Who is your style inspiration?

I think its more about my surrounding... and stuff I like

usually wear the clothes I "feel" like wearing. If I feel fly that day, Ill usually try to look good surroundings considered

Show us what styles have you set?...

EVERYTIME this topic comes up it cracks me up, you got dudes claiming they never follow any trends and try have their own style, wether you know it or not, everyone flows some trend, wether is outdated or not that's te question....stop fooling yourself thinking you some trendsetter....to set trends people have to know who you are first.
i didnt say i have set trends,

but i'd rather do my own thing, not wait for the latest instagram craze to be posted so that i can run out and get that..some of that stuff some folks only rock it cuz of the brand name or cuz of who was wearing it..that thread is a perfect example..

i go to the store if i like it i cop it..

i dont whip out my phone to see if anyone "cool" is wearing it or if its "in" at the moment..

idk, i just think of something i want to wear, then i check the threads/magazines for it, i dont really get caught up in brand names at all and i definitely dont try to wear what other people wear because what looks cool on them, LOOKS COOL ON THEM, i dont want everything i see and think looks cool

View media item 219198
Darius Lovehall...saw Love Jones in 2000 and I just thought he was the coolest chillest brother in the world. I swayed from that image in my teen years and but I've started drifting back that whole Love Jones flow.

eric koston mixed with a little classy here and there. mostly koston

Last edited:
I just try to focus on the fit and comfort while making it look good so I'm inspired by anyone who wears things that fit well

I don't really "dress up" til the winter

like the other dude said, I love sweaters, jackets, hoodies, vests, button downs and rugbys

outside of that its camo shorts and polo v necks all year round til winter

I live in houston so heat and humidity makes me dress up less

The local D-boyz.
this used to be it.

but since im a 80's baby all da way here's all my favorite eras where i keep it.

carhart-456-092910_452x304.jpg

120411-nwa.png

mobb_deep.jpg

6a01287586a2aa970c0167678adae1970b-800wi

tumblr_mcg93bzF1T1rwtmjqo1_500.jpg

slam+ice+t+bulls.jpg

masevibe.gif

classic style from late-80's to about 1998ish

everything else basically been a re-hash since.

No one really, just see pieces and outfites thats dope and try to mimic something similar color wise/clothing wise and wear if it works.

No one really, just see pieces and outfites thats dope and try to mimic something similar color wise/clothing wise and wear if it works.
thats exactly what da title of da thread suggests.

context is important to me too, so ill keep that in mind.

seriously, i get the things "I" like not whats hot in magazines and on social media..thats being a straight up follower..i thought only girls did that..

my point of style is to have my own..not to do what everyone else is doing..i thought you fashion savvy guys did ya own thing..

id rather be a trendsetter..

seriously, i get the things "I" like not whats hot in magazines and on social media..thats being a straight up follower..i thought only girls did that..

my point of style is to have my own..not to do what everyone else is doing..i thought you fashion savvy guys did ya own thing..

id rather be a trendsetter..

"No ideas original, there's nothing new under da sun, its not what you do but how its done"

Back
Top Bottom