Which Internet Provider is the best?

I'm in need of a farely cheap internet provider. I decided that i no longer need to be paying 150+ to just watch ESPN & HBO so ill just be using my internet service

I left Time Warner and went with Fios

I pay $4 more per month and have 3 times faster internet (wired not wireless though) and all of the channels :smh:

Was paying $176 and change with Time Warner and now $181 and change with Fios.

Plus I get like $15 off per month with my job on my monthly bill.

I must warn you though your first bill with Fios will be a lot :wow:

The following three months also, but after that it goes to the regular price you agreed on.

It depends on where you live. People can give you their internet provider and reasons why it's the best, but if it is unavailable in your area what's the point

google fiber but its only available in like Kansas City
Yep.  Once they expand though they'll give FiOs a real run for their money.  Verizon will have to stop their tiered service proposals and other poor service shenanigans.

Is it really THAT much faster i've had fios at my past crib but i was on a old desktop so i never really got the effects of the speed

I can tell you one thing Verizon got to be the worst of all time and no fios available in my area makes it even worst

Last edited:
Verizon Fios, for the speed, but it is expensive as **** if you don't have a bundle.

Comcast, for the price. If Fios is in your area they will cut you ridiculous deals but by threatening to leave them :lol:

Cox and Time Warner have to be neck and neck for the worst.

You just have to figure out which service is best in your area.

I used to work for Verizon Fios as a tech support agent. Some people would get crappy service, and others would get amazing service.

I've been with Cox for the past 13 years, if my current life plans go through and we move to my fiancee's hometown we're going to sign up for the municipal Fiber service, they offer up to 1gbps up/down BUT it's ridiculously expensive.

Internet : Package & Pricing Guide

Speed Levels & Details

3x3 - $19.95*

3 Mbps (download & upload)

*Only available with the purchase of additional services.

---------------------------------------------

15x15 - $34.95

15 Mbps (download & upload)

40x40 - $49.95

40 Mbps (download & upload)

75x75 - $99.95

75 Mbps (download & upload)

100x100 - $199.95

100 Mbps (download & upload)

1000x1000 - $999.95

1000 Mbps or 1 Gbps (download & upload)

I got time warner, but it's the only high speed available in my complex. I think it's 10 down 2 or 3 up and I'm getting no where near that speed, but I do have a router with one or two wifi devices on it. I tried port forwarding and it did absolutely nothing |I

The service is good enough to download torrents and play live etc. but I max out at like 2 mb when I speed test through the router :wow: :stoneface: :x :smh:

It's not too bad for $50 for a month, but good thing is I'll be moving out around december/january so the next place I'm checking to make sure fios is available before even moving in for real.

Fios also has I think the best cable T.V., my dad switched over from dish and the picture quality actually got a bit better on the same exact plasma tv.

Back
Top Bottom