When did you know Jay-Z fell off?

He's too good to ever be over...He just half-***** it stuff these days.

I want dude to make some grown man music, and stop chasing the kids.

(but yea: BP3 and MCHG get like no spins from me....very disappointing)

Last edited:
Dude is still doing things other rappers have never done..See the tour with Beyonce breaking records everywhere.

Dude changed the way rappers put out music, which every big act has followed since with the "new rules".

Lol.. I don't get how someone can fall off when he's still leading the pack.

Guess y'all rather he drop love with some cocoa or get on a migos remix to be "hot" right?

When he "retired" with the Black album.

This all the way. Kingdom Come really soured me on dude, but American Gangster is my ****, love that album. However because it was ultimately a soundtrack to the movie IMO he can't keep that coke talk up forever he so far removed from there

Like others have said he does put out good music, but to me his albums aren't complete fire like they used to be . Good songs can be found on all the ones since AG, but its far and few between.

You can't be on top forever or have the same can't miss steak. I appreciate dude for the works he's done the gems from time to time. All the greatest enter their twilight years, its how they handle those years that really determine things.

When he linked with Beyonce. Before then, I was always anticipating Jay-Z albums. After that, I only bought them cause I'm a long time fan and give the benefit of the doubt. But besides American Gangster, Jay-Z has been dropping mostly filler-laden, forgettable, mediocre, and at best, decent projects since BP2. I think Eminem and Ludacris are the only ones who dropped more mediocre music than Jay, or it seems that way cause they've made some downright awful stuff

Truth.

I remember my girl at the time was all excited about Jay and Beyoncé being a thing. I just remember thinking if she likes it, this won't end well. :lol:

And that god awful '03 Bonnie & Clyde was the start of the ending of my Jay stan-dom. Since then I've had almost no desire to hear new stuff from him. AG was surprisingly nice though.

said it once, i'll say it again. the mass amount of hate for jay-z simply acknowledges he still that dude.

I mean, hell, didn't one of you start up a low key jay hate thread last week? lol

no ones heard a F'n peep outta him recently and he hasn't dropped an album in damn near 2 years, yet he's averaging 1 hate thread per week on NT.

long live the king. :lol:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Like it or not, Jay is the Beatles, U2, etc of hip hop. He clearly doesn't flow with the same aggression he once had and his subject matter has changed, but then if he still rapped the same as he did in the past, this thread would still be made :lol:. Regardless what u say, every album he's released after TBA, has had some bangers on it.

Last edited:
When I heard "Life Is Good". That's a grown man album, you can hear songs and apply that **** to your everyday struggles as a man. Whether its money, women or whatever. He made a great album at his age. Then it made me revisit Jay's last few albums and realize he wasn't saying a damn thing and it wasn't good at all.

WTT was the nail in the coffin. Jay is a better rapper than Kanye but I couldn't even listen to his verses on WTT. He sounded so old and out of touch. Like that old man still trying to dress young and fit in.

I bought every Jay album except for WTT and MCHG. Ended up tossing them all out. Can't listen to him anymore.

Like it or not, Jay is the Beatles, U2, etc of hip hop. He clearly doesn't flow with the same aggression he once had and his subject matter has changed, but then if he still rapped the same as he did in the past, this thread would still be made :lol:. Regardless what u say, every album he's released after TBA, has had some bangers on it.

ya'll quoting the gawd for my Nas comments when I referenced him sounding old.

..I specifically said on the sporadic feature spots he gets.

his flow has gotten very stale to me.
the premier rappers of the new class (Cole, Drake, Kendrick) all have records with Jay.
they recognize his stature in the game and his contributions.
how can you fall of when everyone still wants you featured on their tracks? lol

"....I never cried when 'Pac died, but I probably will when HOV does. And if my tears hold value then I would drop one for every single thing he showed us" --- Aubrey

Ya'll better pay that man respect.
these threads have become senseless at this point.

Spot on.

He's in the God Tier. People may be hot and cold on him...but they still listen...because its Jay Z. Even if you don't like him...you're going to listen to whatever he puts out.

Spot on.

He's in the God Tier. People may be hot and cold on him...but they still listen...because its Jay Z. Even if you don't like him...you're going to listen to whatever he puts out.

This isn't even kind of true.

I don't listen to dude at all don't check for none of his ****.

said it once, i'll say it again. the mass amount of hate for jay-z simply acknowledges he still that dude.

I mean, hell, didn't one of you start up a low key jay hate thread last week? lol

no ones heard a F'n peep outta him recently and he hasn't dropped an album in damn near 2 years, yet he's averaging 1 hate thread per week on NT.

long live the king. :lol:

This isn't even kind of true.

I don't listen to dude at all don't check for none of his ****.
You can front for NT. But we all know you've listened to at least one of his last few albums. Even if you skimmed thru it...you heard that ****.

Nah I believe him. I can name a bunch of artists whos albums I dont even check for, skim through, none of that, and these are artists who would be deemed Major/have clout/what have you. For example I havent heard one song off Life is Good nor do I care to.

Nah I believe him. I can name a bunch of artists whos albums I dont even check for, skim through, none of that, and these are artists who would be deemed Major/have clout/what have you. For example I havent heard one song off Life is Good nor do I care to.

Why would you of all people listen to "Life Is Good" though? I wouldn't expect you to listen to a Nas album ever.

I don't listen to Jay anymore but I've heard MCHG and I can say it's a pile of ****. A 44 year old man talking about his lavish lifestyle, his paintings and all kinds of ******** that 20 year olds are gonna eat up with some current producers.

I think fans and haters of Jay have set the bar too high, expect too much out of him. He's been dropping some average and even below average albums these past few years.

We ain't talking nor do we care about his personal life dudes... What he eat don't make u ish. This talk from everyone that he has money or with Beyoncé or still sell records has nothing to do with anything. All we care bout is the music and the music he makes is garbage now. Plain and simple...

You can front for NT. But we all know you've listened to at least one of his last few albums. Even if you skimmed thru it...you heard that ****.

Nope, only Jay songs i hear are via radio or the joints he's on with beyonce that my wife plays.

I've never been a fan of dude tho so i don't have a reason to start checking for him now.

Last edited:
Not really. WTT is the only Jay-Z album I've fully listened to and if we're being honest that was more a Kanye album with some Jay features than a joint project.
Not everyone cares about Jay Z.
I'm sure many people don't even bother checking some major artists' albums.

J Cole is big, Eminem is still huge. Those are two major artists I do not bother checking for and certainly don't care enough about to download their new albums.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom