Why does everyone wanna be "rich"?

Didn't read any post but the reason I wana be rich is because I want the ability to have to be no where also to not be on anybody's time

Buy every car I ever dreamed of and work on em all day

Because it is the nature of individual man to want the world and everything in it. That is how our ascension to the modern man happened. It is innate. Why do people train all year for marathons? There is not much, if any, financial gain. At some point you are "fast enough". Life thrives on pushing ourselves.

On a less philosophical note - so that if any of my family members gets sick I can afford the crazy high medical expenses.

dont wanna be rich i just want to be able to do what i want where i want when i want and with whom i want to be with. It just so happens i need money do be able to do that |I

Easy answer.

Perceived easier life.

Perceived more vagina

Really nothing else to want in life right?
Mayer Rothschild: "Give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes its laws."

Goddamn i make good threads
damn b how many accounts did you get banned from?

Idk b way too many

Shputout to method man for letting me come back

I have so much love for this site and meth [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

Were you also Yeezus Disciple?

:smokin

Such a good movie.

Last edited:
Forget about the material advantages for a moment, just consider the social, political and cultural capital that being rich entails. Think of what you know about white privilege. To be rich and white is to enjoy a highly distilled version of regular ole WP.

The concerns of your social class dominate the News Cycle and the national political conversation. Since 1980, the bottom 90% of this Country has captured zero gains in wage growth. Since 2008, a majority of Americans have been living through an economic depression.

Despite these facts, the News and the political class obsesses over the national debt (a very modest and long-term problem) and they demand deep austerity cuts in the middle of a depression. Real rates of return on bonds must never be compromised, even if it means that millions needlessly live in poverty. Income inequality gets deeper and deeper yet the dominant issues in the 2014 mid terms were ISIS and Ebola. Rich people can be killed by terrorists or Ebola so let us ignore public health and safety issues that kill tens of thousands of poor people every year.

The press will talk about legal weed and gay marriage because rich people want to get high and because gay people are randomly distributed through out the population. Heroin will never be endorsed in the NYT like cannabis because it is considered a drug of the poor. Heroin is actually very popular among the wealthy but we like to believe that heroin is only consumed in the ghetto. If homosexuals were only born to poor mothers, not only would gay marriage not be a reality but simply being gay would still be illegal.

This same dynamic exists in Academia and entertainment as well. In fact, both of those spheres are becoming more oligarchic. The University has never been especially welcoming to poor people but in the middle of the 20th Century, a number of middle class people became tenured college professors. Today, we make an effort to hire on very few professors as full time, tenure track faculty. The lucky few who do become tenured professors, are from wealthy family backgrounds.

Entertainment is more populist but it is becoming more fractured and the movies and TV shows that are deemed as worth while are shows that portray the rich or they speak to elite, bourgeois concerns and sentiments. Law and publishing and the arts also reflect these socioeconomic biases.

The advantages of wealth are obvious in the media, politics, publishing, law, academia and the arts because other wealthy people inhabit those spaces. In addition to all of that social and political and cultural capital, wealthy people know that the police and the military not only serve elite interests but that both institutions were expressly created to serve monied interests.

To be rich is to know that every institution of consequence partially or completely bends to your will. In many ways that is infinitely more valuable than any house, car, boat, bottle of champagne or piece of jewelry.

You can experience things you would otherwise never get to experience. Like people say traveling opens up your eyes, makes you cultured, etc...well you need money to travel. All the innovations in medicine doesn't mean **** if you can't afford it. You need money for health.

It's bs imo for people to underplay how important money is and to use cliches about how money is just about material things and greed. Money is the biggest thing separating us and the people living in third world countries struggling to get by.

I want to have enough money for my family to be able to do whatever they want in life and to have a safety net whenever something goes wrong. That's a huge luxury when you think about it. Life's not supposed to be like that. You need to be rich for that type of security.

Last edited:
I just wanna make enough to the point where when the chick at chipotle tells me guacamole is extra, it doesn't phase me.

I just wanna make enough to the point where when the chick at chipotle tells me guacamole is extra, it doesn't phase me.

this.

If you can go out and eat at a restaurant and order anything you want without being restricted by the price, then you don't need to pursue money for the sake of getting money any more imo

I think that the quote from Psycho sums it up perfectly: Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy off unhappiness.

Don't be a sheep and let various celebrities' lives influence your way of life just because they have money.

Back
Top Bottom