Who saw that NIGHTLINE segment on Sneakerheads?

is this real life? ...

if that's what a sneakerhead is now then count me out. that program wasant about shoes either, it was about money. you could substitute the shoes with any other item and get the same result.

if you are in this hobby for the hype and $ then your here for the wrong reasons.

@blueprint10... That's basically the same conversation I just had with a footlocker manager last week!! I'm 35 and the "game" has gone straight downhill.

@magic61182 .... Things really have changed. The managers don't even take pride in knowing about their products. And the ones that do are more concerned with making a killing by up charging and selling early on the side because of hype. It's a sickening thought. I feel like a mourning parent sitting idly by and watching their only child is spiralling out of control down the wrong path.

the hypebeasts (and their parents) in the story see sneakers as an investment (to buy then re-sell for profit). These hypebeast don't seem to love these sneakers other than the money they can make off them or the status of wearing trendy clothes.

is this real life? ...

if that's what a sneakerhead is now then count me out. that program wasant about shoes either, it was about money. you could substitute the shoes with any other item and get the same result.

if you are in this hobby for the hype and $ then your here for the wrong reasons.

true, true . . . the hypebeasts will move onto another trendy thing in a few years . . .

the hypebeasts (and their parents) in the story see sneakers as an investment (to buy then re-sell for profit). These hypebeast don't seem to love these sneakers other than the money they can make off them or the status of wearing trendy clothes.
This right here^^

For a lot of these young "hypebeast", sneakers are their new age baseball cards. They collect them then trade them or sell them for the "next hot shoe". It is what it is and I cant knock the hustle. You also have to understand that a lot of these kids have financially stable parents who look at all this as a "mini-Sneaker Wall St" for their kids. They're learning about investing and when to buy or when to sell. It sucks that they don't seem to have  any appreciation for their kicks, but it's the nature of the (hype)beast I guess.

Also, must be nice to just walk into a store and pick-up some foam camos without any wait.
eyes.gif

I can understand why people don't like it, but how many of us would do the same thing at 15-16 yrs old if we could? I used to view this site regularly when I was in high school and even in early college, but I knew till I graduated and got a job I might be able to get 1 or 2 pairs a year. If I had the set up some of these younger cats have best believe I'd have gone HAM. But in a way, I appreciate the shoes I do have more because I bought them. When you're young and have things given to you, it's easy to discard them like nothing because you don't fully know the value.

If anything, it's not a sneaker head culture gone to ****, it's a young generation that has forgotten what earning things means rather than having that sense of entitlement to things without doing **** for them...

Call some of these people what you want, that young man in this video is becoming a heck of a business man and negotiator.

Call some of these people what you want, that young man in this video is becoming a heck of a business man and negotiator.

Easy to be a "businessman" and a "negotiator" when you REALLY don't have to worry about money...

When your parents own a $500K+ house and drive $80K cars...you can treat real money like it's Monopoly money...

JM

Ok people have been saying the "next thing" for a while now ..hate to break to y'all this "sneakerhead" thing isn't going to die down anytime soon .. When you have non basketball playing dude shoe sell for then 1k. the game or whatever you want to call it will messed up for years to come and you thank Nike for not just letting people per order making enough to please everyone based on pre orders that would solve all of this! Lol

I run a middleman page and middleman about 10-15 trades a week for people and I will honestly tell you it's not about the shoes anymore. These people I middleman for will have the shoes up for sale/trade BEFORE they even get them. That goes from GR's all the way to mags/signed jordans I've held for them. In fact, the pair that was signed by Jordan in the video was a trade I middlemanned for.

*shameless plug*

https://www.facebook.com/t.seets21?ref=tn_tnmn

I agree the game has gone downhill. I'm in my early 20s but I didn't start really getting shoes until I got a job myself.  Yeah my parents bought me a pair I would want for Christmas or something but not like these kids that have a silver spoon and cop every hypebeast release just to make a profit.  I buy what I like and wear them cause i love what I get.  I'm not going to just buy something to make a come-up cause I actually know guys that appreciate the culture spend THEIR hard earned money on what they like.  

In this video I just see a bunch of spoiled kids running around with their parents money and trying to flip kicks as an investment. I hate being classified as a "teenage sneakerhead" because people cause I'm 17 that im a hypebeast :smh: I don't hate on the kids but they don't like the shoes to wear. And the news can't focus on the average sneakerhead that goes to the stores and cops kicks to wear because nobody would watch it. The news always has to focus on the negative side of things and labels the new "sneakerheads" as this. I'm so happy they had Clark Kent because if they didn't I would hated this video :lol:

Back
Top Bottom