What's your current dilemma?

All signs are pointing to me not getting my dream job and it blows. Feels like I've wasted two years of my life. Then on top of it my current employer is trying to basically hand me a promotion but I hate it here, I dont want to be here, but I am probably going to take it. I'm still going to be looking and I would feel bad if I left right after I took a job and they spend time training me for it, but I gotta think about number 1

Trying to find a way to make some extra money during the week off I have between the semester ending and my internship.

Going to fail a class that I can't retake again unless I get an A on the next exam and final. If I get a B or lower on either, I'm going to fail.

I don't think I'm gonna make it. If I don't pass, I'll have to switch majors.
man @luckyp824 you better kill that test. get the heck of NT
I remember making this post a month ago.

quick backstory:

I screwed up so bad in the first half by barely going to class. Failed the first exam, missed homeworks and quizzes. I had an 'F' mid-semester grade.

I worked really hard off to catch up on the material and did alright after that. Started getting As, Bs, and Cs on everything. I worked out my grade and everything was going to ride on the final so I studied my *** off for it. I still ended up getting a D on it. I felt like crap. I knew it was all over. I calculated my final grade using the syllabus and it was a 59%. Even best case scenario with him dropping the lowest test, lowest quiz, lowest homework, curving up the final exam, I would still end up with a D. I ran through every possibility with my grades and every scenario I still failed. I was so deflated after putting so much into the second half to try to pass.

Just checked my grade this morning and I passed. I have absolutely no idea how.

I feel like I just won an NBA championship.

kobe-s-celebration-game-7-o.gif

Last edited:
^^^my man! Proud of you dawg! Keep your faith and grind and you'll be fine, there's a plan out here for you all you gotta do is your part to execute it. Hopefully you can relax for summer though

So, you pulled out a C?  Congrats!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm in a similar boat with two classes.  Hoping I pulled out a C to pass them, really did bad in my last semester
mean.gif

So, you pulled out a C?  Congrats!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm in a similar boat with two classes.  Hoping I pulled out a C to pass them, really did bad in my last semester
mean.gif
Yeah, a C-
laugh.gif
. Literally jumped on my bed celebrating like a little kid when I saw it. So rewarding.

Drowning in calculus proofs. Some next level math that is the hardest course I've ever taken

Haven't been to church since 2013 easter... I know it's a problem, won't solve it...

I just started the 9-5 grind doing defense contracting and I absolutely hate my job. Every week I'm just counting down the minutes until Friday. I look around at everyone else and they seem generally happy and engaged and I don't get how anyone can enjoy this office life. I want to follow my childhood dream of becoming a writer but I don't have the courage nor the motivation. I haven't written anything in months. I go to the gym after work every day and then I have maybe 2 hours to myself before bed, wake up dreading doing the same thing over. Life is getting more and more repetitive and uninteresting. I live for the weekends, and even though I go hard Friday and Saturday, it's only 2 enjoyable days and then back to misery every week. I miss the freedom and free time I had in college. It's hard coming to grips with the fact that I'm basically just living to work until I die. I get this general sense of pointlessness, boredom, and feeling that life has no purpose all the time. I feel like there has to be something more to life but there really isn't. I get lonely feelings all the time, even though I have lots of friends and get plenty of girls (although never had a serious relationship). I kinda like this new chick I just started hanging out with but I don't think I can ever give up my yamb smashing ways. Sometimes I feel like I have depression but I feel like my life is way too good to be depressed. I have no real actual problems and generally have a great life with heath and well being and a great future ahead of me, (don't even have any debt from school) but never feel content for some reason. I just can't be satisfied and can't reach complete and actual happiness.

This is really just venting for me, I don't have any real dilemmas especially compared to some other people in here, but it feels nice to get it off my chest.
Whoa, this is really interesting to read after 6 months at my current job. I wrote this in the first few weeks of getting hired in my first job out of college. UPDATE: I still hate my job and I plan on quitting in the near future. Gave up on my writing dreams but started pursuing my other passion with music and have been doing paid shows and releasing mixtapes/albums. Current dilemma is deciding whether or not to move into the city (DC) to be closer to the music scene and have a much better social life, or staying in NOVA with my engineer/producer roommate. Also how to quit my job and have a reliable income while I pursue music. Hmmm

Whoa, this is really interesting to read after 6 months at my current job. I wrote this in the first few weeks of getting hired in my first job out of college. UPDATE: I still hate my job and I plan on quitting in the near future. Gave up on my writing dreams but started pursuing my other passion with music and have been doing paid shows and releasing mixtapes/albums. Current dilemma is deciding whether or not to move into the city (DC) to be closer to the music scene and have a much better social life, or staying in NOVA with my engineer/producer roommate. Also how to quit my job and have a reliable income while I pursue music. Hmmm
I'm from the area brah, link to your music?

Back
Top Bottom