WHY ARE EBAY BUYERS SO $&@! FLAKY???!!!

Whenever i buy something on ebay, i pay immediately.

Why do these dudes need 4 days to pay :x . Have ya money right or dont bid at all.

Whenever i buy something on ebay, i pay immediately.

Why do these dudes need 4 days to pay :x . Have ya money right or dont bid at all.

God bless you bro. When I sold shoes I heard every excuse in the book why they needed 4-5 days to pay

I am one of them :lol: But I will say, they should extend the time period a seller is allowed to pay before an unpaid item strike is issued.

I always file an unpaid item claim in 2-3 days maximum.
I'm not in favor of that. Some people really may need to get their funds in order. Can take up to a week.

how much time do you actually need? 

A week. What if someone wins a steal on eBay and gets a paycheck at the end of the week? So your gonna penalize them for winning a steal on an item and wanting to get their funds in order? Nah, I don't like the unpaid claim in 24 hours.

What happens when you buy some shoes on eBay, wait a week to pay and then in the meantime, your car breaks down and needs major repairs? The seller gets screwed is what happens.

Can't stand dudes who use eBay like a personal layaway service. If you gotta do all that for some sneakers, it's time to rethink priorities.

Buy now, pay now. Letting buyers have time to pay is asking for trouble on eBay.

I used to have that problem when I was selling shoes. Just change the payment to immediate payment, and change it from auction to buy it now.

I am one of them :lol: But I will say, they should extend the time period a seller is allowed to pay before an unpaid item strike is issued.

:smh: old 3 series buying dude :lol: smh

There is such a jackpot answer to this I just don't understand why it isn't done by Zuckerberg or someone like that

MAKE A BETTER EBAY WITH BETTER FEATURES AMD GREAT ADVERTISING /MARKETING

That's literally something that is needed/wanted that can succeed and flourish if done by the right person

I hate to say it but look at what you guys are selling: shoes. You're most likely selling to other teens who aren't as serious about paying

Mayne, you don't need new kicks if you waiting on the check to pay for em...

Or a bmer when u making under 3k month

In particular a 3 series :lol: Jp bro

You know who u are lol

Last edited:
I'm not in favor of that. Some people really may need to get their funds in order. Can take up to a week.
A week. What if someone wins a steal on eBay and gets a paycheck at the end of the week? So your gonna penalize them for winning a steal on an item and wanting to get their funds in order? Nah, I don't like the unpaid claim in 24 hours.

Don't care about any of this stuff. You dont have the money, too bad. I'm not Walmart, I dont have layover.

And frankly im doing you a favor. Out here in pure struggle wasting more money on shoes. :smh:

Last edited:
I should re-phrase that : I file an unpaid item case after 2-3 days of messaging the low feedback buyer who refuses to respond/pay for the item. I have no problem waiting for people if they are decent. I recently sold a low value item (under $50) and the buyer messaged me right after the auction saying she wouldn't be able to pay for it until she got her check. I had no problem waiting for someone if they are a serious buyer and aren't just playing games

Buy it now, immediate payment required and eliminate the undesirable bidders
This seems to be the safest route.

Just bought some shoes for the first time in years off eBay. Seller said he was on NT. I'm gonna post pics of the shoes in the legit check once they come in just because I don't even know how to tell anymore.

Made my girl bid at the last possible second because I was at my bball game. Ended up winning and sent the payment a couple hours later when I got home. Wanted to send him a message asking him to wait til I got back from Puerto Rico next week before shipping them, but then figured he might start overthinking it and think I'm a scammer or something so I just didn't send him the message.
You should ask your post office to hold your mail. When you get back from PR you just swing by and pick it up. Disregard if someone will be at your place while you're gone.

Happen to me before, it was because I didn't check when the auction ended so I wasn't prepared to paid

Current bid $610
Reserve not met

Buy it now $709.99

I asked the seller what his reserve is set at, his reply

$710...

FOH

I've been burned too many times on auctions by ppl not paying. I usually just do buy it now. Sneaker auctions I'm lucky to get paid 50% of the time.
If I really want to auction a pair so I can buy an upcoming release I'll state in the description that I need payment within 24 hours. I'll give a little extra time like a day but it keeps me from sitting on shoes I'm trying to get rid of.

I got a but trying to sell a pair of china lebron 8's for 400. Told him nobody will ever pay that. He tells me they sell for 500. I said ok :lol:

Your selling sneakers and the issue is 99% of your clientele is kids.

So.God.Damn.True.

"i know it says $120 shipped im wondering if you can do $50" like WTF %^&* this aint charity beat it brat

Last edited:
how much time do you actually need? 
yes-- i am not a layaway store. 

use your credit card if you have to, not my problem. 

you talk about a buyer needing money to pay, but think of the other side of the table perhaps the seller needs the money from the sale as well. 

I'd like to see these buyers go to FNL, shoes ready to be bought at cash register and say "I'll pay in 5 days."

They just need to wait 5 days till they have money then bid.

mean.gif
old 3 series buying dude
laugh.gif
smh

There is such a jackpot answer to this I just don't understand why it isn't done by Zuckerberg or someone like that

MAKE A BETTER EBAY WITH BETTER FEATURES AMD GREAT ADVERTISING /MARKETING

That's literally something that is needed/wanted that can succeed and flourish if done by the right person
lets elaborate...

what would this "NEW EBAY" be?

what features?

what are ebays cons right now?

what are the pros of ebay?

advertising what? merchandise?

marketing what? itself?

Back
Top Bottom