Why Buy Multiple Pairs Of The Same Jordan /Colorway/Shoe

Honestly.  I don't understand why people cop more than one pair of the same Jordan colorway to just "have".  Oh Ill tuck these away in a box and mayyyybe I will wear them someday.  The way I do it is like this.  With the 4s I was able to get the cements ..I wore them whenever I wanted to sport a dope pair of Js.  Once they started becoming not so white anymore the military blue joints were about to come out.  I was able to cop those and those were my go to Jordans for a bit.  Then the varsity red 4s came out I was able to cop and those were my go tos.  The bred 4s came out and I struck out. Almost was going to pay re-sellers but as time has gone on I've decided to just keep it moving. AJ13 came and I luckily was able to get through on FTL.  These will be my go to Js for a while.  Now keep in mind I wear the others in some sort of rotation as well but I have both Yeezy colorways Airforce Max72s Concords numerous Chucks some Raadi etc etc.  I wear them all depending on the fit and where I am going.  The way I see it JB will continue to put these same shoes out EVERY year because that's how its been for some time now and that's their money. No need to have multiple pairs of the same shoe (colorway excluded).  If you miss out go on to the next release you want.  And don't let the hype control your purchases.  If you like the shoe try to cop if not leave it be. But multiple pairs of the same colorway of Js?  Why?  It's almost as ridiculous as re-sellers.

because people have favorite colorways.

in your case, you happened to like cements, military, breds, etc so you didnt have a problem just buying the next release.

but for others (me included), the black/red 4s are favorites.  and therefore, worthy of buying multiples.

The mentality comes from the days of when we didn't when we would see another retro of a colorway, at least in my eyes.....but with retro's being JB's moneymaker now, those days are just about done.

because people have favorite colorways.

in your case, you happened to like cements, military, breds, etc so you didnt have a problem just buying the next release.

but for others (me included), the black/red 4s are favorites.  and therefore, worthy of buying multiples.
I understand having a favorite colorway.  My favorite colorway in the 4s is the cement but I still wouldn't double up on them because its the same shoe.  Now I know they wont stay new forever but neither will the 2nd pair  if I had doubled up.  And I see absolutely no sense in leaving them boxed.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Double up on my favorites, cause i know i'm going to beat em into the ground and it's nice knowing you can be careless with em, knowing you got another pair in the stash.

and another reason, is because i'm lazy :lol:. Certain shoes, mainly I's and Lebrons look dope w/ different sets of laces, one day i want to rock a pair of breds with red laces, next time maybe black, and i'm just too lazy to be changing laces all the time. :smh:

I would love to get multiple pairs of grails, like Concords, considering how things are getting re-retroed there is no point. By the time I wear my first pair to the ground, the second pair would be yellowed. 

This thread is so useless and should be locked right away.
This is the Jordan brand forum.  This is a Jordan brand thread.  It was not meant for you to "use" it.  I mean you literally can see the title of the thread.  Did you expect to come in here and find a link where you can purchase multiple pairs of the same Jordan?

Should I have put (Discussion) in the title as well?

Its simple, I'll break it down for you OP.

First, some people buy multiple pairs for everyday wear, basketball wear, trade bait for another sneaker.

Secondly, some people buy multiple pairs because its their "grails" shoes they will wear until they "crumble" with a fresh pair waiting in the wing.

Lastly, the one I hate, some folks buy multiples simply for resell.

They may or may not even like the shoe, but know others will, and resell/flip for a profit.

Me personally, I only buy 1 pair of a sneaker because with so many kicks, they'll never really get "dogged" out, until perhaps the next retro cycle.

There are only 3 shoes out of the entire JB line that I would technically double up on: Carmine 6s, Columbia 11s, Hare 7s.

Everything else, is 1 and done.

Did that help?

Last edited:
This is the Jordan brand forum.  This is a Jordan brand thread.  It was not meant for you to "use" it.  I mean you literally can see the title of the thread.  Did you expect to come in here and find a link where you can purchase multiple pairs of the same Jordan?
Should I have put (Discussion) in the title as well?

In every single thread there are users talking about copping two pairs and what they do with them whether the infamous "1 to rock 1 to stock" line and/or using them as trade bait. Was a thread really needed? Are you that out of the loop?

