What's wrong with Essence magazine

ninja the type of person who claims plantains are a staple of his culture yet doesn't realize that plantains aren't native to his 'motherland'

ninja the type of person who claims plantains are a staple of his culture yet doesn't realize that plantains aren't native to his 'motherland'
Yup, be we not gon speak on dat becuz da looming census shows da proof b

Bruh what regular person even cares about a census? Bruh priorites al kinds of messed up. Rent Control apartment, IG thots, Male rapper gossip, Da census, 98 nike retros that sit in outlets, and constantly saying you not black when you is. Bruh you got to be at least 30 now and look how you behave. That Doc of you a few years back just made me cry

View media item 753787

I read his posts and I think he believes what he says, but then I watched this video and feel like I'm being trolled becsuse I find it hard to believe that this guy means half of what he writes on here. I'm baffled. No disrespect either. I just can't make sense of it. Agree to disagree I guess.

Last edited:
[emoji]128564[/emoji] anything else? da census is power in numbers quantified. Hispanics finally being represented in their own box without having people with their own alterior motives steering us elsewhere.

we good b, we on this side now, holla.

[emoji]128564[/emoji] anything else? da census is power in numbers quantified. Hispanics finally being represented in their own box without having people with their own alterior motives steering us elsewhere.

we good b, we on this side now, holla.
Explain the Mr Potatoe head bruh

I read his posts and I think he believes what he says, but then I watched this video and feel like I'm being trolled becsuse I find it hard to believe that this guy means half of what he writes on here. I'm baffled. No disrespect either. I just can't make sense of it. Agree to disagree I guess.

making videos about how much weight a sneaker box can withstand. what a time to be alive

ya running outta gas...
laugh.gif

was wrong, Census got ya tongue?
laugh.gif
Bruh your the only human being who cares bout that. We long estalished that you can pick what ever race/color or what ever options you want on that. If you want to be asian, cool, if you say your just hispanic cool.

Hower FACTS say your a african that speaks spanish.

I guess people like Rosie Perez, Tego Calderon, etc. who openly love and accept their blackness are idiots who don't recognize the power and importance of da census.

i guess they are if u know da real history...

The Invention of Hispanics
By MARLON BISHOP AND CAMILO VARGAS MAY 2, 2014 IDENTITY
6.3K13160

Razapark2-e1399053629548
Before 1970, the US Census Bureau classified Mexican, Cuban and Puerto Rican immigrants as whites. Each community of Latin American origin would go by their nationality and by the region where they lived in the United States. But all that changed in the seventies, as activists began lobbying the US Census Bureau to create a broad, national category that included all these communities. The result was the creation of the term “Hispanic”, first introduced in the US Census in 1970.

Then it was up to Spanish-language media to get the word out. The network that would later become Univision released this series of ads calling on “Hispanics” to fill out the 1980 Census. The ads feature “Hispanic” sports stars and… Big Bird:

By the 1990s, Univision was creating the images and sounds associated to Hispanics in the US. The 1990 Census ads feature the likes of Tito Puente and Celia Cruz telling Hispanics to fill out el censo:

Maria Hinojosa interviews author and scholar G. Cristina Mora about origins of the term, the people that crafted it, and what it actually means to be Hispanic in the United States today.

http://latinousa.org/2014/05/02/invention-hispanics/

its because hispanic groups DEMANDED it we getting own category 2020, not being lumped with whites or blacks being under represented.

thats progress para los latinos mundial

Last edited:
ninja talking like this move by the government is a sign of progression. government officials are probably laughing and saying go ahead and give them their own. it's meaningless issues like this that distract people like ninja who don't think there is bigger social oppression going on.

Last edited:
I've asked here if Equatoguineans, Cape Verdeans, Mozambicans, and Angolans are also included in the Hispanic category.

I have yet to get an answer.

Are they also waiting for da 2020 census?

Last edited:
laugh all u want...till Hispanics outnumber everybody else in da Census...then you'll see what happens when we control da budgets :lol:

2020..wait on it :pimp:

you honestly make the humble hispanic/latin people feel shameful. at least for me knowing that you pride yourself more on just because you speak the language and not the ugly history behind it.

Last edited:
anything else? otherwise ya can catch us Hispanics/latinos in our own census category making power moves in 2020 :pimp:

no more getting pulled from da white & black side...ya can make ya own babies instead of trying to draft us based on skin color :lol:

anything else? otherwise ya can catch us Hispanics/latinos in our own census category making power moves in 2020 :pimp:

no more getting pulled from da white & black side...ya can make ya own babies instead of trying to draft us based on skin color :lol:

so what did you choose in the previous census ? you still haven't answered

you act like americans are the only ones so kean on race relations, yet you are so hung up on being your own separate box and identify.

Last edited:
you support trump and he is known anti minority. the level of hypocrisy in you quite sad.

so what did you choose in the previous census ? you still haven't answered

"some other race"

as most other Hispanics did, hence y we got our own category now... cheers :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom