Why LeBron James is Going to End up with the Knicks - NY Mag article

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

If he goes to the the Knicks I guarantee they would give their unis and logo an extreme makeover.

they are already talking about doing a minor change to the jerseys for next season.

"see dem banners"
lebron+in+knicks+uni.jpg

Lebron on the Knicks will create a Celtics-Knicks rivalry in the Atlantic and a New York-LA rivalry nationally. It's perfect for the NBA.... and give another reason for everyone to hate New York even more.....

but I think Lebron could end up in Miami with D Wade and Pat Riley coaching. Apparently the Heat have enough room to resign Wade and bring in 2 more stars.....correct me if I'm wrong......

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Lebron on the Knicks will create a Celtics-Knicks rivalry in the Atlantic and a New York-LA rivalry nationally. It's perfect for the NBA.... and give another reason for everyone to hate New York even more.....

but I think Lebron could end up in Miami with D Wade and Pat Riley coaching. Apparently the Heat have enough room to resign Wade and bring in 2 more stars.....correct me if I'm wrong......

If Lebron goes to the Knicks,   I guarantee you Knicks fans will get hated on way more then Cavs fans ever did.  The Knick fan regulars are cool for the most part, but there will be so many annoying new Knick fans that will run their mouths way more then Cavs fans do or are capable of doing.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

No please , HoldenMichael, Ska...lock this thread
sick.gif

and I thought the NY Daily news was bad this past saturday
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
they can photoshop on a knicks jersey but can't photoshop the stretch marks out? 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by I Noah Dentist

Sorry New Yorkers, this looks better....

2w2fq79.jpg

Drose, Hinrich, Lebron, Gibson, Noah with Deng, Miller, Murray, and Warrick coming off the bench is better than any lineup you can think of next year.

roll.gif
do they have the cap space to sign him? lebron and noah HMMMM
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

If Lebron goes to the Knicks,   I guarantee you Knicks fans will get hated on way more then Cavs fans ever did.  The Knick fan regulars are cool for the most part, but there will be so many annoying new Knick fans that will run their mouths way more then Cavs fans do or are capable of doing.
and this is why this list was created months ago

http://niketalk.com/topic/209340

each fan was already assigned a number too
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

so we will already know who's jumping on the bandwagon and is just a Lebron fan (not an NYK fan).
glasses.gif

I hope for his sake, he stays in Clevland.

His chances of winning a chip would diminish if he left, I.M.O.

It could take 2-3 yrs to get N.Y. to the finals, let alone win it.

Its not easy to just put a team together and become champs...08 celts are an exception not the rule.

And who knows how he would handle the N.Y. media/fans pressure to win NOW...RIGHT NOW!

Pretty sure the Knicks could get to the 2nd round and lose next season with him.

As I've said before, starting next year he on the Knicks or insert team automatically makes them the 2nd best team in the East with Boston a year older.

Also, next year and into the future with the Cavs..what's there? 3 of their starters will be 34 or older starting this summer. They have to revamp that roster on the fly if he stays. I'm sure Cavs fans are still more pleased with Jamison over Amare, though.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pr0phecy718 wrote:

and this is why this list was created months ago

http://niketalk.com/topic/209340

each fan was already assigned a number too
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

so we will already know who's jumping on the bandwagon and is just a Lebron fan (not an NYK fan).
glasses.gif

eek.gif
Dude RT, Your AVY..... I have that same exact card autographed by Starks. 

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

real knicks fans are way too paranoid to start running around claiming we're top dog and talking %%@+. i don't think we'll be anywhere near as hated as cavs fans on niketalk. But in the real world yes the knick fans will get alot of hate. i'm sure there will be plenty of obnoxious knick fans. And to the general public who knows nothing about the salary cap it would look like a yankee move where NYC just steals a hometown hero. so I'm sure the knicks will get plenty of hate

i'd rather be hated than be laughed at though
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Pretty sure the Knicks could get to the 2nd round and lose next season with him.

As I've said before, starting next year he on the Knicks or insert team automatically makes them the 2nd best team in the East with Boston a year older.

Also, next year and into the future with the Cavs..what's there? 3 of their starters will be 34 or older starting this summer. They have to revamp that roster on the fly if he stays. I'm sure Cavs fans are still more pleased with Jamison over Amare, though.
Thank you. Besides Hickson, there's no one on that roster who's going to improve next year.  I agree with everything said in this post.
What sign-and-trade pieces do the Cavs have this offseason? It is within reason that they could re-sign Shaq or Z and then package them in a sign-and-trade, right? Looking at this http://hoopshype.com/salaries/cleveland.htm, that's all I can see as far as what they can do with their roster this offseason.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by you big dummy

lebron100517_2_banners_560.jpg

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

NY mag is about the 12th place I go to get sports news, behind only the Russian orthodox newspaper.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 that PS is dope though.

for real though....bron will not be able to handle the pressure playing in NY. he will crack.

If anyone can handle it, it is lebron. Dude was the king and chosen one since like 9th grade and had more media pressure on him than any kid in sports ever has. Now he's a back-to-back MVP. I think he deals with pressure and the spotlight just fine. And bosh would be a diff case, but if he came with lebron all the blame for any failure would go on lebron anyways
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom