begins your freedom ends." I've pretty much lived that.

Often times I find that it's younger dudes who are quick to get buck. Happened last weekend at Marvins in DC. Dude tried to flex for whatever reason after bumping into me. His boy pulled him away and came back and apologized because he saw I wasn't playing. Dude was just steady yapping. I had stopped talking and was already prepping scenarios if he attempted to use the hands lol.
It was only for self defense not to initiate.

How many fights have yall been in? How manys Ws and Ls?

8 dubs and 1 and a half Ls for me.

And i dont even make the sound effects when i hit. I just keep sayin cussin
A lot of L's if you want to count fights with my older brother, probably beaten him maybe once in my life but it was wrestling though. Used the wall to remanuever myself and put him in a chokehold
laugh.gif

Probably been in 2 serious fights (HS), both W's. Rest is just boxing with my boys, dont count those either they were never overly serious.

Dont plan on being in another for the rest of my life if possible:
Most of the fights that you encounter when your an adult is not worth it. Unless someone seriously threatens your family and your loved ones. Try to avoid it its silly at the end.
+1

If something instantly pops off involving me or my people I'll fight. Usually it's a lot of popping off though and I don't got time for that. Two sides hyping each other up when no one really wants to fight. I'll just turn around and walk away at that point :lol:

So yeah unless it immediately needs to be handled or some dude slaps me or something I'm probably not throwing hands anymore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom