When did you know Jay-Z fell off?

I dumb down for my audience and double my dollars
They criticize me for it yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold truth be told
I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I want to rhyme like Common Sense (But I did five Mil)
I ain't been rhyming like Common since

Nah I believe him. I can name a bunch of artists whos albums I dont even check for, skim through, none of that, and these are artists who would be deemed Major/have clout/what have you. For example I havent heard one song off Life is Good nor do I care to.
Why would you of all people listen to "Life Is Good" though? I wouldn't expect you to listen to a Nas album ever.

I don't listen to Jay anymore but I've heard MCHG and I can say it's a pile of ****. A 44 year old man talking about his lavish lifestyle, his paintings and all kinds of ******** that 20 year olds are gonna eat up with some current producers.

I think fans and haters of Jay have set the bar too high, expect too much out of him. He's been dropping some average and even below average albums these past few years.
I've heard Illmatic and Stillmatic. If Nas was really putting out music that wowed me I would listen but he's not. I've even given Nas props on occasion his verse on Triple Beam Dreams was dope.

You're just out to hate on Jay Z based off some personal vendetta. Surprised you havent posted the trash can picture yet.

I'm just out to hate Jay? Nah, I **** around and do some trolling just to piss some of you off but I've been serious in this thread. Either way, you saying you haven't checked out LIG isn't surprising to anyone on here. I bought BP3 just because I bought all his music and it wasn't good. Almost didn't even download MCHG but a few people said it was great. Downloaded it, played it once and tossed it. Couldn't tell the difference between that album or BP3. Can't listen to the guy anymore.

This isn't even kind of true.

I don't listen to dude at all don't check for none of his ****.

You're not acknowledging the point. Fact of the matter is, when an artist is of Jay's status, he becomes such a polarizing figure. He essentially forces extremes on his music +/-

Y'all been going hard on Hov lately. Nas birthday coming up soon? I'm surprised people are saying he fell off after Kingdom Come. He did release American Gangster which is one the best albums in his career. BP3 was a prety good album too. I think some of you are going to far in criticizing him. Out of all the rappers that dropped in the 90's he's the only one who still keeps me interested. Yes that includes Em and Nas. He just needs to be more focused than he was on his last album and he's back on top. He still sells albums like crazy and still keeps the hits coming. Some the criticism falls on deaf ears when he remains so successful at what he's doing.

Last edited:
You're not acknowledging the point. Fact of the matter is, when an artist is of Jay's status, he becomes such a polarizing figure. He essentially forces extremes on his music +/-

What are you talking about?

His point was love him or hate him you're gonna listen and that's not true.

The people who are caping for Jay are wasting time in here. Clearly this thread is intended for people who feel Jay fell off. It amazes me how people will argue their opinion likes it's going to somehow change the next mans stance. Using the word "hate" is ridiculous as well, just because a person has an opinion doesn't mean they're hating.

The people who are caping for Jay are wasting time in here. Clearly this thread is intended for people who feel Jay fell off. It amazes me how people will argue their opinion likes it's going to somehow change the next mans stance. Using the word "hate" is ridiculous as well, just because a person has an opinion doesn't mean they're hating.

"Just because a person has an opinion doesn't mean they're hating"

Calls people with the opposite opinion "caping"

After American Gangster his albums have been decent with little reply value. And his worse album Kingdom Come was before that. American Gangster is a classic to me but that's 1 outta his last 4 albums that I still play. WTT is still real good but that's not a official Jay album. I don't think Jay fell off lyrically cuz his features are still dope. Dudes like Jay, Nas and Em can rap forever it's just that the music might not always be good.
thread/

Jay has dropped ONE QUALITY album in the 12 years since Black Album came out.

Being an ELITE MC is something that's continual. Being ELITE 10 years ago doesn't make you elite now.

Other than his core fans (who are in denial), who is anticipating new work from this guy?

8 years between your last quality solo effort and now? 8 years in hip hop is like 20 years. That's 2 generations of MCs that have passed. When Jay's last good album dropped the President was white.

Nah I believe him. I can name a bunch of artists whos albums I dont even check for, skim through, none of that, and these are artists who would be deemed Major/have clout/what have you. For example I havent heard one song off Life is Good nor do I care to.

WOW...guess you'll continue to miss out on great music then. Daughters >>> Any Jay song after BP3.

Anyway, all these lil Jay stans in here are missing the point. Dudes are talking about "falling off" as in musically not monetarily. Jay will ALWAYS have money so he'll never "fall off" in that regard but musically, he's BEEN garbage. Let me know when the last time Jay put out a record and dudes went :wow: off the first listen.

its just the production when it comes to jay z career from ski to swizz timbaland pharrell just blaze to kanye its always been the production thats what Nas has missed his entire career the good producers= longevity 

Now dudes are just making up EXCUSES as to Jay's success, and the lack of others success. Talking about producers.....those same producers other rappers have access to and have worked with, yet those rappers still haven't had the same success. Or better yet should I say been "fell off" and can't create a current hit to stay afloat.

Jay is trash
He needs to tour with his more popular wife
And do an album with her to even stay in people's minds and to stay relevant
He a bum straight up
His music has ZERO substance to it
It's musical booty juice

Last edited:
It's also crazy to me how jays verse about nas
About his albums
Has now been a reflection on himself

Jay is a 46 year old father now let the GOAT Live he is a wealthy old man in 2015 not the 1995 Shawn Carter still in Marcy PJs

When I think of rappers that "fell off"... I think of DMX, Ludacris, Nelly, 50 Cent,

then I think of to a lesser extent maybe Lil Wayne TI, Jeezy Rick Ross, Game

Then you got rappers like anybody from Wu Tang, Bun B, Scarface, Jadakiss, Beanie Sigel etc that may release music and nobody outside of their niche following will care.

Jay announce an album tom and he will be more anticipated than anybody I have named. His album will be better to a lot of people than anyone I have named.

So again how did he fall off?

When I think of rappers that "fell off"... I think of DMX, Ludacris, Nelly, 50 Cent,

then I think of to a lesser extent maybe Lil Wayne TI, Jeezy Rick Ross, Game

Then you got rappers like anybody from Wu Tang, Bun B, Scarface, Jadakiss, Beanie Sigel etc that may release music and nobody outside of their niche following will care.

Jay announce an album tom and he will be more anticipated than anybody I have named. His album will be better to a lot of people than anyone I have named.

So again how did he fall off?

You can do that when you living off legacy, plus all those rappers you mentioned cant get a ye or bey cosign anytime they feel like it

Back
Top Bottom