**WHO WILL BE THE BREAKOUT RAP/HIP HOP ARTIST OF 2009**VOL:LIL WAYNE HAD 08

You guys can't be serious and think anyone has a better chance of selling records than Gucci? I just read all these replies and i'm astonished. Someonementioned noone in VA has heard of all the people in the new school cover (i dunno how they didn't know Wale), and I completely understand that. These guysare all 100% blog created artist.

na...dc created me...youtube stuff from 06....this isnt an internet thing homie..wth all due respect...youngnfitlhy ...i have hometown ..as any new artistshould..but most dont...i think gucci has a good shot tho...hes dope and he has a story..which does matter when the albums droppin

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

laugh.gif
This is supposed to be Dro right?
krayonboxfrontsmall-full.jpg

laugh.gif

also, i went back home and my boy said he wanted some nike boots. i asked dudes if they like Wale, and they replied "WHO?". i told them the guy that did a song about nike boots. and they repeated ......"WHO?"

we was in wal mart and i asked if they liked any of the guys on the cover of the XXL next gen. mag,
and they was like
"i aint never seen/heard of none of these *%#%%! before."

im in VA btw.
ok stop it now your friends live under a rock...everyone in VA has heard of wale at least once
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngnflithy

People are saying Gucci, and they might be right. None of the "new era" are ready to release a gold album. I can't think of anyone else bubbling with a fanbase like him without a hit studio album.

...hows 09 gonna be guccis yr...when he gets out of jail in the end of 09?

indifferent.gif

that means no real album /mixtape with current material till late 09 early 2010

na...dc created me...youtube stuff from 06....this isnt an internet thing homie..wth all due respect...youngnfitlhy ...i have hometown ..as any new artist should..but most dont...i think gucci has a good shot tho...hes dope and he has a story..which does matter when the albums droppin
everyone has a "Story"..but gucci is just already pretty est. i think 08 was your breakout yr as far the national scene and "nikeboots" did that. my intention of this post was to talk about not a new artist but someone who is already pretty established then blow up like crazysimilar to what wayne did. i mean yea he was already big..but dude just sailed to new heights in 08

I ain't tryin to hate on noone parade or nothing. It's just no record label has the money to gamble on new hip hop artists when megastars can'teven move units. Artists really gotta put in some hard work in 2009 to make themselves relevent with their own pockets and maybe they can get on the bandwagonfor 2010. Only person with that cross appeal buzz is Gucci, and I really can't stand the dude. For ILoveHipHop43, I was born and raised in DMV, and Idon't know of any artists in the area that ever got as much shine as you. How you want to take that, I dunno...but I wish the best of luck to you and hope2009 is your best year with more to come.

I would kill to see Jadakiss in this position, but in honesty I ain't getting my hopes up.

Clipse?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

those dudes are like 35, they been around for a while now and still havent blown.. their window has closed. the Neptunes basically blessed them and they stillcouldn't blow
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Clipse?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

those dudes are like 35, they been around for a while now and still havent blown.. their window has closed. the Neptunes basically blessed them and they still couldn't blow
laugh.gif
smh.gif
what chu yappin about.
boys got verses, kid.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Clipse?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

those dudes are like 35, they been around for a while now and still havent blown.. their window has closed. the Neptunes basically blessed them and they still couldn't blow
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

whats your idea of blowing up. dudes have classics under their belts. u expect them to be on tv all the damn time?
log off.

i dont like kid cudi but his signed wit ye so mostly likely him. plus his getting some spins in ny cause of the jimmy remix and he was on paranoid.

It's going to be Wayne again. Hopefully, Dro will do something big and move more into the commercial light because he's the most entertainingrapper out right now. Whether or not someone "spits" or "has bars" is somewhat irrelevant if you are not marketable or have a nichefollowing already. Drake does somewhat, but for some reason I don't think dudes are fully convinced he's the truth yet. He can change that though.Since '07 the last three up and coming "new" hip-hop artist to have major success have been Lupe Fiasco, Plies and Soulja Boy. Gucci is gettingthere but is still a little un-polished to get that real commercial hip hop money. Much success to all that I just mentioned.

cool kids will finally blow up.. then drake jus the fact hes from degrassi ppl wiill listen.. then kid cudi cuz day and night was soooo dope. then asher rothcuz he sounds like em. and b.o.b. cuz ti will make a track with him and hell blow up. and mickey factz cuz "ITS MICKEY CHYEAHHH!" is pretty catchyhahaha.

Whether we like it or not Lil Wayne is gonna own 09 and become an even bigger celebrity than he was in 08.

Back
Top Bottom