**WHO WILL BE THE BREAKOUT RAP/HIP HOP ARTIST OF 2009**VOL:LIL WAYNE HAD 08

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

It took Wayne years to gather up all that hype; no one is going to do it like that this year.

What He Said.

Even though Like Father Like Son came out between the Carter 2 and 3, The Carter 3 was like a year overdue, so between that and the 2 million mix cd'she's had...most notably the "Drought series" to keep the buzz going, that's why 08 was so big for him. I can't see anyone out therewho's been clamored over like Wayne....as sad as that is.

I guess you could say Gucci, but to me, 2007 was his break out year....well....I guess he shared it with Soulja Boy.

Wale looks promising.

Some might think I'm crazy for this one .....
But I think Clipse/Pusha T is gonna have 2009
From the mixtape that just dropped it just seems like they about to go all out
And Pusha seems like he ready to stand out on his own
They just have to stay current and jump on those "mainsteam" hit records
I have a feeling they just gonna go on the commercial tip, but still not sell. Not the same caliber artist, but its like Fat Joe chillin with allthem MIAMI boys with hit singles and still flopping in sales. I hope clipse don't go mainstream, but it seems inevitable, especially with Pusha, son lovesthe spot light. Rappers are like straight Pop Stars now

Definitelty not Charles Hamilton
laugh.gif

Boy...you dudes don't get it...Kid Cudi???!!! How could he have a breakout year, when no one outside of NT knows him? I'm going with Gucci and with astretch...Dro. Why? Gucci's sound is different, people already have been diggin it for some time and they know who he is...all he has to do is release abanger. Same with Dro...but I feel like he needs to put more work in rotation. Wale is still a year off IMO before we can consider him...same with Drake. Fab?Ehhh....I dunno...unless he can come with a different sound (which I doubt). Wayne had breakout year a couple years ago and he elevated to mainstreamstatus...now, is the time for someone else...but I really do think its gonna be Gucci...and I'm not a fan, by any means....but when I downloaded a song bythis man in which I didn't understand a word he said and listened to it!??! That tells you something.

Originally Posted by Robby Valentino

Originally Posted by youngnflithy

People are saying Gucci, and they might be right. None of the "new era" are ready to release a gold album. I can't think of anyone else bubbling with a fanbase like him without a hit studio album.

...hows 09 gonna be guccis yr...when he gets out of jail in the end of 09?

indifferent.gif

that means no real album /mixtape with current material till late 09 early 2010

roll.gif
roll.gif
same thing i thought.
eliminate Gucci. 2010 will be his year.

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

Lil wayne had 08, 07, 06, 05

weezys getting 09 too

Oh You bugging he had 07 and 08 but not 06 and 05

he had 06 and 05 in my heart and thats all that matters

whoaaaaa no homoo

He had 07 and 08 commericially but 06 and 05 he was really killing +@!#

Asher Roth is the most over hyped thing ever. Dude is not that great. Just a white guy that can rap a few bars.

Props to his marketing team though

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

Boy...you dudes don't get it...Kid Cudi???!!! How could he have a breakout year, when no one outside of NT knows him? I'm going with Gucci and with a stretch...Dro. Why? Gucci's sound is different, people already have been diggin it for some time and they know who he is...all he has to do is release a banger. Same with Dro...but I feel like he needs to put more work in rotation. Wale is still a year off IMO before we can consider him...same with Drake. Fab? Ehhh....I dunno...unless he can come with a different sound (which I doubt). Wayne had breakout year a couple years ago and he elevated to mainstream status...now, is the time for someone else...but I really do think its gonna be Gucci...and I'm not a fan, by any means....but when I downloaded a song by this man in which I didn't understand a word he said and listened to it!??! That tells you something.

I know a lot of people who know kudi outside of niketalk, and i hear day n night like everyday on the radio. I still don't understand why people like Gucci

Originally Posted by SlowZEbra

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Clipse?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

those dudes are like 35, they been around for a while now and still havent blown.. their window has closed. the Neptunes basically blessed them and they still couldn't blow
laugh.gif
smh.gif
what chu yappin about.
boys got verses, kid.
And?

Back
Top Bottom