Why is the gov't doing so little to end rape in prisons?

What about rehabilitation? Rape does nothing but make people worse off from when they entered.. You cant expect an ex con to re enter into society after psychological, physical and mental torture and expect them to not do something crazy again... This issue effects EVERYONE OF US.. directly or indirectly.. because we have to deal with guys when they get out

What about rehabilitation? Rape does nothing but make people worse off from when they entered.. You cant expect an ex con to re enter into society after psychological, physical and mental torture and expect them to not do something crazy again... This issue effects EVERYONE OF US.. directly or indirectly.. because we have to deal with guys when they get out

I heard a radio show with a cop talking about the history of the prison system and how we should go back to corporal punishment rather than waste lives, time and money housing prisoners thinking that we are reforming them, when we our making another attempt at hybridizing our society and making people worse.  

[h2]A Case for Corporal Punishment?[/h2]
June 22, 2011

Flogging.jpg
Hour 1: Is there a solution to our overloaded criminal justice system? Our guest this hour, criminologist and former Baltimore City police officer, Peter Moskos thinks so. He ponders the possibility of offering quick and severe physical punishment to criminals as an alternative to incarceration in his new book “In Defense of Flogging

I heard a radio show with a cop talking about the history of the prison system and how we should go back to corporal punishment rather than waste lives, time and money housing prisoners thinking that we are reforming them, when we our making another attempt at hybridizing our society and making people worse.  

[h2]A Case for Corporal Punishment?[/h2]
June 22, 2011

Flogging.jpg
Hour 1: Is there a solution to our overloaded criminal justice system? Our guest this hour, criminologist and former Baltimore City police officer, Peter Moskos thinks so. He ponders the possibility of offering quick and severe physical punishment to criminals as an alternative to incarceration in his new book “In Defense of Flogging

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

its part of the package deal. you go to jail, and risk being raped and shanked. so stay out of jail?
I hope you're joking.  Most people are damned from the moment they become incarcerated, knowing that many of their family and friends will virtually forget about them given their circumstances.  While criminals are found guilty of the crimes that landed them in prison, they are still people nonetheless.  Having your body and mind pretty much torn to shreds puts the exclamation point on what quickly becomes a very depressing existence.

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

its part of the package deal. you go to jail, and risk being raped and shanked. so stay out of jail?
I hope you're joking.  Most people are damned from the moment they become incarcerated, knowing that many of their family and friends will virtually forget about them given their circumstances.  While criminals are found guilty of the crimes that landed them in prison, they are still people nonetheless.  Having your body and mind pretty much torn to shreds puts the exclamation point on what quickly becomes a very depressing existence.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

i heard from my friend that people in the russian prisons put a tattoo of a tear when they get raped... and in the US they do that when they killed someone, or maybe.......
so what does that mean about lil wayne

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

i heard from my friend that people in the russian prisons put a tattoo of a tear when they get raped... and in the US they do that when they killed someone, or maybe.......
so what does that mean about lil wayne

The prison system is a mess and has all sorts of problems that compound/facilitate the rape issue so while obviously it is a problem in and of itself, I view it as more of a side effect of the already bloated and failure ridden prison/corrections (& justice for that matter) system.

What exactly should they do ? Total reform, but the drive for action (even on a small scale), especially considering who the victims are, just isn't there. Money, staffing, training, overcrowding, decaying facilities, access to treatment, corruption, rehabilitation (or lack of it) .... we can sit here all day.

The prison system is a mess and has all sorts of problems that compound/facilitate the rape issue so while obviously it is a problem in and of itself, I view it as more of a side effect of the already bloated and failure ridden prison/corrections (& justice for that matter) system.

What exactly should they do ? Total reform, but the drive for action (even on a small scale), especially considering who the victims are, just isn't there. Money, staffing, training, overcrowding, decaying facilities, access to treatment, corruption, rehabilitation (or lack of it) .... we can sit here all day.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

Originally Posted by Weekz

no1 told u to commit a crime, no one told you to get caught.
rape is just an additional punishment.
either don't take a shower or use liquid soap. if u drop it, kneel don't bend over. best strategy essentially.

Yea, cause everybody in prison is guilty, right?

not all but the vast majority

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

either don't take a shower or use liquid soap. if u drop it, kneel don't bend over. best strategy essentially.

Yea, cause everybody in prison is guilty, right?

not all but the vast majority

this has to be one of the stupidest, most ignorant things i've ever heard.

jail and prison are meant to reform and better people so that when they are released back into society, they become a better person and aren't considered a problem to society again.  especially when most people in there are catching cases for small time petty stuff.   no way does violating another mans butthole do anything positive.

this has to be one of the stupidest, most ignorant things i've ever heard.

jail and prison are meant to reform and better people so that when they are released back into society, they become a better person and aren't considered a problem to society again.  especially when most people in there are catching cases for small time petty stuff.   no way does violating another mans butthole do anything positive.

Back
Top Bottom