OP, Lame *** thread, why you worried about what another man buys? do you, ima do me, keep it moving bruh

I don't understand it either. But at the same time I really don't care its not my money there spending

I got a lot of DS sneakers so I don't need to double up......its pointless for me

Honestly.  I don't understand why people cop more than one pair of the same Jordan colorway to just "have".  Oh Ill tuck these away in a box and mayyyybe I will wear them someday.  The way I do it is like this.  With the 4s I was able to get the cements ..I wore them whenever I wanted to sport a dope pair of Js.  Once they started becoming not so white anymore the military blue joints were about to come out.  I was able to cop those and those were my go to Jordans for a bit.  Then the varsity red 4s came out I was able to cop and those were my go tos.  The bred 4s came out and I struck out. Almost was going to pay re-sellers but as time has gone on I've decided to just keep it moving. AJ13 came and I luckily was able to get through on FTL.  These will be my go to Js for a while.  Now keep in mind I wear the others in some sort of rotation as well but I have both Yeezy colorways Airforce Max72s Concords numerous Chucks some Raadi etc etc.  I wear them all depending on the fit and where I am going.  The way I see it JB will continue to put these same shoes out EVERY year because that's how its been for some time now and that's their money. No need to have multiple pairs of the same shoe (colorway excluded).  If you miss out go on to the next release you want.  And don't let the hype control your purchases.  If you like the shoe try to cop if not leave it be. But multiple pairs of the same colorway of Js?  Why?  It's almost as ridiculous as re-sellers.
Stop Trollin, dont worry about what another man does.  Some people want to have a clean pair for 5 years down the road. Some use pairs for dailys because they like the CW so much, so they have one beater pair n DS pair for the future. I have 2 pairs of bred 13s. pair from 98 n 04. I like them a lot so I doubled up. Sadly on the other hand some people double up just to talk about how they doubled up.

The real question is, why are you worrying about what the next man does with his money and why are you in the next man's pockets?

Not that serious, fam.  People have been doubling up on shoes for decades.  Who cares?

People are always going on about resellers. In my eyes resellers and people who buy 2+ pairs are basically doing the same...making it harder for the people who really want the shoe to get it.

to be honest if its a shoe i know is a qs or super limited....i always double up

2nd if its a shoe i know they aint gonna rape by retroing a bunch of times....yotr 7's white quai 54 bordeaux 7's im doubling up 

i doubled up on the wc 3 88 ...just to hold then somebody offered 350 and i sold it...why cause i can get them again on the euro release but its not really a shoe im pressed right now to have 2 of .....but i know long term its better to have an extra pair 

grape 5 i will have 2 of...bred 1 drops i will have 2 of em...and if they bring back the hare 7's and the carmine 6's double up on each of those..

i only need 3 of 4 more joints and i have everything i wanted retro jordan wise...u get to 240 pair of sneakers and get kids .. u kind of slow down... my daughter has 30 pair at 4 already....so i know ill be buying her j's till shes college bound..lol 

"Tell me what you mad for!?!?" Lol.... I dont want to repeat what everyone else is saying... If you really feeling a pair though, you're going to do whatever it takes to make sure you keep them around.

What the heck is this thread about? Most ridiculous question I've heard in a long time SMH.

You said IV's? Fine, let's go with IV's. Here are some of my doubles of my IV's.

I'll start with the Cool Greys. I picked up 2 pairs of these on release day in '04. One pair is DS, the other pair is beat to death. I hooped in them which is why they look like that. I definitely got my money's worth out of this shoe. Thank God I have a 2nd pair because the shoe is indeed one of my faves. If I didn't have a second pair (that only cost like $125 back then) then I'd be paying $400+ for them now.

Here are some more of my doubles of the IV's. All of the Thunder's and Blk/Red/Grey IV's are DS. One of the Tour's are VNDS (worn once) and one of the Black Cats are NDS. Now, I have no intentions on wearing the Thunders and/or Bred IV's since they chip like crazy. So why do I have 2 pairs of each? Well for starters I'm heavy into collecting Jordan IV's so I'm going to have at least 1 DS pair in my collection. The other pair is for possible trade bait in the future. I've been here for 12 years. I have a clear understanding of how this shoe game works. In a couple years, the value of these shoes will be worth something (see Tour Yellow IV). I still need Doerenbecher IV's. I'd be willing to trade Bred IV's + Thunder's + cash instead of paying that God awful $600+ for a sz.12. If I only bought 1 pair like you're foolishly suggesting, I'd be out of a pair if I were to ever get rid of them for whatever reason. As far as Black Cats and Tours, go check the price of the Tour's. I paid $135 for both pairs on release day (I actually bought 13 pairs on release day and helped out many NTers). If I ever need to get rid of a pair, I'll still have 1 in my collection. If I ever decide to rock the other pair again, I'll still have a DS pair for whatever reason. Same as Black Cats. Remember, a lot of us collectors don't mind rocking Roshe's or some trainers or something. I don't need to be seen in my J's. For the pairs that I do decide to rock, I definitely make sure I have at least a 2nd pair for the future. If the shoe is limited/QS, I'll try and have 2 pairs. A backup pair is always a necessity for actual collecting purposes to be honest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom