Who else will admit to buying a pair out of hype??

Originally Posted by Dukes 1800

I think the hype is what caught my attention to the shoe game in the first place

I hear you but I don't completely agree. I rarely buy anything with a limited tagCause I just don't feel like camping to pay retail or paying reseller pricesI will admit that the chase is what initially got me interested in Jays.Living in NY and wearing a size 12 makes it kinda difficult to alwaysget what you want. Now I rely on good connectionsI've made over the years, but even then nothing is promised!

I'm not a big fan of the Penny IV's, but I was collecting Penny's so I had to get up on em.

Within only the past few years, the only ones I've bought are the Tour IV's and Blk/Univ. blue V's. All my other Jordans are either the originals or 1st retro.  This onslaught of re-retro/re-releases is way too much for me.  My '01 True Blues, '00 Midnight Navy VI's, 99 Columbia IV's are enough to make me stay away from the madness.  

Everyone does it at some point... and the main ones that preach against it are most likely the main ones Hypin

i copped almost all the colorways of the XXIII,All stars,Black/Stealth,White/Stealth,White/red,Stealth/Gold cuz it was last numbered shoes, got two pairs of as allstars, the size 11 thats deadstock have a messed up tounge
frown.gif
ive never worn them, anyone else have that problem?

I like to think I don't buy outta hype because I really do wear every pair I buy but I did buy the white/baby blue 11 lows in 01. Wound up giving em away a few weeks later lol.

I dunno about hype but after a local hype of the XXS-i became obsessed and kept getting them-I believe the XX 3/4 were probably my lowest moment of J buying-never liked them after the first week,never wore them, couldn't sell them for a fair get back-noone on here would touch 'em,just a loss-I finally just ebayed them BIN for $70-the XX Lows were also not my shining moment allthough I found them to be quite comfortable-after al the crazines-the stealths and Qs are the only ones that count. I still love those. My first pair of XIVs were strictly out of hype, grew to love XIVs tho. I can admit to buying a bunch off hype but they're all gone now -thats tells the true story.

only pair i've ever slightly purchased out of hype was the yotr 7s, but i still like them and wanted them with or without the hype being there

Back
Top Bottom