Why Buy Multiple Pairs Of The Same Jordan /Colorway/Shoe

Another thing that I wonder is do people generally buy every shoe that is coveted as "the shoe of the moment"?   Like a good example for me is the royal blue 1.  I know the history on them and all but that colorway is just not my taste so I passed.  Or the Jordan 8...I never liked it so I always pass. However, they sell out quickly.  Do people just grab them cause its "the" shoe.  Im not talking about collectors thats a different story in itself.  I guess this would be a case of what people call hypebeast.  Which is a new term for me.  Sneaker game done changed lol ... I've seen people argue and insult each other claiming to be "sneaker heads" and youre a hypebeast etc. etc.  Its crazy ..mad self entitlement.

I think we all have sneaker problems ...lol ....End rant

Sounds like you need to do a little bit less of this bro :lol:

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Sounds like you need to do a little bit less of this bro
laugh.gif
Thanks brah...  Found this lil bit on the same subject on complex

[h1]Buying Sneakers to Collect, Not Wear[/h1]

The very first "sneaker collectors" rarely intended to just stash away their kicks until they turned to dust. The idea was to keep a specific pair "on ice" until some point in the undetermined future, at which point they would pull them out and blow minds. Now that everything retros over and over again, stashing a pair for a long while seems sillier than ever. Throw out all those silica gel packets and wear your damn sneakers.

Last edited:
Thanks brah...  Found this lil bit on the same subject on complex

[h1]Buying Sneakers to Collect, Not Wear[/h1]

The very first "sneaker collectors" rarely intended to just stash away their kicks until they turned to dust. The idea was to keep a specific pair "on ice" until some point in the undetermined future, at which point they would pull them out and blow minds. Now that everything retros over and over again, stashing a pair for a long while seems sillier than ever. Throw out all those silica gel packets and wear your damn sneakers.

tumblr_mdemcbXSOW1r8cvzdo1_400.gif

Sorry to bump, but it seems that no one has mentioned doubling up on jordan 5s.

Is it pointless because they yellow out even kept DS? My grails probably the Fire Red 5s...and might be another 7 years for another release...

complex is the biggest beast factory around but your quoting those clowns to try & prove a point :rofl: OK

I Buy 2 Pairs Of Kicks That I Like 1 Pair To Rock Now And A Pair To Wear In Few Years..So Far I got 11 DS Pairs Of Kicks That I Doubled Up On Cement 4s Concords Laneys Oreo 5s Gamma Blue 11s Matallic 5s and Fire Red 5s To Name A Few...

I Most Def Doubled On The white Cement 4s Because Its My favorite 4.Its A Clean White Shoe That stands Out And Goes With Alot, If You Dont Take Care They Can Dirty Quick Luckily Im Still On My 1st Cuz my Rotation Is Large Where I Dont Constantly Wear The Same Kick So Im Sittin On A DS Pair I Woulda Tripled Up Had I Could...

Last edited:
Sorry to bump, but it seems that no one has mentioned doubling up on jordan 5s.

Is it pointless because they yellow out even kept DS? My grails probably the Fire Red 5s...and might be another 7 years for another release...

Not pointless. I doubled up on the metallics when they came out in 2011. Since V's are my favorite shoe (most notably the metallics) I want to make sure I have a pair in my closet. Hopefully they retro again soon as I have already broken out both pairs.

i would say the only reason to buy multiples is to have beautiful pair on deck if you play a sport and want to wear them for it but if all you do is casually wear them then it is not necessary to have multiples since wtf are you doing casually to ruin a shoe? i know some people drag their heels and ruin shoes (just lazy walking at that point) but i wear my shoes all the time and mad people always ask if i got new shoes cuz its easy to take care of shoes and when i want to go ball i go get basketball shoes not some crappy, gunna hurt your feet horribly, retro's

For the same resason people buy more than one car! Cause they got the Doe to do what they want!

