Why does everyone wanna be "rich"?

Funny one of my students asked me today, "______, what would you with 326 million." I guess some baseball player signed a big deal.

But I told him, "Travel."

I am not a materialistic dude, so I would like to be rich just to go wherever I want to go, WHENEVER I want and not have to have a job. 

Funny one of my students asked me today, "______, what would you with 326 million." I guess some baseball player signed a big deal.

But I told him, "Travel."

I am not a materialistic dude, so I would like to be rich just to go wherever I want to go, WHENEVER I want and not have to have a job. 

this.

i'd do the same.

buy a nice condo in my city so i have a place i can call home.

then travel everywhere.

this.

i'd do the same.

buy a nice condo in my city so i have a place i can call home.

then travel everywhere.
You know what I'm saying man. I want to be in a position to forget which day it is because I don't have to clock in 5 days a week

Yall can play dumb in here and downplay how life CAN be easier with $$$$. Forget all this hippie talk. "I don't need money to have happiness. Charles Dickens type dudes

Last edited:

You know what I'm saying man. I want to be in a position to forget which day it is because I don't have to clock in 5 days a week

Yall can play dumb in here and downplay how life CAN be easier with $$$$. Forget all this hippie talk. "I don't need money to have happiness. Charles Dickens type dudes
plenty of people I went to college with travel all around and they're not anywhere near rich

plenty of people I went to college with travel all around and they're not anywhere near rich

i'm not rich but I've travel quite a bit in the last year.

But to not have a job and travel all year round, you def need a lot of money.

we're not talking about 1-2 trips per year on your 3-4 weeks of vacay off college here.

we're not talking about 1-2 trips per year on your 3-4 weeks of vacay off college here.
I'm talking about new college grads that have been constantly traveling for a year or 2 years+

I'm talking about new college grads that have been constantly traveling for a year or 2 years+

off what money?

off what money?
lol the millenial screenname correlation strikes again....

graduate college and live off the trust fund 
nthat.gif

I can't speak for others, but freedom, security, and opportunity... that's why I want to be rich.  I don't think there's anything wrong with striving to become rich if you're doing it for the right reasons and going about it the right way.

off what money?

Money they had saved up plus picking up gigs along the way, everything from interpreting to doing online work etc.

great for them.

Not everybody can save up money through college though.

I'd want to be rich to be able to travel and not have to worry about finding that next little gig that will help me eat tomorrow.

Money they had saved up plus picking up gigs along the way, everything from interpreting to doing online work etc.
LOL @ Money saved up. Man, most likely their families had money. If you are out of college and traveling for that extended period of time, that damn sure isn't "saved up" money

LOL @ Money saved up. Man, most likely their families had money. If you are out of college and traveling for that extended period of time, that damn sure isn't "saved up" money
They don't come from money like that, they're not staying in the Mandarin Orient or anything when traveling, they're staying in hostels and other comparable lodging options and working gigs along the way

Privileged? No.  Broke? No.   Never understood the rich logic in the first place. Unless you're trying to get to that point of leaving something behind for your family ( wife, kid, etc.)  What they do with the money is up to them because you've passed on so... Why do you want all this money? To buy **** you don't need...Just reminds me of that Carlin joke about buying stuff for no reason just because you can without any thought.

So we should just get the bare essentials and not try to do certain things that require money?

Also, you don't want to try and make things easier for your children so that can take on whatever endeavor they want?

This is much more attainable with money

Back
Top Bottom