Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

all i gotta say is..

falken_render.jpg

macarena_dance.jpg

Spoiler [+]
29l05tk.gif
laugh.gif
This is supposed to be Dro right?

^now that you mention Dro I think he has a shot if he can release 2 singles that did/do as well as shoulder lean and land a couple guest spots

I would love to see Young Chris blow but idk if it's going to happen.
Drake will do numbers for sure.
Wale & Kid Cudi could also be major.

I have 3...all have been said I believe...Kid Cudi (because dude already has a hit single that gets alot of spins & he's talented)...Drake (dude has areally good flow and his connection with Wayne may propel him into the limelight)...and lastly, Asher Roth (this guy is like Eminem reincarnated, but not astalented...I like him alot though, he's funny and has a unique style)

Kid Cudi will be Lupe status at best.
Wale may go far because he has deep connects that span farther than just hip hop. All he needs is 1 or 2 top singles.
I think Plies will be bigger than ever, although his music doesn't apply to most on here.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by RellNye

Its gonna be the Year of The Loso.
pimp.gif
He had his chance and blew it.

I have a feeling that Jim Jones is gonna have a huge year
wale
33f9tp3.gif

Cudi and Wale are strictly Internet rappers. They aren't going further than that IMO. I like Wale but I'm being honest. He has no mainstream appeal.
Jim Jones biggest hit was "We Fly High". He will never reach that peak again.

You're buggin if you don't think Day N' Nite is a certified success. It's ultimately what the internet CAN do if anything. Also, as much as I hate Jim Jones, he can also be accredited with the success of Day N' Nite. That song is blowin UP the radio waves.

As for Wale, Nike Boots has been out for the longest and people are JUST gettin on it, especially cause of the vid. My lil cuz sing that $%*% ALL the time and my sister likes his music/thinks he's cute
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ain't no one on "Nike Boots", where the +#*# you live? That video gets no spin on BET or MTV. People that listen to Wale know abouthim b/c of the 'net.

As far as "Day N Nite", I don't listen to radio. Pay 4 play is what you are listening to.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

laugh.gif
This is supposed to be Dro right?
krayonboxfrontsmall-full.jpg

laugh.gif

also, i went back home and my boy said he wanted some nike boots. i asked dudes if they like Wale, and they replied "WHO?". i told them the guy thatdid a song about nike boots. and they repeated ......"WHO?"

we was in wal mart and i asked if they liked any of the guys on the cover of the XXL next gen. mag,
and they was like
"i aint never seen/heard of none of these *%#%%! before."

im in VA btw.

Somebody gotta hold it down for Grand Hustle while Tip is locked up.

And the only man that can do the job is Dro.

Originally Posted by bgetsbusy

I have a feeling that Jim Jones is gonna have a huge year

He's a lot smarter of an artist then people give him credit for... also he got a money hungry Dame Dash behind him

Just my thoughts
thank you i was waiting for someone to say Jim Jones. Fam is gonna be coming at it BIG TIME in '09 just you wait and see

-Tyler

Originally Posted by tony AYOOO

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Jae Millz
laugh.gif

That deserves 2 laughs
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. But seriously i could see Ron Browz havin that year. Almost all of his songshe's put recently get positive play on radio and in clubs. I fugure he savina couple for his album and will probably give a few arab money type beats withim on the hook to other ny artists

I really haven't been on top of the new artists, but I'm hearing good things about Drake, and I just DLed CuDi's 10Deep mixtape recently. I likethis guy.

People are saying Gucci, and they might be right. None of the "new era" are ready to release a gold album. I can't think of anyone else bubblingwith a fanbase like him without a hit studio album.

Back
Top Bottom