complex is the biggest beast factory around but your quoting those clowns to try & prove a point
roll.gif
OK
To me every one 5 years younger than me is a beast ...... I'm too old to use that word lol ...but yeh this thread is old...and it is my opinion that doubling up on the same colorway/shoe is senseless ...but again this is my opinion .....Complex site makes beasts?  There goes that word again ...damn I used it again ...well I dont know bout that but ..OK

i would say the only reason to buy multiples is to have beautiful pair on deck if you play a sport and want to wear them for it but if all you do is casually wear them then it is not necessary to have multiples since wtf are you doing casually to ruin a shoe? i know some people drag their heels and ruin shoes (just lazy walking at that point) but i wear my shoes all the time and mad people always ask if i got new shoes cuz its easy to take care of shoes and when i want to go ball i go get basketball shoes not some crappy, gunna hurt your feet horribly, retro's

Some people wear their kicks to concerts, crowded bars, etc. Sneakers can get dirty pretty quickly after a night out. Not everyone wears their kicks to just strut and profile around the mall for a couple hours (not saying you do) Plus, the street is a generally pretty grimey thing lol. Dirt and scuffs add up over the years. I don't double up on shoes because I can't afford to (its kinda ridiculous to even be spending $170 on a basketball shoe in the grand scheme but thats another topic) but if I could there would definitely be a few kicks I'd buy two of every time.

Last edited:
never have, never will

the kicks in my rotation take up too much space as it is. i'm not going to waste more space (and money) on a pair i won't immediately wear. by the time my single pairs die, there will be several subsequent re-releases.

hoarding and collecting is for chumps

My favorite sneaker is the WCIV.. anytime I find a DS pair 10.5 I buy them and stockpile them.  You can't just go get new ones when you want, so you have to be proactive. 

I read some of the posts in this thread and don't know whats hard to understand about stockpiling a rare commodity.

1. they arent rare
2. without wear they become unwearable
3. no one else (that matters) cares about your shoes

Last edited:
1. they arent rare
2. without wear they become unwearable
3. no one else (that matters) cares about your shoes

Not all shoes become unwearable. Perfectly good xi and xiv i have OG, still fine. Xii held up fine too

Iii, iv, v, vi - cracks n crumbles
, xiii (sole separation),

all had the issues of being unwearable.

The others seem fine to me.

ok, i'll grant that. i have og xi and xiv which i still wear too. they both get sole separation, but that is an easy fix.

Only 2 pairs I ever doubled up on were the Bred XI's and French blue VII's (retro+)  and I honestly regret not doing it for more pairs that I like rocking regularly, blk/cement III's and 01' breds (peep the prices lately lol!!) .  Yes, some do it for reps or bragging rights, others may not want to gamble on things like quality changes, price jumps, QS/limited/rare being slapped on the release making it harder to get.  And pls dont let a hype beast celebrity such as Ye rock em.  Check any past release thread and scroll to the RD and read those posts.  It seems to be getting harder and harder to cop the shoes we want, it feels like a job.  Checking twitter for an RSVP, leg work to each and every store to enter raffles, bots, following local shops on social media for more info, its not as easy as rolling out of bed late on a sat and copping @ the mall anymore.  Later on down the line if you decide that you want them you're gonna get raped on price.  Now stashing and never wearing...  IMO sacrilegious, unless its some ultra rare PE, sample, etc seen as more of a collectors item, treat them good but wear till they fall apart...

Last edited:
Used to do a lot 1 to rock one to stock. It has paid off greatly over time.

I'm actually wearing a lot of my second pairs now and its good knowing that I've had the pair in waiting for this time in my life.

If I could continue to double on kicks like I use to without the hassle I definitely would.

Yess Double or tripple cop. Up tel about after the Concord XI release its pretty much impossible to double up these days. I would double on most

and sum times tripple depending on the shoe History I might have or a sentamental value reason from back in the day. I didnt double or tripple up to re-sale

or make a profit. If I wer able to get 3 pairs, 1- for stock, 1- too rock, and 1- to ball in. If I only get 2 then its Stock-n-Rock... Im glad I doubled up on most 

of the good early day Retros from 2000-2008-9. Its paid off for me for trade bait on these Kicks coming out these days with (L) numbers releasing. Thanxs too 

doubling and trippling up thats how Ive been able to cop 3-pairs of Oregon Foams, and the Prelude Pack thank the lord 2 left. Try to get Bait for later Trade.

Back
Top Bottom