Why Are They Advertising High Fructose Corn Syrup?

THis is redicuolous and nasty. HFCS is really poison. Once its in your system its almost like having plastic in your blood arteries. Plus it has alot ofmercury. Rediculous stuff all to make a few more cents in profit. Guys also watch out when products say "NO High Fructrose Corn Syrup" that onlymeans theres not enough in each mililgram of the product according to the fda to declare it free of HCFS but in reality it is still in the food. THe sameapplies to Trans-fat if there is only under .15 milligrams for each grams in the product then they cna declare it no trans fat. Bunch of gimmicks!

I think you guys are over reacting. I don't really think the commercials are really even advertising HFCS. It doesn't say go out and buy HFCS(Idon't even think that is possible, is it?). All it is saying is not to recoil in fear once you see it on the ingredients. They aren't saying it ishealthy. All they are saying that it is fine in moderation. Any "bad" food is fine in moderation. Even McDonald's is okay to eat once in a whileif your normal diet consists of healthy food.

I just think that after all the horrible stuff that has been said about HFCS, the companies just wanted to give their take.

jones-soda.jpg

baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS199

THis is redicuolous and nasty. HFCS is really poison. Once its in your system its almost like having plastic in your blood arteries. Plus it has alot of mercury. Rediculous stuff all to make a few more cents in profit. Guys also watch out when products say "NO High Fructrose Corn Syrup" that only means theres not enough in each mililgram of the product according to the fda to declare it free of HCFS but in reality it is still in the food. THe same applies to Trans-fat if there is only under .15 milligrams for each grams in the product then they cna declare it no trans fat. Bunch of gimmicks!
Thank you, sir, for illustrating my point.

(Mangudai - You have mail.)

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by jDOTgDOT

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Wow. You have GOT to be kidding me, whats next, commercials telling the "benefits" of fluoride in water(oh wait..)? I'm disgusted. Anything for a
buck.

What's your beef with fluoride in the water?

When watching that video it is important to listen to the exact words they are using. All the sicknesses linked to fluoride are from exposure to HIGHCONCENTRATIONS. The amount of fluoride in drinking water is very low, especially in comparison to the dosages in the studies. Many of the negative effects ithas on teeth is caused by over ingestion, most usually from children swallowing fluoridated toothpastes.

You can argue that I am biased because I work in the dental profession. Honestly, I am not for or against fluoride. I believe people should just be educatedabout it before making their decisions.

The benefit to fluoridated water is to children with no access to dental care. In the past, many parents did not pay attention to their child's dentalhealth and ended up having to pay big bucks they cant afford to dentists. After fluoridating the water there was a vast improvement in prevention of toothdecay.

The best argument against fluoride is the freedom of choice. Did I choose to have it put in my water...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

all of you saying its poison do you check all your food for stuff like this or are you just upset about the commercials...
Yes, I look over nutrition labels like a hawk... and I'm not being sarcastic.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Refer to the "government has you under a spell" thread...
smh.gif
It's like people see what's going on, but they just don't know how to call it.

WORD THEY KEEP PUTTING THINGS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE IT IS SICK I CANT WAIT TILL 2012 COMES THESE FOUR YEARS SHALL BREAK US FREEFROM THE SICK-CYCLE WE LIVE IN

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by The R0yal Family

HFCS gave my dad type II diabetes
indifferent.gif
thats a copout. it may have helped contributed to the condition because he didnt take personal responsibility to care for himself, but it didnt "give" him anything.

yeah it helped contribute to the condition like u said

laugh.gif
I was trippin when I saw that Hulu commercial during the Super Bowl.Everybody else was just like, "so I can watch TV on my phone or what?". Spooky

my biochem professor speaks nothing but negative things about HFCS.

this is coming from a hick kind of guy who smokes, drinks and cooks with lard and beef tallow.

I love this thread, I've been off HFCS for about a year now, not completely because there were a couple times where I had some soda at a party or mixedwith my drink, but there is truth to staying away from un-natural ingredients and over processed foods because the human body is meant to intake greaterquality food.

And don't get me started on corn, i've hated the damn thing since I was 5 and it used to get stuck in my teeth, but when I read years ago about it nothave any good nutritional value, I gave the report to my parents to rub it in their faces.

The thing about the fluoride in the water is a little bit sketchy, I know high concentrations are damaging but fluoride in water is good for your teeth...or sothey say.

I made a thread earlier this year about NT getting healthy but nobody was having it after stuffing their faces for the holidays. I think I may restart it soon.

Back
Top Bottom